It finally happened! (Warhawk)

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
I finally played a match in warhawk that I enjoyed today. Before I got the game I read all the members comments on this forum about how hard it is in the start. Well I didn't know they actually meant it:p

When I first played I just joined the player ranked matches, I didn't really know the difference between the dedicated and officials and all that. And I filtered the search to My Rank thinking that it would then only be players close to my rank. I was wrong...
I got in matches with some of the highest ranked players and I got owned so hard, that sometimes I was affraid that they would jump out of my tv and shoot me. No matter wich map and mode I played I would always get around 20 death and below 10 kills. As soon as I entered a warhawk I would get shot down by atleast 3 people at once before I even found out how to fly forward.

So after about 40 frustrating matches where I would throw my controller through the window multiple times. (And I live on third floor so it was kind of irritating having to walk down all those stairs to get the controller back)
But I thought I would try the official matches instead (They had blue dots, that was cool) And then it happened. Had a good match that I enjoyed.
I must admit I mostly used the rocket turrets and shot down all the ignorant players flying around thinking everything is fine. but I got a positive kill death score. only 9-2 but that's not the point.

So I started to only play the official matches only, but when I wanted to join another match I noticed it said Lv 4 in the match name, and I remembered someone on this forum saying it was best join Lv 1 matches.
So I joined them instead and suddenly it was me owning the other players.
I got in a warhawk and shot down 10 enemy warhawks without dying and I laughed while shooting them down, because they were so incredible bad at flying them that they made me look like a proffesional.

oh well the point of this thread is; The developers should really have added a tutorial to this game, or just telling that the official matches were divided into levels to make it easier for new players. I had no idea that there was those matches, and I really think that it scares a lot of new players away from this game that makes the same mistake as I did.

Nov 26, 2007
LOL. congrats. i've only had a handful of games i felt good about. i too was late getting it and was getting killed ridiculously. i found it hilariously funny b/c i didn't have a hang of the game play at first, but then i got used to controls, learned a few maps, and still proceeded to get ridiculously killed. i usually stayed on the ground. so after 2 weeks, prolly 60hrs of play and still only being lvl3, i ran back to COD4.

Aug 12, 2007
Glad to hear your getting the hang on this game dude. It was a rocky start for me too, and I started playing people in games where the max rank possible was my rank - so everyone was in the same boat really. Now I've kind of got the hang of it, and I've learn't the maps, and I really enjoy playing now :D

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
[QUOTE="sstony, post: 0]LOL. congrats. i've only had a handful of games i felt good about. i too was late getting it and was getting killed ridiculously. i found it hilariously funny b/c i didn't have a hang of the game play at first, but then i got used to controls, learned a few maps, and still proceeded to get ridiculously killed. i usually stayed on the ground. so after 2 weeks, prolly 60hrs of play and still only being lvl3, i ran back to COD4.[/QUOTE]

That's how I felt too, I knew everything about the controls, the weapons and all that. But I would still get shot down as if I were a 3-year old playing Counter Strike.

[QUOTE="Rhysivich1, post: 0]Glad to hear your getting the hang on this game dude. It was a rocky start for me too, and I started playing people in games where the max rank possible was my rank - so everyone was in the same boat really. Now I've kind of got the hang of it, and I've learn't the maps, and I really enjoy playing now :D[/QUOTE]

Now that I've started to play people that are in my rank, I enjoy it too, I'm still irritated that I didn't know about the Levels in the official matches though.

terminator12259

Dedicated Member
Sep 11, 2007
congrats i have had warhawk since launch, and i remember the learning curve was pretty tough, just keeping playing the lv 1 and u should be fine. stick with it and warhawk will become really fun.

you can add me my psn is tacitassassin25

and at fuzzypumpkins dont give up on this game, it really is amazing just keeping trying, stay with the lv 1 games

Jan 16, 2008
i still haven't figured out how to play level 1 matches, i think i tried once and couldn't figure it out or something. i am TERRIBLE at this game. I think i might try again tonight tho. This post has given me new hope =)

