Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2535310,00.html

Revealed: Israel plans nuclear strike on Iran
Uzi Mahnaimi New York and Sarah Baxter Washington
ISRAEL has drawn up secret plans to destroy Iran’s uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons.

Two Israeli air force squadrons are training to blow up an Iranian facility using low-yield nuclear “bunker-busters”, according to several Israeli military sources.

The attack would be the first with nuclear weapons since 1945, when the United States dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Israeli weapons would each have a force equivalent to one-fifteenth of the Hiroshima bomb.

Under the plans, conventional laser-guided bombs would open “tunnels” into the targets. “Mini-nukes” would then immediately be fired into a plant at Natanz, exploding deep underground to reduce the risk of radioactive fallout.

“As soon as the green light is given, it will be one mission, one strike and the Iranian nuclear project will be demolished,” said one of the sources.

The plans, disclosed to The Sunday Times last week, have been prompted in part by the Israeli intelligence service Mossad’s assessment that Iran is on the verge of producing enough enriched uranium to make nuclear weapons within two years.

Israeli military commanders believe conventional strikes may no longer be enough to annihilate increasingly well-defended enrichment facilities. Several have been built beneath at least 70ft of concrete and rock. However, the nuclear-tipped bunker-busters would be used only if a conventional attack was ruled out and if the United States declined to intervene, senior sources said.

Israeli and American officials have met several times to consider military action. Military analysts said the disclosure of the plans could be intended to put pressure on Tehran to halt enrichment, cajole America into action or soften up world opinion in advance of an Israeli attack.

Some analysts warned that Iranian retaliation for such a strike could range from disruption of oil supplies to the West to terrorist attacks against Jewish targets around the world.

Israel has identified three prime targets south of Tehran which are believed to be involved in Iran’s nuclear programme:

# Natanz, where thousands of centrifuges are being installed for uranium enrichment

# A uranium conversion facility near Isfahan where, according to a statement by an Iranian vice-president last week, 250 tons of gas for the enrichment process have been stored in tunnels

# A heavy water reactor at Arak, which may in future produce enough plutonium for a bomb Israeli officials believe that destroying all three sites would delay Iran’s nuclear programme indefinitely and prevent them from having to live in fear of a “second Holocaust”.

The Israeli government has warned repeatedly that it will never allow nuclear weapons to be made in Iran, whose president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has declared that “Israel must be wiped off the map”.

Robert Gates, the new US defence secretary, has described military action against Iran as a “last resort”, leading Israeli officials to conclude that it will be left to them to strike.

Israeli pilots have flown to Gibraltar in recent weeks to train for the 2,000-mile round trip to the Iranian targets. Three possible routes have been mapped out, including one over Turkey.

Air force squadrons based at Hatzerim in the Negev desert and Tel Nof, south of Tel Aviv, have trained to use Israel’s tactical nuclear weapons on the mission. The preparations have been overseen by Major General Eliezer Shkedi, commander of the Israeli air force.

Sources close to the Pentagon said the United States was highly unlikely to give approval for tactical nuclear weapons to be used. One source said Israel would have to seek approval “after the event”, as it did when it crippled Iraq’s nuclear reactor at Osirak with airstrikes in 1981.

Scientists have calculated that although contamination from the bunker-busters could be limited, tons of radioactive uranium compounds would be released.

The Israelis believe that Iran’s retaliation would be constrained by fear of a second strike if it were to launch its Shehab-3 ballistic missiles at Israel.

However, American experts warned of repercussions, including widespread protests that could destabilise parts of the Islamic world friendly to the West.

Colonel Sam Gardiner, a Pentagon adviser, said Iran could try to close the Strait of Hormuz, the route for 20% of the world’s oil.

Some sources in Washington said they doubted if Israel would have the nerve to attack Iran. However, Dr Ephraim Sneh, the deputy Israeli defence minister, said last month: “The time is approaching when Israel and the international community will have to decide whether to take military action against Iran.”
Oh Israel, little Israel...

Somehow I am not surprised to read this.

Capo Digi

Superior Member
Dec 17, 2005
Oh well, this world could do with a kick up the arse.

Maybe nukes killing thousands of people will lead to peace , it worked last time...

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="Capo Digi, post: 0]Oh well, this world could do with a kick up the arse.

Maybe nukes killing thousands of people will lead to peace , it worked last time...[/QUOTE]

...and where are we right now? Yeah...

The thing is, Israel wants Iran to stop the nukes, yet they are the ones to use them. The crazy Iran president is right, Israel will disappear out of the map one of these days.

T

Tribunal

[QUOTE="Trinity, post: 0]The crazy Iran president is right, Israel will disappear out of the map one of these days.[/quote]

At this pace every country will.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="Tribunal, post: 0]At this pace every country will.[/QUOTE]

I heard you bud, but nuking someone? 150,000 people died the last time it happened.

And then these people claim God will protect them.

Dec 3, 2006
[QUOTE="Trinity, post: 0]I heard you bud, but nuking someone? 150,000 people died the last time it happened.

