Iphone 4 or Iphone3GS

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
So I'm getting a new phone and I was just wondering which one I should get. I live in Canada so the Iphone 4 isn't out here yet. With all the problems with the new Iphone I was recondsidering it.

Last edited:

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
It's likely any production problems apple has with the new iphone will be weeded out by the time it launches in Canada.

Personally I'd go with the new one over an old one. You're saving maybe $100, but get a superior piece of hardware.

kuku

Veteran
Oct 19, 2006
Considering it's 3months into the ipad, so called "plagued with problems", most stores still can't even keep it in stock. I'll say it's not the problems that'll prevent you from getting an iphone.

Those those problems are relatively minor. My original gen iphone was more fussy, but it's still my bread and butter that no other phone did.

I'll say hold off till you can get an iphone4. If you like iphone, no reason to not get it. It's quite a nice piece of technology if you're not a hater.

gn09

Elite Member
Jan 14, 2009
i think some of the display problems with the iphone 4 resolves itself within days from what Ive read on some sites. but yeah I'd wait it out. especially as the iphone 4 finally has multitasking.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="scottscorpion, post: 5070271]will iphone 5 have left hand support lol?[/QUOTE]

Nope

Steve Jobs

Sent from my iPad with both hands

:lol:

In all seriousness I don't think this is something most users would be bothered by. I'm going to get a bumper to get around it though.

Last edited:

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="Kopkiwi, post: 5069925]DO NOT be an early adopter of the iPhone 4, it is plagued with problems. Give it 6 months.[/QUOTE]

You can just go to the Apple Store and replace it can't you?

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 5070315]You can just go to the Apple Store and replace it can't you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can. But if it's a design flaw that won't help. But you might just buy it today, Apple won't change the design in 6-months as suggested.

[DT]

Forum Guru
May 1, 2008
Vilano Beach, FL
Sounds like you've got a decent amount of time for things to shake out. If when they're available and there's any major issues still present and if you you don't them *or* the correction requirements, then I'd get the latest technology (that was like a giant run-on if/then statement.... :lol:)

I'd go with the iPhone 4 or a non-Apple solution before I'd spend the money on something older (especially if you're current an iPhone owner?)

junky_man

Apprentice
May 30, 2008
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 5071169]How about the Sony Xperia X10, is that also a good phone? I'm thinking it probably dosn't have as many apps in it.[/QUOTE]
IMHO I'd say no to SE Xperia. Although the camera is 12mp (if I'm not mistaken), but the OS is based on a previous Android 1.6 whereby currently there is already Froyo 2.2 (again, if I'm not mistaken).

But to each of their own. Don't rush in getting any phone. Scout around and read reviews/feedback on all the top models phones currently around.