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Redman_DK, post: 0]I finally played a match in warhawk that I enjoyed today. Before I got the game I read all the members comments on this forum about how hard it is in the start. Well I didn't know they actually meant it:p

When I first played I just joined the player ranked matches, I didn't really know the difference between the dedicated and officials and all that. And I filtered the search to My Rank thinking that it would then only be players close to my rank. I was wrong...
I got in matches with some of the highest ranked players and I got owned so hard, that sometimes I was affraid that they would jump out of my tv and shoot me. No matter wich map and mode I played I would always get around 20 death and below 10 kills. As soon as I entered a warhawk I would get shot down by atleast 3 people at once before I even found out how to fly forward.

So after about 40 frustrating matches where I would throw my controller through the window multiple times. (And I live on third floor so it was kind of irritating having to walk down all those stairs to get the controller back)
But I thought I would try the official matches instead (They had blue dots, that was cool) And then it happened. Had a good match that I enjoyed.
I must admit I mostly used the rocket turrets and shot down all the ignorant players flying around thinking everything is fine. but I got a positive kill death score. only 9-2 but that's not the point.

So I started to only play the official matches only, but when I wanted to join another match I noticed it said Lv 4 in the match name, and I remembered someone on this forum saying it was best join Lv 1 matches.
So I joined them instead and suddenly it was me owning the other players.
I got in a warhawk and shot down 10 enemy warhawks without dying and I laughed while shooting them down, because they were so incredible bad at flying them that they made me look like a proffesional.

oh well the point of this thread is; The developers should really have added a tutorial to this game, or just telling that the official matches were divided into levels to make it easier for new players. I had no idea that there was those matches, and I really think that it scares a lot of new players away from this game that makes the same mistake as I did.[/quote]
You do know that you can just setup a LAN game on your own and practice flying,shooting ect.

NYFAN75

Elite Guru
Dec 10, 2005
NC
[QUOTE="Redman_DK, post: 0]So after about 40 frustrating matches where I would throw my controller through the window multiple times. (And I live on third floor so it was kind of irritating having to walk down all those stairs to get the controller back) [/quote]

Well who said that the Wii was the only thing that got you up and excercising :lol:. Yeah I still suck as well.. I blame my TV LOL.. It is a 20" sd that I can barely see anything on and all. Also lack of knowledge about what server's are what. Can someone please tell me what the red yello and green dot's that are on the side of the server list??

outlander2346

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2007
[QUOTE="thaiguy333, post: 0]i still haven't figured out how to play level 1 matches, i think i tried once and couldn't figure it out or something. i am TERRIBLE at this game. I think i might try again tonight tho. This post has given me new hope =)[/quote]

? I dont know what is there to figure out? In the beginning its the best thing to stay in Lv 1 servers as long as your low rank allows it. Lv 1 servers are the blue servers with (Lvl1). Thats it.

I am pretty good WH player.Second Lieutenant. Close to 200 hours of playing with 1.29 KDR and 1.45 win/loss ratio. I always play for the win. I hate people who play their own game and just keeping their KDR high.

I hate when I am not at my top game but I still manage to be a top player in Lv4 servers sometimes. I am good but I am not that good. I want some real action. My brother always bumps into top WH players but I seem to avoid them. Tough "luck".

desertrat

Apprentice
Nov 18, 2005
[QUOTE="NYFAN, post: 0]Well who said that the Wii was the only thing that got you up and excercising :lol:. Yeah I still suck as well.. I blame my TV LOL.. It is a 20" sd that I can barely see anything on and all. Also lack of knowledge about what server's are what. Can someone please tell me what the red yello and green dot's that are on the side of the server list??[/QUOTE]

I believe the green are all the games you can get into. The red are locked out to you - they are the maps using the dropship, no upgrade no play, and the yellow are private matches that you need a password to get into.

P209

Master Poster
Jun 19, 2006
if you guys need help with Warhawk I'll help out just add me on PSN and I'll see what I can do to help.

