Is there a way to operate my PS3??

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
Ok so i havnt had a controller for my ps3 for a while and have resorted to using keyboard and mouse just for the basic operation of the console....

however upon booting up the system today, instead of loading the xmb the playstation logo appeared before asking me to plug in my controller with a usb drive.

So why after all this time is it asking me to do this now? Is it something to do with my hardrive? Is there a way i can use my keyboard/mouse to bypass this step?

thanks

L

Lunar_Chaos

[QUOTE="ps3isthebestobe, post: 0]Ok so i havnt had a controller for my ps3 for a while and have resorted to using keyboard and mouse just for the basic operation of the console....

however upon booting up the system today, instead of loading the xmb the playstation logo appeared before asking me to plug in my controller with a usb drive.

So why after all this time is it asking me to do this now? Is it something to do with my hardrive? Is there a way i can use my keyboard/mouse to bypass this step?

thanks[/quote]

Why would you wanna use it without a controller? Try the Blu-ray remote.

K

Killerinstinct

disconnect it from the internet as their was a FW update and thats why its asking you to connect your controller via usb i believe.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
idont want to use it without a controller, but if u read my post u would know that i dont have a controller

i dont have a blu ray remote and it isnt connected to the internet unless it is picking up the new wireless signal we got installed today in our house?

higgos22

Master Guru
Feb 8, 2009
i got no idea how u got a ps3 without a controller and how u can use a mouse and keyboard to do much on a ps3 except for linux
but im guessing ring sony and maybe they can tell you