And then these people claim God will protect them.[/quote]
And then the other side will use god to justify their actions. It's a vicious cycle. :confused:

I love how Israel says they won't allow Iran to manufacture nuclear weapons, to which Ahmadinejad replies with “Israel must be wiped off the map”.

Carsonal

Elite Sage
Jun 3, 2006
Good god.
This is horrible news.
What a poisonous influence nuclear technology has had on the world.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised...

Israel is far too bold b/c the US is its ally.
They probably think they could get away with it.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Supaman²²³, post: 0]If this happens i can for see every Muslim country in that area declaring war on Israel, and rightly so.[/QUOTE]

yep, it would be the end.

And then Bush would drag us into it... oy
:roll:

May 23, 2005
Nuclear War ???

S**t !!! Everyone start digging holes to hide in . The bombs are gonna fall .

starts singing "Bombs over bagdhad" while digging his hole .

Mikleran

Elite Member
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 0]yep, it would be the end.

And then Bush would drag us into it... oy
:roll:[/QUOTE]

And Putin would drag Russian resources into it to help the Iranians.. oy

roadkill

Superior Member
Jan 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Tribunal, post: 0]So um... this obviously means Iran has recieved news of it.[/QUOTE]

Not really, the locations said to be 'for the chop' are now among the most heavily fortified on the planet. Ahmedinejad has known for quite some time Iran is the biggest target since Vietnam. Iran has steadily been building their army for around 15 years.

The thing about Iran though, Iran is no Iraq. In 2003, the military of Iraq was practically non-existent, and the Country was split in two. Iran on the other hand, has an entire population that has no quarrells about what they'd do if attacked. They also have something at least resembling an army. Approaching 1 million conventional soldiers, and a staggering 8-9 million armed, trained and willing paramilitaries (i've heard it could be even over 10 million). The terrrain of Iran is also different, a lot of mountains etc. Difficult to fight on (unless you're Iranian).

Iran can also disrupt international fuel supplies. Iran controls 20% of the worlds fuel supplies. China, for example, gets a lot of her fuel from Iran. Should Iran get a kick in the nuts, China will start to frown. China has also been expanding her military recently at a rapid rate.

Then theres Russia, supplying Iran with the hardware to protect its Nuclear sites among other military sales.

^^ All this and you haven't even touched on the proposed subject (i.e. Israel nuking Iran). If anything though, it should be noted, Israel attacked Saddams nuclear plant in '81 when nobody thought they would...

the jackle.2

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2006
i hope they they do attack irans nuceluar weapons project.The crackpot of a president has stated he wants israel wiped off the map,so obvisoulesy a nuclear weapon would come in handy.Hopefully they will be able to destroy the project with conventional weapons but if not then then nuke them.

roadkill

Superior Member
Jan 5, 2006
[QUOTE="the jackle.2, post: 0]i hope they they do attack irans nuceluar weapons project.The crackpot of a president has stated he wants israel wiped off the map,so obvisoulesy a nuclear weapon would come in handy.Hopefully they will be able to destroy the project with conventional weapons but if not then then nuke them.[/QUOTE]

The "wiped off the map" comment was a deliberate misquote. Iran are just after nuclear power, Israel just doesn't like any of their neighbours becoming too powerful. As it stands, Iran could in theory become a regional superpower.

And doesn't anyone see the hypocrisy of Israel, who have hundreds of "secretly held" nuclear warheads (in accordance with International Law?) threatening to nuke another Country just because they might get nuclear arms?

the jackle.2

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2006
^^ well i would prefer iran not being a superpower in the middle east,as i belive their first port of call would be iraq(oil) large shia population same as iran,presuming america leaves any time soon.And can u blame isael for not wanting any of their neighbours being too powerfull,the six day war and all,although israel showed them who was in charge then and they would do the same now.

the jackle.2

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2006
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 0]I think we just maybe on the brink of a Nuclear Doomsday...[/quote]

Well as long as it dosent interfere with the european launch of the ps3

Svetlana

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2005
England
Religious lunatics running countries+access to nuclear weapons=a very unsafe world to live in.

I wonder what the world would be like with agnostic or athetist leaders in charge.

roadkill

Superior Member
Jan 5, 2006
[QUOTE="the jackle.2, post: 973496]^^ well i would prefer iran not being a superpower in the middle east,[/quote]

Iran being the superpower of the ME affects the European economy in a positive way.

as i belive their first port of call would be iraq(oil) large shia population same as iran,presuming america leaves any time soon.
??

And can u blame isael for not wanting any of their neighbours being too powerfull,
Well if i took over someones land, bulldozed several thousand homes and left 5,000,000 homeless, i'd probably be keeping an eye on the people i oppressed too.

the six day war and all,although israel showed them who was in charge then and they would do the same now.
Irans military manpower outnumbers Israel at least 6 to 1. Considering the humiliation they suffered last year at the hands of mere Hezbollah, attacking Iran could be about the most stupid thing they could do.