I'll set up a few training death matches then of course i'll offer you a spot in my clan :)

NYFAN75

Elite Guru
Dec 10, 2005
NC
[QUOTE="P209, post: 0]if you guys need help with Warhawk I'll help out just add me on PSN and I'll see what I can do to help.

I'll set up a few training death matches then of course i'll offer you a spot in my clan :)[/quote]

Hey I will take you up on it... With you only being an hour ahead of me it kinda works' out depending on the kid issue LOL. But I am alway's up for a little help though.. I'll send you and friend request and then you can check out my stat's and see where I could use the help...

Riskz

Superior Member
Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Redman_DK, post: 0]
I must admit I mostly used the rocket turrets and shot down all the ignorant players flying around thinking everything is fine. [/quote]

I... detest... you... people. Players that just stick to the turrets are the players that make me want to punch my TV :evil:.

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
And you probably also detest the people that only snipe, the people that always uses a warhawk, the people that only uses the tanks etc...

You generally just detest people right?

But I don't use the turrets that much, in that match it was just because the sky was filled with enemy warhawks , there were none from my team using warhawks seeing how they would get shot down as soon as they entered one.

Riskz

Superior Member
Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Redman_DK, post: 0]And you probably also detest the people that only snipe, the people that always uses a warhawk, the people that only uses the tanks etc...

You generally just detest people right?

But I don't use the turrets that much, in that match it was just because the sky was filled with enemy warhawks , there were none from my team using warhawks seeing how they would get shot down as soon as they entered one.[/quote]

To be honest the only players I detest are those that use turrets, and possibly those that only get kills by using mines, mines are there to be used, fine, but I hate the people that just hang around their spawn point just to get more...
And fair enough if you don't use the turret much, I just don't like them fools that repeatedly get killed while using a turret, but insist on getting back in one to try and get just one kill...

:cool:

Tribunal

Forum Sage
Dec 10, 2005
You should have seen me when I first started.

Shoot, I thought the red guys were always your enemy so for the first couple of games I was trying to shoot down my team mates.

"****! Why can't I lock on! AARGH! *Throws controller*"

Jan 15, 2007
I got Warhawk at launch but when the ******s dropped my rank back to Sergeant and did nothing to stop those ******* TK that was it for me.

UnReaL

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="EncoreEncore, post: 0]I got Warhawk at launch but when the ******s dropped my rank back to Sergeant and did nothing to stop those ******* TK that was it for me.[/quote]

Don't understand why your mad at the rank drop? At the start the ranks never matched the point scale and the badges that were needed to level up. With few hours of play I would rank up 3 spots, and the next thing I new I was a freakin General. I'm glad they fixed it to match the appropriate rank. This allowed me to finally get some games in with friends.

As for the Team Kill. Yeah I kinda agree with you. It was bad at the beginning, but they sorta fixed it. Its harder to kill your teammates. It takes more grenades and such to kill your team. I used to be afraid to launch a tow missle at enemies when there were teammates around, but now I can launch one, and not see any of my team get killed.

So far Incog. has fixed most of the issues. Although I would like to see a LOBBY CHAT SYSTEM!!! Why this hasn't been implemented yet annoys me.

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
[QUOTE="Riskz, post: 0]To be honest the only players I detest are those that use turrets, and possibly those that only get kills by using mines, mines are there to be used, fine, but I hate the people that just hang around their spawn point just to get more...
And fair enough if you don't use the turret much, I just don't like them fools that repeatedly get killed while using a turret, but insist on getting back in one to try and get just one kill...

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Those are the only people that irritates me in the game too. I see a lot of players that just takes a rocket turret and then sits at it through the whole match, and as you say they will keep coming back to it so shooting them wont help at all.
The mines I really hate, not just in Warhawk but in all games. I can never see the enemies mines, everytime I'm in a tank or jeep and explodes without any enemy in sight I'm just guessing it was a mine.
But the airmines are even worse, you can't see the difference between your teams and enemies mines, so you have to fly 10 meters away everytime you see one.

