Ideas for Uncharted to get better?

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
Possibly the best 1 player PS3 exclusive out(its disputable, but its still at least top three I think), yet the sales in this short attention span internet savvy era it didnt really sell at the rate to match its quality imo.

My question is what can they add to their sequel to give it a broader audience?

IMO some sort of quality online format will be needed maybe. Along with Co-op and maybe a more open to explore set up. But thats my opinion. What does everyone else think? :suspect:

zero1661

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2006
I sincerely hope that they focus on making it longer and maybe not quite so repetitive, if they add an online portion the SP game will most likely suffer so I really hope they dont.

Mar 3, 2008
I'd like there to be more of the tomb exploration bits that made up the first few chapters of the game. I loved the game but I felt that there was a little too much gunplay for a game of this sort.

Forcedme

Super Elite
Oct 19, 2007
Sticking to the environment that they promise. Am I the only one pissed off that the 'lush jungle' we saw so much of before release seemed to be swept under the table for underground caves and crappy factory-like areas? I loved the opening of Uncharted. The jungle was alive and fluid, and it truly felt as if I was being immersed in a next-gen experience.

...Then, the game goes all Rambo on me and forces me to fight in areas nowhere near as good looking as the opening foliage, failing to live up to its introduction.

That's what I want. I want the scenery to get better, not crappier.

Oh, and the jetski missions sucked. Please fix those.

[QUOTE="Forcedme, post: 0]Sticking to the environment that they promise. Am I the only one pissed off that the 'lush jungle' we saw so much of before release seemed to be swept under the table for underground caves and crappy factory-like areas? I loved the opening of Uncharted. The jungle was alive and fluid, and it truly felt as if I was being immersed in a next-gen experience.

...Then, the game goes all Rambo on me and forces me to fight in areas nowhere near as good looking as the opening foliage, failing to live up to its introduction.

That's what I want. I want the scenery to get better, not crappier.

Oh, and the jetski missions sucked. Please fix those.[/quote]

Good point there mate. The jungle atmosphere was absolutely stunning! :shock:

Mar 3, 2007
I liked the caverns etc, i was glad there was more than just jungle.

I think if they remove the screen tearing, add more and more difficult puzzles and platforming I'd gladly play through another story. I liked all the shooting so just adding the above in addition would be great.

Carsonal

Elite Sage
Jun 3, 2006
It doesn't need co-op, but two people solving puzzles and distracting enemies would be interesting.

All I could ask in the sequel is that they
Don't bring back those horrible little creatures. That really didnt work for me.

Overall I think Naughty Dog got it right, and would enjoy a completely different setting to the island.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
I'd like online/offline co-op.

A different setting, maybe a desert with like pyramids or something.

More interaction with objects (ability to use anything as a weapon)

And then just up everything they already have, graphics, animations etc

lled

Apprentice
Sep 7, 2007
i thought the game was perfect. didn't really mind the gunfights. I kind of really liked it. and the environment was perfect. Someone said there wasn't enough mission in the jungle...i thought there were a lot. But there could be more puzzle solving involved. And we could have a change in environment maybe. Like they could travel all around the world in the search for the treasure (kinda like national treasure..the movie)

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
[QUOTE="lled, post: 0]i thought the game was perfect. didn't really mind the gunfights. I kind of really liked it. and the environment was perfect. Someone said there wasn't enough mission in the jungle...i thought there were a lot. But there could be more puzzle solving involved. And we could have a change in environment maybe. Like they could travel all around the world in the search for the treasure (kinda like national treasure..the movie)[/quote]

Yea I thought the game worked well overall myself. I cant really say anything about it falls under the term crappy. A lil' too extreme a description. I do think it needs to add more catchy elements for a general audience to catch on. This was more of a question in that direction. not really a "tear the game down" thing.

AranhaHunter

Superior Member
Feb 12, 2006
Online/Offline Co Op
Online and Offline Multiplayer (as long as it doesn't come at the expense of the SP experience)
More guns and weapons
More puzzles
Longer game

Serinous

Elite Sage
Feb 18, 2008
[QUOTE="Apocalypse-, post: 0]Making it way longer would be awesome! And online...:D[/quote]

exactly what i was gonna say hahahaha

pizzamonkio

Superior Member
Mar 28, 2008
i think they could make it better by not having such a linear path more open for exploring as you are an "explorer". i think the gameplay formula got a little repetitive. solve problem - climb stuff - gun fight-climb stuff ect. and i didnt like the aiming system felt kinda clunky and not percise for a game with so much gun play.

Serinous

Elite Sage
Feb 18, 2008
[QUOTE="pizzamonkio, post: 0]i think they could make it better by not having such a linear path more open for exploring as you are an "explorer". i think the gameplay formula got a little repetitive. solve problem - climb stuff - gun fight-climb stuff ect. and i didnt like the aiming system felt kinda clunky and not percise for a game with so much gun play.[/quote]

that is true.... they should make multiple solution or ways to all the levels... that would be cool.

Apr 1, 2008
I really enjoyed the game, I would say it could have been longer and a bit harder some of the puzzles were to easy, also as someone mentioned before for the next 1 why not have you going round the world in different environments kind of like tomb raider.

But overall I thought naughty dog done well on this game and I look forward to the sequel!!

jlippone

Forum Guru
Dec 2, 2004
I would love them to introduce more puzzles and some chatting with other characters in a way which made Fate of Atlantis great.
It had many of the puzzles made trough conversations and understanding the surrounding enviroment.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
I loved the gunfights so my only suggestion is to make the enemies less bullet proof. Having to practically empty your clip into an enemy to bring him down is ridiculous. I know you can do a headshot but thats not always easy to do when you've got 6 or 7 guys shooting at you with AK47s and trying to flank you. And no online just make an epic single player adventure.

Carsonal

Elite Sage
Jun 3, 2006
It almost seemed like the enemies health system was the same as Drakes.

You could shoot them, but if you left them alone they would fully heal again.

At least that was the impression I got.

markcarter

Apprentice
Apr 28, 2006
I would personaly like to see bigger environments, I know the game has a certain track that you need to be on through the level to take you to the right areas but more exploration is something I would love. More destructable environments would also be great!

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Carsonal, post: 0]It almost seemed like the enemies health system was the same as Drakes.

At least that was the impression I got.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. I hope they fix that in the next one.

higrob24

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2006
I've just got the game, and i'm enjoying it.

However i would like
1. More varied places to go.
2. Less gun fights.
3. When i've discovering an area thats be blocked of for years i would like not to find a group of bad guys that some how knew about the massive backdoor way in.
4. More, harder puzzles.

5.Not really a problem but the game i played before this was Assasin's Creed. So i found it annoying that i couldn't climb the areas i wasnt meant to even if visually they looked just as climbable as any other.

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
[QUOTE="Carsonal, post: 0]It almost seemed like the enemies health system was the same as Drakes.

At least that was the impression I got.[/quote]
I actually have no issue with this. The enemies were more entertaining like that. If thats your complaint you can always put it on easy. :mrgreen: Seriously I do like the enemies strength being where it was. They still went down with one head shot. I think the head shot aim could be just a lil' bit tighter. But I love the set up. Try to get head shots and they'll be less of an issue in bullet wasting. Takes good timing to catch them with a good head shot, but nevertheless its ridiculously fun to clip em like that.