Is this TV a good buy?

DeputyDon

Elite Guru
Jun 7, 2005
www.youtube.com
Yeah it's pretty nice. It's a Samsung which, in my opinion, is in the Top 3 TV companies. Their pictures rival a Bravia and are usually much cheaper. This TV is a good size, price, and it has plenty of connections. $999? I'd say buy it.

Nov 13, 2004
Thank you.

Consider it bought. I've read the reviews. People say the picture is AMAZING. So I can't wait to hook it up with my PS3. Got my HDMI cable and everything ready.

DeputyDon

Elite Guru
Jun 7, 2005
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="MiThRaZoR, post: 0]Thank you.

Consider it bought. I've read the reviews. People say the picture is AMAZING. So I can't wait to hook it up with my PS3. Got my HDMI cable and everything ready.[/quote]

You won't regret it. The picture quality should be outstanding.

gillmanjr

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2008
NY
Its a good deal if you're hell bent on getting an LCD - but you can get a Panasonic Plasma for the same price. I'd go with the Plasma.

Nov 13, 2004
[QUOTE="gillmanjr, post: 0]Its a good deal if you're hell bent on getting an LCD - but you can get a Panasonic Plasma for the same price. I'd go with the Plasma.[/quote]

Hmm, I thought about that. I heard Plasma's use more electricity.

I'm a tree hugger. :D

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="MiThRaZoR, post: 0]Hmm, I thought about that. I heard Plasma's use more electricity.

I'm a tree hugger. :D[/quote]

go for the lcd then mate. tbh were at the stage where there is very little difference between plasma and LCD and it comes down to personal preference. and its a nice tv for a pretty good price. go for it.

Molo316

Master Guru
Jul 4, 2009
BRITAIN
www.fernanzr.uk.tt
Only problem I've had with Samsung is that my 32" HD TV, which I've probably had for just over a year now, had the Freeview feature pack up a few months ago, and I only used it once or twice (literally).

But other than that, mine has been good. Samsung seem pretty decent, it's only that bug that's put me off them. But I'm sure you'll only be using it to play games on?

NARCsnake

Forum Elder
Dec 14, 2005
i dont care about any tv but Samsung

Samsung is #1 tv i love everything about them

the only issue i have is

32' and lower LCD
32' bigger PLASMAS

Feb 21, 2009
Guess I am a little late to the party here lol. Hope you got this LCD. It is much better than the plasma I saw talked about. Don't get me wrong, plasmas have come a long way in the past 10 years, but in the end I think they are inferior technology. The power thing is an issue if you are a, "tree hugger" as you so eloquently put it heh. But the real problems lie in the functionality of a plasma. Some of them still have problems with burn in, and humming noises at higher altitudes (this was a large issue when I lived in Denver).

In my opinion you can see that it is inferior technology just if you look at the major TV brands and how many of them actually make a plasma TV anymore. Really Panasonic are the only ones still producing them in any kind of high volume. I know last year Samsung had one plasma (pretty sure that was it) and I would be surprised if they ended up making a newer version this year. Sony got out of the plasma business several years ago. Mitsubishi has stuck with DLP for a while and I wanna say they still have one or two plasmas (generally not on display anywhere...whatever that means).

Anyways plasma vs LCD aside; Samsung makes a fine TV. I had a 21 inch computer monitor, 40 inch 1080p LCD and 56 inch 1080p DLP from them. My monitor finally crapped out after 8 or 9 years of having it (moving a lot in the years and I am sure due to something like that). I have had my DLP for going on 3 years now and my LCD is a year or two old now. I love them all. I rotate gaming on all three lol (PC gaming on the monitor of course...PS3 and 360 on the other two). Absolutely love them. I haven't even had to replace the bulb in my 56" DLP yet. So if you ended up getting that TV enjoy man :) . Great price too. It is less than my 40 inch LCD was lol.

coolguy

Ultimate Veteran
May 24, 2005
long island ny
I own a 3 year old sammy its a 32 inch and the PQ is awesome
i paid 999 then for it i should have waited a few years.
but this tv you picked out is awesome its the thrid gention 120 herz
its much better then the frist 120 lcds.. if i had to buy a tv again
i would buy this for sure and i got the 3 year warrnty
mine is on a tv stand . with the lcd on the stand its better for it.
it cools better and you can get behinde it to dust it