Instagram released for android

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
Seen it run on both iOS and Android and needless to say the iOS version is vastly superior to the Android port in every single way.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5805126]Why are the iPhone users pissed? Who the fuck cares? The more peopl that can use it the better.[/QUOTE]

When an iPhone exclusive app goes multi-smart phone, shit turns ugly real quick... :snicker

R3D D3V!L

PSU Editorial Assistant
Mar 12, 2007
Wigan, England
The meltdown was hilarious though. Both versions of the app are same apart from a few minor differences. I'm disappointed that they didn't incorporate the ICS theme which Google wants app developers to use. A real missed oppurtunity.

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 5805232]...and what is this?[/QUOTE]

lets you turn crap photos into something half decent basically.

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="Ghost-Rhayne, post: 5805128]When an iPhone exclusive app goes multi-smart phone, shit turns ugly real quick... :snicker[/QUOTE]
Its worse than console fanboys because alot of Android users are doing the same thing for a third of the price. :lol:

Dave-The-Rave

Power Member
Jan 31, 2007
Northern Ireland
[QUOTE="hexagone, post: 5805451]I'm disappointed that they didn't incorporate the ICS theme which Google wants app developers to use. A real missed oppurtunity.
[/QUOTE]

Someone ban this idiot already.

Jul 9, 2008
[QUOTE="Jaeger, post: 5805105]Seen it run on both iOS and Android and needless to say the iOS version is vastly superior to the Android port in every single way.[/QUOTE]

i've used it on both and it is almost identical. I don't know how you think it is vastly superior.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5805778]Doesn't run on my touch tablet S. Ill try it wehen an update comes.[/QUOTE]
Only handset support for now apparently.

TheBreezyBB

Master Poster
Mar 22, 2007
Qatar
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5805126]Why are the iPhone users pissed? Who the fuck cares? The more Hipsters that can use it the better.[/QUOTE]

There you go i fixed that for ya.

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="R3D D3V!L, post: 5806038]Tablet support was added in a new update.[/QUOTE]
At the time of my post it wasn't supported, is now tho, trying it out.
Tried it, dont see my self ever using it tho.

Last edited:

[DT]

Forum Guru
May 1, 2008
Vilano Beach, FL
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5806065]...love it when people "fix" my posts. Please do it again as soon as you can!

XXXs and OOOs

David

[/QUOTE]

:lol:

On topic:

I wouldn’t waste any cycles on the small minority of iOS users who are being silly (not even sure why it was part of the discussion[?]).

As far as the app, it’s an enhanced camera app, plus photo enhancement, plus social network for images. I’ve got it, but I either use the native cam app (since it’s so fast), or Camera+ which has a whole bag-o-effects if I want to do “on device” editing (also have Snapseed which is pretty outstanding for editing), and then they’re either shared via our photo stream or case-by-case to specific share sites (FB, Flickr, etc.)

If you’re really into photography as a social media communication mechanism, it’s pretty awesome (my photographer friends love it).

May 8, 2012
Facebook seems to have decided that it wants its non-Smartphone users to enjoy the application too after acquiring Instagram. There are two new filters being introduced to its Facebook for Every Phone app by the Facebook which has the ability to give Sepia or Grayscale effect to the photos. Sources have stated that his is not an extension to the application. This application has been developed at an employee hackathon.
Indian markets are doing very well with these economically-viable phones which will surely be received with open arms. Earlier the Instagram users were very unhappy due to the app being sold off to a social networking site, mainly on account of privacy issues. Let’s hope that feature phone users will be a lot more forgiving and a happier.:snicker

:p

Feb 8, 2010
Companies should expand not constrict....great for android users, maybe we'll see this on other OSes. I don't know why iPhone users are so mad about that, stupid reaction from their part. More companies should follow their example.