[Idea] PSU Community: Battlefield 4 Team

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Overview

The PSU community has shown its affinity for coming together as a group and wrecking havoc online. For years this was done through the famous Boys n' Warhawks clan, and more recently our new community manager Ghost-Rhayne brought the community to the forefront of the Dust 514 hype with his Ghost Syndicate group.

That in mind, I am looking to field the community's interest for creating a similar group for Battlefield 4, which will be releasing later this year on the PS3 and as a launch title for the PS4. If enough people are interested, we could certainly get organized and become a reckoning force in BF4's 64-player lobbies. This would also be an opportunity to promote the site and bring new, enthusiastic gamers to our community.

What would this be?

Well, that's kind of up to you guys. The more people interested, the more we can do. Scheduling matches every week, appointing 'captains', etc., are all things we could discuss if people are willing to invest some time into the game and want to be part of a good team.

Why would I want to be part of this?

There are several reasons: First, Battlefield 4 looks like it's going to be the best first-person shooter to date. Watch any of the game's trailers and you'll be blown away. Second, Battlefield titles are all about team work. Effective teams almost always conquer more disorganized ones. Third, it's an opportunity to further connect and promote the community, which is overall a good thing.

Interested? Vote "Interested" in this poll and make a post in this thread. Ideas and other comments are welcome. Remember, this is really all about seeing who is interested and seeing what we have to work with.

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
If i pick it up i will be interested, just hope the comms work better than they did on ps3

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="-Shafty-, post: 6171015]If i pick it up i will be interested, just hope the comms work better than they did on ps3[/QUOTE]

I guess I need to invest in one of those. :snicker

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
you have no headset/mic?

it was turd on ps3, so intermittent. pissed most of us BnW off no end!

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="-Shafty-, post: 6171033]you have no headset/mic?

it was turd on ps3, so intermittent. pissed most of us BnW off no end![/QUOTE]

I was what, 5 years old when I got my PS3? :lol: Nah, I decided against getting a mic this generation. That'll change in the next-gen of college dorms and by necessity if I do this.

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
I'm interested, I've already got my BF4 copy for PS4 preordered and with the included headset on the box there should be no problems, so I'd definitely be game.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="-Shafty-, post: 6171044]Yep, BF isn't reaslly something you wanna do on your own/without chatting to team mates[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a real pain playing Battlefield 3 without one. I do fine, but I can't imagine how much better the experience would be with a good, communicating team. That's why I want to start something here at PSU... not so that the game can suck my life away but so that I can enjoy the experience more.

[QUOTE="daLa, post: 6171046]I'm interested, I've already got my BF4 copy for PS4 preordered and with the included headset on the box there should be no problems, so I'd definitely be game.[/QUOTE]

Sweet man. Is there a headset included with the PS4 Battlefield 4 launch bundle?

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6171052]Would you guys be hosting a server?[/QUOTE]

This was just an idea off the top of my head, but I don't see why we couldn't. Like I said, it really determines how many people are interested. If we have a lot of people on board, I'm sure we could work something out. That's tentative, though. I'd have to discuss that with my superiors. :snicker

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Servers are how communities grow. Also people see the name in the title and banner they may visit here too.

After playing BF3 and experiencing silly rules on Custom server (banning certain weapons but mainly insanely high ticket numbers) and seeing many PSU BF3 forum dwellers here also complain of such practices it would be nice for people here to know they have a place to play without fear of being kicked for being awesome and just simply playing the game using whatever weapon they desire when ever they want.

I am member of a clan that's been going for over 13 years, started off with Half Life 1. It was just 2 guys that played each other hosting it on their own machines now there are dozens of members although not s many as there used to be. I joined around 2007 and we tend to meet up every September.

Last edited:

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Steve, post: 6171053]Yeah, it's a real pain playing Battlefield 3 without one. I do fine, but I can't imagine how much better the experience would be with a good, communicating team. That's why I want to start something here at PSU... not so that the game can suck my life away but so that I can enjoy the experience more.

Sweet man. Is there a headset included with the PS4 Battlefield 4 launch bundle?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is one bundled with every single PS4, a mono wired headset to plug into your DS4, not too fancy but should do the job just fine :)

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6171061]Servers are how communities grow. Also people see the name in the title and banner they may visit here too.

After playing BF3 and experiencing silly rules on Custom server (banning certain weapons but mainly insanely high ticket numbers) and seeing many PSU BF3 forum dwellers here also complain of such practices it would be nice for people here to know they have a place to play without fear of being kicked for being awesome and just simply playing the game using whatever weapon they desire when ever they want.

I am member of a clan that's been going for over 13 years, started off with Half Life 1. It was just 2 guys that played each other hosting it on their own machines now there are dozens of members although not s many as there used to be. I joined around 2007 and we tend to meet up every September.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a PC guy obviously, but I'll see what I can do. I totally agree.

[QUOTE="Wrath, post: 6171085]I've clocked 400+ hours into BF 3 and have yet to get tired.

Suffice to say, I'll be there day 1! Sign me up.[/QUOTE]

Awesome man. :)

[QUOTE="daLa, post: 6171112]Yes, there is one bundled with every single PS4, a mono wired headset to plug into your DS4, not too fancy but should do the job just fine :)[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Yay for "saving" money!

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="Fon, post: 6171122]I'm not the best player out there but I can play some games if you guys don't mind.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who's willing to work with a team and communicate is welcome. :)

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="Steve, post: 6171124]Anyone who's willing to work with a team and communicate is welcome. :)[/QUOTE]The only good thing (Skill wise) that you'll get from me is driving a tank. Other than that, you're looking for the wrong guy. :snicker Oh and I guess I'm a decent medic. I enjoy healing and reviving my teammates on tighter maps.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="Fon, post: 6171132]The only good thing (Skill wise) that you'll get from me is driving a tank. Other than that, you're looking for the wrong guy. :snicker Oh and I guess I'm a decent medic. I enjoy healing and reviving my teammates on tighter maps.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I'm a terrible tank driver.

[QUOTE="PS4THEWIN, post: 6171139]I'm in.[/QUOTE]

Check this thread periodically. Assuming people keep expressing interest, I'll start organizing how we could make all of this work. :)

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="Steve, post: 6171117]I'm not a PC guy obviously, but I'll see what I can do. I totally agree.

Awesome man. :)

Sweet. Yay for "saving" money![/QUOTE]

Definitely! a bluetooth headset might be about $10 the least, it ain't that much but got plenty of heavy spending this year that any kind of saving is welcome so totally agreed. :)

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I think this is something that we need to get going more. We always have select games that get lots of attention. But no matter what there is always games that members are always passionate about. Whether it be Drive Club, BF4, or COD I would like to see the forums get more personal from a gaming aspect. We always gave select games that get lots of attention like Warhawk, Dust, and a couple more.

mudshark

Dedicated Member
Feb 11, 2007
looking for the Sky remote!
[QUOTE="-Shafty-, post: 6171033]you have no headset/mic?

it was turd on ps3, so intermittent. pissed most of us BnW off no end![/QUOTE]

It wasnt the comms, it was 'your' comms :snicker

I would certainly be interested but I guess that would be with mainly europeans (not "manly" europeans, I am not Shafty!), due to the time difference with our US friends.

Last edited:

Wrath

Master Guru
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
[QUOTE="chriharr, post: 6172355]BF4 isn't an exclusive PS4 game. Not interested.[/QUOTE]

Possibly the most idiotic reason to not be interested... EVER.