[QUOTE="Tribunal, post: 0]You should have seen me when I first started.

Shoot, I thought the red guys were always your enemy so for the first couple of games I was trying to shoot down my team mates.

"****! Why can't I lock on! AARGH! *Throws controller*"[/QUOTE]

Lol I did the same thing. In the first match I played I was on the blue team so it was the red players I had to kill. But then in the second match I changed to red team wich... Well made some of my teammates angry at me, after I shot them:p

noethix

Superior Member
Oct 15, 2007
I adore Warhawk, always play it, feel free to add me. I'm always up for a beat down!

Mine whores should die, there should be a limit to how many you can use to avoid the lamos that hog these and ALWAYS place them on every possible vehicle. Desperate fools.

Aug 12, 2007
[QUOTE="UnReaL, post: 0]Don't understand why your mad at the rank drop? At the start the ranks never matched the point scale and the badges that were needed to level up. With few hours of play I would rank up 3 spots, and the next thing I new I was a freakin General. I'm glad they fixed it to match the appropriate rank. This allowed me to finally get some games in with friends.

As for the Team Kill. Yeah I kinda agree with you. It was bad at the beginning, but they sorta fixed it. Its harder to kill your teammates. It takes more grenades and such to kill your team. I used to be afraid to launch a tow missle at enemies when there were teammates around, but now I can launch one, and not see any of my team get killed.

So far Incog. has fixed most of the issues. Although I would like to see a LOBBY CHAT SYSTEM!!! Why this hasn't been implemented yet annoys me.[/quote]

They've done a pretty good job of sorting out all the bugs/issues like you've stated - but they've also been working hard on new content. The wrench which allows you to repair vehicles sounds very promising - as do the forcefields. Heres hoping it doesn't cost too much, Omega Dawn was fairly cheap, so this should be too.

What I would also like to see is a new game mode. Me not really being the inventive kind, doesn't have a clue at what could be implemented. Possibly a vehicle capture game. Where there is one motorbike (or something else, *points to uninventive like tendencies*) and both teams have to try and capture it. Just an idea, but something new would be great.

UnReaL

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
Wasn't there a rumor that the new pack will be free? I paid for the Omega Dawn pack, and its great but wish it was cheaper. So if the new pack does have a price, hope its cheaper...say $4.99 or something?

I also hope for a new game mode. Mine goes like this:
Think Zones to another level
1) Each team starts off with the same amount of territory (map split in half).
--a) you can spawn anywhere that is your territory at the start as well.
2) The goal is to capture the entire map (including home).
3) The more territory you capture the more weapons and vehicles you get.
--a) Only start with jeeps, and pistol.
4) Ofcourse the Home base would be the hardest to capture. Can't capture it until you control all other zones.

Thats just one of my ideas. Maybe I'll send it to my freind and he'll forward it to Incog.

Oct 25, 2007
the new content i know for a fact is going to be free because i read updates bout the new content and they said that it was going to be free, included in the new patch when it's released, no release date was said yet :(

outlander2346

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2007
[QUOTE="UnReaL, post: 0]Wasn't there a rumor that the new pack will be free? I paid for the Omega Dawn pack, and its great but wish it was cheaper. So if the new pack does have a price, hope its cheaper...say $4.99 or something?

I also hope for a new game mode. Mine goes like this:
Think Zones to another level
1) Each team starts off with the same amount of territory (map split in half).
--a) you can spawn anywhere that is your territory at the start as well.
2) The goal is to capture the entire map (including home).
3) The more territory you capture the more weapons and vehicles you get.
--a) Only start with jeeps, and pistol.
4) Ofcourse the Home base would be the hardest to capture. Can't capture it until you control all other zones.

Thats just one of my ideas. Maybe I'll send it to my freind and he'll forward it to Incog.[/quote]

Hey man that would be a good gameplay mode. I would change just one thing. 1)a) I would make this random with no choice because there would be times when no one spawns in some of the bases and then the enemy would easily take them.

Pretty good ideas here. I would play this mode.