I suck at FIFA

Vercetti

Forum Elder
Dec 22, 2005
Current online record: 5-3-14

I havent' made it out of the last division. :lol:. Do I really suck this bad? Or is everybody else THAT good? I've always enjoyed playing Fifa, but sometimes I want to throw the controller through my TV.

Molo316

Master Guru
Jul 4, 2009
BRITAIN
www.fernanzr.uk.tt
[QUOTE="Vercetti, post: 5682932]Current online record: 5-3-14

I havent' made it out of the last division. :lol:. Do I really suck this bad? Or is everybody else THAT good? I've always enjoyed playing Fifa, but sometimes I want to throw the controller through my TV.[/QUOTE]I never play FIFA online anymore because there are some pathetic players out there, so I don't let the rage get to me.

But I commend you for sticking out the matches that you have lost (if that's what you've done).

I'd imagine I'd be extremely shit online if I took it up again, so don't worry about that.

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
You are not alone, I cant seem to win a match at all, most times I pass the ball it lands to the other teams player, their defence always wins a tackle, I heard there is a cheat that people are using where you push select and it lets you control your keeper while your defence then gets played by the computer.

Molo316

Master Guru
Jul 4, 2009
BRITAIN
www.fernanzr.uk.tt
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5682983]You are not alone, I cant seem to win a match at all, most times I pass the ball it lands to the other teams player, their defence always wins a tackle, I heard there is a cheat that people are using where you push select and it lets you control your keeper while your defence then gets played by the computer.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I heard the same.

And is that how it's done? Well I'd say if you, or anyone else, ever suspects that your opponent is doing that, do the bloody same to them!

Bastards!

Sep 7, 2007
Finally a Fifa thread :D

Managed to win the EA charity cup online thing :D but I got lucky and still suck.

My career mode has got corrupted I think :( Whenever I go on it players are vanishing and I can't find em :( Quite annoying.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
Doing manager mode atm...doin ok...about 7 games in. Got some big wins in...not lost yet...i bought only modric...i paid 40 million..lol...he's scored some lovely goals already..

@yourmumsface,

I noticed you've lost to man city recently lol..c'mon..man up lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="jj03, post: 5683059]Doing manager mode atm...doin ok...about 7 games in. Got some big wins in...not lost yet...i bought only modric...i paid 40 million..lol...he's scored some lovely goals already..

@yourmumsface,

I noticed you've lost to man city recently lol..c'mon..man up lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Lol I beat them in the semi's and the final of my cup run though :D

I don't know what's happened to my manager mode :( Can't believe it's corrupt or whatever, tried to hard with it :(

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
Thats shit... :-/

I hope my data don't corrupt...otherwise i'll be forced to kick the shit outta my dog...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Vercetti

Forum Elder
Dec 22, 2005
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5682983]You are not alone, I cant seem to win a match at all, most times I pass the ball it lands to the other teams player, their defence always wins a tackle, I heard there is a cheat that people are using where you push select and it lets you control your keeper while your defence then gets played by the computer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems like they know who I'm going to pass the ball to before I do! Anyways, I'm steadily improving I guess. I made it up to the 9th division. As for the cheat thing, it wouldn't surprise me. This new defensive gameplay makes it hard for you to defend someone. One wrong move and they blow right by you.

Current record: 9-5-15

DaveNI1979

Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2007
Cookstown, Northern Ireland
Changing the buttons around helped me, swapped tackle/pull to R1 so square is secondary press. Havnt tried season mode yet but on friendlies im around 60wins, 7draw 7 loss with about 50 goals let in and nearly 200 scored. Only played 4or5 different people though. I do find the game frustrating at times though, especially defending is alot harder. Have been waiting for ea to take gk control out b4 I try h2h seasons but the cup has tempted me to start it.

Molo316

Master Guru
Jul 4, 2009
BRITAIN
www.fernanzr.uk.tt
I tried pressing Select and it does allow you to control the keeper. Although I haven't tried it myself, I'd imagine this is the thing people do online, as previously mentioned.

If we're going to talk about Career mode maybe it might be worth starting a new thread.
There are some crazy transfers, and I could recommend some players as I'm just starting my fourth season (I started simming quite a few matches).