Introducing PlayStation Classic, with 20 Pre-Loaded Games

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/18/introducing-playstation-classic-with-20-pre-loaded-games/

Almost 25 years ago, the original PlayStation was introduced to the world. Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment, it was the first home console in video game history to ship 100 million units worldwide, offering consumers a chance to play games with real-time 3D rendered graphics in their homes for the first time.

Today, we are excited to announce that we are bringing back the original PlayStation experience in a new miniaturized version – PlayStation Classic! The console will come pre-loaded with 20 classic titles, including fan-favorites such as Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms.

The mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the original’s look and feel by featuring similar controllers and packaging. Long-time fans will appreciate the nostalgia that comes with rediscovering the games they know and love, while gamers who might be new to the platform can enjoy the groundbreaking PlayStation console experience that started it all. All of the pre-loaded games will be playable in their original format.

Available for pre-order at select retailers across the US and CAN, each unit will also come with an HDMI cable to connect to their TV, a USB cable, and two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles. PlayStation Classic will be available for $99.99 USD (MSRP) / $129.99 CAN (MSRP) on December 3, 2018 – a historic date for all of us at PlayStation.

Visit PlayStation.com for more details on regional availability, and stay tuned to the Blog for the full lineup of titles coming to PlayStation Classic. There are more fan favorites, and we can’t wait to share more details in the coming months.

What are your favorite original PlayStation memories? Share in the comments below!

*AC adaptor sold separately

Would like to know what the other games are. Wonder what the Open button does. And AC adapter sold separately? This runs on batteries I guess?

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Add Grandia... easiest $99 anyone's ever made in the history of capitalism!

On a little side note though: No dualshock? Games like Ape Escape ain't gracing this then.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Just 1 question why is this needed??

I only got 1 option if had to buy this, if it ran ps1 games I already own & other option would be to download ps1 games from the store even if it means paying a little prices here & there that store on the classic hdd. 20 pre loaded just isn't enough. Why is limit so small?? Nintendo still small with 23. Dont get it!!! This day and age can store huge amounts of storages.

Jun 16, 2013
Although I would prefer PS1 games (along with PS2 and PS3) to grace the PS4, I will probably still get this. It's the nostalgia thing. I might not spend much time on it, but it will look great in my living room. Plus, my favorite game of all time is a PS1 game which adds to the nostalgia. I won't be able to get it right away since I am moving out of state, so hopefully we won't see the stock shortages Nintendo does with their "mini" line...

C

Cwprotek

Not for me as I have a Vita still. Between that and PSNOW all my nostalgia needs are covered.

It's a neat little package though.