IBTimes: Sony is ready for E3 2015!

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005

Sony is ready for the E3 2015, and it wants as many fans to witness the event as possible. This year will be the same in that more fans will have a chance to watch the event even without being present in Los Angeles.The PlayStation E3 Experience will make a comeback on June 15. What’s even better is that Sony has increased the number of theaters due to sold-out tickets based on last year’s data. The increase will be significant at 150 percent, allowing for at least one PlayStation E3 Experience theater in every state across the U.S. and three in Canada. And as usual, it will still be free.
Canadian gaming presenter Geoff Keighley announced via the PlayStation Blog that some surprises are in store for attendees. Gaming fans can expect a 30-minute exclusive footage featuring interviews with developers. Plus, there is the usual freebie surprise, including some PlayStation goods and digital downloads.
Starting Wednesday, free tickets will already be available from 9 p.m. onwards at the link here. For those who are willing to gamble on finding seats via on a first-come, first-served basis, 20 percent of the theaters will be reserved for those on the wait list.
The hype continues in the form of a new trailer for the PS4. Seen below, the new trailer features some of the newest as well as upcoming titles coming to Sony’s console.
The anticipation for E3 2015 will not be complete without some leaks reaching the public before their actual announcement. According to Gamepur, Sony has had one of its major announcements leak, and it involves its two devices, the PS4 and the PS Vita.
A new promotion, set to last until June 10, offers some major device prizes. Among those prizes are the PS4 and PS Vita, but the more interesting fact is their prices. The PS4 is reported to be $349 while the PS Vita is $89. These prices are at a major cut, with the PS4 receiving a $50 price cut, while the PS Vita has had a whopping $110, if these prices are actually announced at E3 2015.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-ready-e3...ce-new-best-games-trailer-event-leaks-1934076

That price cut would be amazing. If that rumor turns out to be true, the Vita may be in for a comeback as well!

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6447561]The Vita priced at 90$? Seriously? That sounds way too good to be true.[/QUOTE]
Seems crazy. My guess is, it will be $90 with a Vue subscription or PS+, but $90 cash-money would be insane.

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 6447586]If it is a Vita-3000 then maybe. Think how cheap mobile phones are, maybe $100 US.[/QUOTE]

Mobile phones in the US run about $500 to $800. the only reason we get them for less is because we pay ridiculous prices for cell service. Vita doesn't have anything like currently.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6447561]The Vita priced at 90$? Seriously? That sounds way too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think so too. But I'll definitely buy one then if that happens.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 6447677]I'm calling it right now. Sony is giving Kojima his own studio to create his own games.[/QUOTE]

Should also purchase the Fox Engine. Konami won't need it and no point letting it go to waste considering what has already been demonstrated with it.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="Bigdoggy, post: 6447677]I'm calling it right now. Sony is giving Kojima his own studio to create his own games.[/QUOTE]
That would definitely get peoples attention lol

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana

It really would make sense. They have strong ties. It's just if they can afford to do that.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009

Well seeing as Silent Hills was looking to be a PS4 Morpheus exclusive that Kojima and del Toro are trying to salvage, it would make sense. He would be given full creative freedom in Sony's house.

Edit: btw I think theres 0% chance of that happening.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Last edited:

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6447725]Well seeing as Silent Hills was looking to be a PS4 Morpheus exclusive that Kojima and del Toro are trying to salvage, it would make sense. He would be given full creative freedom in Sony's house.

Sent from my GT-I9000[/QUOTE]
Silent Hills weren't going to be 1st person though, I think it was only heavily rumored.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="K2D, post: 6447748]Silent Hills weren't going to be 1st person though, I think it was only heavily rumored.[/QUOTE]

Kojima and del Toro talked about making a horror game using cutting edge technology. I don't think they were alluding to current gen consoles but a truly immersive VR experience which is why the demo only came to PS4 in an era where Kojima is multi plat. Yoshida even made a comment on twitter about SHs being cool if it were VR and how Kojima likes toys. Most who have played P.T (myself included) say it was the most terrifying game they've ever played-most of what made P.T that exclusive was created from the first person perspective. I personally believe, without doubt, that it was going to be a 1st person experience.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Last edited:

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6447755]Kojima and del Toro talked about making a horror game using cutting edge technology. I don't think they were alluding to current gen consoles but a truly immersive VR experience which is why the demo only came to PS4 in an era where Kojima is multi plat. Yoshida even made a comment on twitter about SHs being cool if it were VR and how Kojima likes toys. Most who have played P.T (myself included) say it was the most terrifying game they've ever played-most of what made P.T that exclusive was created from the first person perspective. I personally believe, without doubt, that it was going to be a 1st person experience.

Cool! News to me. Yeah people wouldn't fare well in that game. Heart attacks galore.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6447725]Well seeing as Silent Hills was looking to be a PS4 Morpheus exclusive that Kojima and del Toro are trying to salvage, it would make sense. He would be given full creative freedom in Sony's house.

ehhhh I don't really think Konami gave Kojima the freedom, they would always push him on MGS I think, not sure. He's always said he wanted to do other things, but he never was able to and I think that falls under konami. With Sony, Sony has been known to always give their developers the freedom on making any game they wanted and to take basically as much time as they need.

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
I'd really like to hear some firm news on Morpheus; release date, price, supported games............

I can wish I suppose, a proper P.T style horror game in VR would be pretty awesome, then again I got nervous after playing Alien Isolation in the dark with headphones after a while :pale

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
P.T is the only game that really instilled feelings of terror in me. The sound engineering was amazing and the visuals too, despite being dumbed down. That in VR would be a megaton. Kojima's work on photo realism would have shined here.

Sent from my GT-I9000

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
There was some sick games advertised on that video in the link. I'll share it just in case people didn't bother to click the link.

[video=youtube;YdE4DkVPYwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdE4DkVPYwM[/video]

Tetsu

Forum Guru
May 6, 2006

Edit: btw I think theres 0% chance of that happening. [/QUOTE]
I wouldn't be too quick to rule that out. The hype is strong in this one. The gamer enthusiasm for it may be dampened a bit, but there are so many gamer initiated petitions and email bomb campaigns, even to getting Konami to re-release P.T. itself, I doubt SONY is going to ignore it, and will seek to capitalize on it as soon as they can. I'm still engrossed over what I've seen of P.T., and cherish some of my own notions about what's going on, and what it might portend in an actual Silent Hills game.