A nuclear (or conventional for that matter) attack on Iran means Iran will hit back by bombing Israeli nuclear reactors, just for starters.

mone

Dedicated Member
Jul 30, 2006
I'm going to be honest. I know Israel is trying to protect themselves in all, but they really need to stop with this overly aggressive attitude that they have. It's like they never look at other options before they do other things, it's always "lets call up the IDF to solve every problem" D:

Of course with Iran continuing its rhetoric, it doesn't help the situation at all. It just gives the Israels more "flamebait" material to get overly aggressive about. This is why I hate that region, not because of the people, but the governments take EVERYTHING out of proportion and cause mayhem because of it.

Of course, we (US) are going to be the idiots to support Israel somehow and get into more trouble with our allies :(

Dec 30, 2006
[QUOTE="roadkill, post: 0]

Iran can also disrupt international fuel supplies. Iran controls 20% of the worlds fuel supplies. China, for example, gets a lot of her fuel from Iran. Should Iran get a kick in the nuts, China will start to frown. China has also been expanding her military recently at a rapid rate. [/quote]

Why Iran even need a nuclear plant if they have enough oil for energy... It's almost certain that Iran would have a nuclear weapon in a couple of years if nobody does anything to stop them.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="sa!ntQ, post: 0]Why Iran even need a nuclear plant if they have enough oil for energy... It's almost certain that Iran would have a nuclear weapon in a couple of years if nobody does anything to stop them.[/quote]

Ok so its right for US and Israel to have Nukes but not Iran?...Personally
I think no country regardless of their reputation should have Nukes but
I just think US should stop talking about Nukes when they themselves have
more than anyone else in this world.

Dec 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 0]Ok so its right for US and Israel to have Nukes but not Iran?...Personally
I think no country regardless of their reputation should have Nukes but
I just think US should stop talking about Nukes when they themselves have
more than anyone else in this world.[/quote]

but not Iran... It's fundamental that a country that is lead by an insane dictator should not have nuclear weapons. So in a way it is good that there are some superpowers in the world who make sure this won't happen(although no superpower managed to stop North-Korea from testing their nuke).

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="sa!ntQ, post: 0]but not Iran... It's fundamental that a country that is lead by an insane dictator should not have nuclear weapons. So in a way it is good that there are some superpowers in the world who make sure this won't happen.[/quote]

Yes I admit as a fact that Iran's leader is really stupid but that does not
make it an excuse to bomb the perfectly sane Iranian Civilians who are just
like me and you.

Talisman

Superior Member
Sep 27, 2006
Considering who's sitting at the helm in Iran, I pray to God they never get any nukes; and I have no doubts whatsoever that Iran wants nukes. They don't "need" the energy. Their energy excuse is a smokescreen, albeit a poor one.

Also, Israel isn't planning on making another Hiroshima. They would utilise low-powered nukes that would detonate underground to contain fallout, which is far more consideration than would be reciprocated. They aren't planning on nuking civilians. They're going after well-fortified underground targets hidden away from the general population.

Israeli military commanders believe conventional strikes may no longer be enough to annihilate increasingly well-defended enrichment facilities. Several have been built beneath at least 70ft of concrete and rock. However, the nuclear-tipped bunker-busters would be used only if a conventional attack was ruled out and if the United States declined to intervene, senior sources said.
I'm amazed at the constraint showed by the Israeli people in the face of these nations who wish to obliterate them.

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
[QUOTE="Trinity, post: 0]...and where are we right now? Yeah...

The thing is, Israel wants Iran to stop the nukes, yet they are the ones to use them. The crazy Iran president is right, Israel will disappear out of the map one of these days.[/quote]

The Jewish people are amazingly resiliant. I don't think you can say something like that without having a proper context of their history. They have been opressed at just about every turn and they are still here. Like for instance, I didn't know this about them until earlier this year, something pretty remarkable to be sure:

When the Jews were scattered worldwide in the first century, they ceased speaking the Hebrew language. The Jews who settled in Europe developed a language called Yiddish (a combination of Hebrew and German). The Jews in the Mediterranean basin mixed Hebrew with Spanish to produce a language called Ladino. Today the Israelis speak Biblical Hebrew. It is the only example in history of the resurrection of a dead language. The man [who helped to] revive the language was Eliezer Ben Yehuda (1858 - 1922).

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="Talisman, post: 0]

Also, Israel isn't planning on making another Hiroshima. They would utilise low-powered nukes that would detonate underground to contain fallout, which is far more consideration than would be reciprocated. They aren't planning on nuking civilians. They're going after well-fortified underground targets hidden away from the general population.[/quote]

That's what they say in a lot of conflicts but there are always "mistakes"
that occur where bombs "accidentally" target civilian areas. I don't know,
I just hate war and I think politicians who use religion as an excuse for
killing and politicians who use wars to pursue their own political agendas
can both we called "political terrorists".

I just hope Canada won't support any of this...but then again with Stephen
Harper trying to suck up to Bush we just might.

Status
Not open for further replies.