It's OFFICIAL!! Devil May Cry 4 to be released on 360!

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
 Capcom Co., Ltd., a world-wide leader in the gaming industry, is proud to announce the development of "Devil May Cry 4" for the PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360™ and PC platforms.

"Devil May Cry" is a series of popular, stylish action games, with a cast of unforgettable characters. Since the release of the original "Devil May Cry" in 2001, the series has shipped 6,800,000 copies as of December 31st, 2006, proudly making it one of Capcom's flagship titles. The series appeal is not limited to games; an animated TV series to be broadcast on Japan's WOWOW network is slated to air Spring 2007. The latest iteration, "Devil May Cry 4" will take advantage of each platform's hardware strengths to achieve the most stunning visuals in the series to date, and the introduction of a mysterious new protagonist will keep the action fast and fresh. Even before its release, "Devil May Cry 4" has been met with tremendous anticipation, as fans patiently endured long lines at TOKYO GAME SHOW 2006 for the chance to play the demo. "Devil May Cry 4" will be released simultaneously for the PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360™ platforms.

Capcom was among the first software developers in the world to make games for the next-generation consoles, and those efforts have been met with great success. In addition, Capcom's use of an integrated development environment is one of the many methods being employed to improve efficiency and help take advantage of the cutting-edge functionality in next-generation systems.

Capcom will continue to produce titles that appeal to users while pursuing a multiplatform strategy to help enhance profits.
http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html

You heard it here first! Another major blow to Sony. Their list of exclusive titles has dwindled down to almost nothing. How long will it be until we start hearing PS3 fans shrug this news off and saying "Meh! The series sucked anyway!" :lol:

Great news for all the 360 owners out there! Yet another reason to go out and buy a 360! :wink:

Can't believe nobody else found this already.

EDIT:

Apparently, this post is considered "FlameBait" by the mod's and I've been given an infraction for it. Don't know exactly what it is I said that wasn't true, but hey, I'm not the one who makes the rules. I'd apologize if I knew what it was that I said which was wrong but since I don't, I wont. Oh well, life goes on....

For the record, it was the gloating and calling out of PS3 fans which earned you the warning, and you've been here since 2005, so don't give us the BS "I don't know what I did wrong" answer.

-Jordan

Sep 2, 2006
[QUOTE="LT1FUN, post: 0]http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html

Another major blow to Sony. Their list of exclusives is dwindling down to nothing. How long will it be until we start hearing PS3 fans shrug this news off and saying "Meh! The series sucked anyway!" :lol:[/quote]

HOLY ****!!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!!!! I TOLD THAT CLERK IN EB TODAY THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!

J_bone

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2007
yeah watch it is going to be devil may cry 2 rerelease on the x360. but i don't understand why it is such an achievement for x360 fans to have a game become a multiplatformer. that is pretty sad. besides the only good dmc to me was 1, the second one to easy, the 3rd one WAY to hard.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
I think I've gotten Carpal tunnel from reporting you so much over the months.. I'll send Rebon and Morph the medical bill. Keep dancing on your epitaph Sony Grave LT1, it's always fun to watch.

Aug 26, 2005
LT1Fun said:
How long will it be until we start hearing PS3 fans shrug it off and say "Meh! The series sucked anyway!"
Yo, you got to stop generalizing man. What happened to you? I use to like your posts.

In any case, kind of saw this coming...Capcom has been buddies with MS for a while now...what've they developed...3-4 360 only games? And then 1 PS3 exclusive they've decided will go multi-platform?

Carbuncle

Apprentice
Feb 7, 2007
Wow never saw this comming, does this meen PS3 gets lost planet? Are they goning to turn all their games multiplat now.

Scotracer

Master Poster
Sep 8, 2006
Well I never...

So, that leaves MGS, FF, GT and F1 as the PS3's big remaining exclusives. Right, that's plenty of incentive to buy my PS3 (that I got the call on 1 hour ago letting me know I was guaranteed one) on Friday.

Damn :(

Good news for Xbox 360-only users, though.

Stewie Skywalker

A God Amongst Men
Sep 4, 2005
NYC
romanmfrance.com
LOL Capcom and Sony don't seem to be getting their groove on at all. Sony needs to stop pulling an Nintendo with all this first party stuff and realize that some of the things that helped PS1 and PS2 were good third party exclusives. Anyway anyone who didn't see this coming is as blind as a bat.

A

Aleman

Capcom said:
Devil May Cry 4" will be released simultaneously for the PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360™ platforms.
I would have guessed PS3 would have gotten at least a timed exclusive.

That was unnecessary and you know that. = Uncool

J_bone

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2007
[QUOTE="Scotracer, post: 0]Well I never...

So, that leaves MGS, FF, GT and F1 as the PS3's big remaining exclusives. Right, that's plenty of incentive to buy my PS3 (that I got the call on 1 hour ago letting me know I was guaranteed one) on Friday.

