I think I almost prevented a fight in a movie theater.

Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 6095080]I forgot, some people don't factor in "old age" any more. You see, some people believe in paying extra respect to older people and even couples. However, it's your choice. You don't want to pay respect to your elders and couples, then don't pay them extra.[/QUOTE]

I respect elders if they deserve it, same reason I respect anyone. I hate self entitled older people though.

For instance, on a bus if I see an old person get on 9/10 ill offer my seat to them..however if that person is rude or clears their throat loudly whilst staring at me...well they can just stand, ill just pretend I don't see them.

Lets not forget these were middle aged people too...not exactly elderly. Causing such a stupid argument over moving ONE seat, what a moron!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
In all fairness, whenever I go to the cinema, I like to pick a spot that is comfortable for me, and that's usually back row, centre. If that seat is unavailable or taken, I'll find the next best seat. I don't kick up a fuss about it like a baby, like these guys did, I just accept the fact this is a public place and people are entitled to sit where they want on a first come, first serve basis, much like how the couple in your scenario did. The youths should've accepted that but instead tried to act 'hard' in front of the cinema and started to threaten an ELDERLY couple. It's pathetic how far down society has fallen.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="x6Teen, post: 0]People were saying this for thousands of years.[/QUOTE]
Yet thousands of years ago we didn't have mad men blowing themselves up in the middle of marathons. We didn't have crazed psychopaths randomly attacking members of the Armed Forces in the middle of London. We didn't have sick degenerates raping and murdering four-year old girls. The world is in a far shittier place than it was 'thousands of years ago' so, please, don't even begin to try and use that argument.

XMW

Super Elite
Jun 22, 2008
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 6095080]I forgot, some people don't factor in "old age" any more. You see, some people believe in paying extra respect to older people and even couples. However, it's your choice. You don't want to pay respect to your elders and couples, then don't pay them extra.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see, you're one of those people who automatically knows the character of a person on the internet based on 2 posts.

Anyway, Dave-The-Rave pretty much posted what I would've posted. I still think it was unneccesary for the couple not to move 1 seat, since it wouldn't have made the slightest difference in their view towards the screen.

May 5, 2011
USA
[QUOTE="XMW, post: 6095569]Oh, I see, you're one of those people who automatically knows the character of a person on the internet based on 2 posts.
[/QUOTE]

Where? Show me where I actually stated or seemed to know your character based on two posts. All I said was, if you don't want to show extra respect to elderly people, then don't. That's not knowing someone's character, that's just talking about someone's actions.

x_terna

Super Elite
Sep 24, 2006
L.A
[QUOTE="TEJ2025, post: 6094759]If I wait an hour in line for a movie and pick a seat I want then I wouldn't move either.[/QUOTE]

This is how it should be, that's why people get in line early to get good seats.