Damn :(

Good news for Xbox 360-only users, though.[/quote]
exactly! it is sad that diehard x360 fans can only brag about multiplatform games. and besides i believe sony got bioshock an origional x360 exclusive.

Kaako

Believe in me!
May 31, 2006
[QUOTE="LT1FUN, post: 0]http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070320.html

You heard it here first! Another major blow to Sony. Their list of exclusive titles has dwindled down to almost nothing. How long will it be until we start hearing PS3 fans shrug this news off and saying "Meh! The series sucked anyway!" :lol:

Great news for all the 360 owners out there! Yet another reason to go out and buy a 360! :wink:

Can't believe nobody else found this already
.[/QUOTE]

You n00b...all you had to do was use the search button ;)
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=63788

Great news for 360 owners...****ed up news for Sony
This thread should get locked down in 5..4...3...2...1!

bluvi69

Master Poster
Oct 6, 2005
major blows for PS3 fans, but awesome news for X360 users,

wow this is too good to be true, more people will jump in with this news.

Devil May Cry 4" will be released simultaneously for the PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360™ platforms.
so from now on PS3 and X360 user can share DMC4 news

Nov 5, 2005
www.greenepa.net
No matter what at least Resident Evil 5 still stay Exclusive on PS3 in Japan at the moment. As far it goes, if you ready their Capcom official press they are pursing multiplatfrom games, which that gives a hint Lost Planet should be on PS3 eventually.

A

Aeryal

Aww, when I start thinking of buying a PS3 for it's media capabilities (Blu-Ray + Linux + Watching ripped DvD's on external hard-drive) and for it's exclusive games, these things start happening.

LT1FUN

Superior Member
Dec 31, 2005
www.cardomain.com
[QUOTE="Perfect Sin, post: 0]Yo, you got to stop generalizing man. What happened to you? I use to like your posts.

In any case, kind of saw this coming...Capcom has been buddies with MS for a while now...what've they developed...3-4 360 only games? And then 1 PS3 exclusive they've decided will go multi-platform?[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I'm not "generalizing" anything. You know as well as I that it's almost "common practice" amongst the most hard-core of Sony fans to shrug off any series that goes multi-platform which was originally a 'playstation exclusive. It's almost like a company policy in order to try and save face!

I see no harm in pointing that out! It's all in good fun. Relax. J/K :lol:

I do admit though, after reading probably hundred's of posts in the past from members swearing this title would NEVER be released on any other console other than a Playstation, seeing this news made me laugh out loud.

I couldn't help but remember all the posts I've read on this forum by DMC fans, proudly thumping their chests boasting that this series would be a PS exclusive forever. So sure what they're saying was correct, that they'd always speak in "absolutes"

example:

- "You'll NEVER see this game on a ...."

- "Impossible! It won't happen ...!!!"

- "When Hell freezes over..."

- "Don't be an idiot, Capcom would never ... "

- "Dumb xbot! keep dreamin ...."

- "360 isn't powerful enough to ..."

Then it turns out they were wrong all along. Sorry, but I get a kick out of that. Is that wrong of me ? :lol:

Back on topic, it should be interesting to see how each version differs. Particularly between the 360 and th PS3. I think it's pretty obvious that the PC version will probably end up looking the best, (so long as you get the latest graphic's card of coarse, but between the two console versions, that's anyone's guess. This is going to be interesting. :)

ryumo

Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2006
[QUOTE="J_bone, post: 0]exactly! it is sad that diehard x360 fans can only brag about multiplatform games. and besides i believe sony got bioshock an origional x360 exclusive.[/QUOTE]LOL @ you complaining about people thinking its a big deal that 360 got a PS3 "exclusive" but then mentioning Bioshock going to PS3.

Hypocrisy much?

Stewie Skywalker

A God Amongst Men
Sep 4, 2005
NYC
romanmfrance.com
[QUOTE="Aeryal, post: 0]Aww, when I start thinking of buying a PS3 for it's media capabilities (Blu-Ray + Linux + Watching ripped DvD's on external hard-drive) and for it's exclusive games, these things start happening.[/quote]

It still has great exclusive titles SONY knew they weren't going to have these third party titles because their console is so damn pricey so they started making other titles. Trust me there will be damn good exclusives for the console.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
This is actually a surprise to me, wonder if the other capcom games will also go to the ps3.I'll be getting this for the x360 i guess, wonder what will be the achievements.Wonder why did they say DMC 4 is only possible on the ps3.(depends on how will the both versions look)

bluvi69

Master Poster
Oct 6, 2005
[QUOTE="kudoshinchi, post: 0]No matter what at least Resident Evil 5 still stay Exclusive on PS3 in Japan at the moment. As far it goes, if you ready their Capcom official press they are pursing multiplatfrom games, which that gives a hint Lost Planet should be on PS3 eventually.[/quote]

RE5 is never going exclusive on the first place, but previously DMC4 is exclusive for PS3 only.

so this is a very good news for x360 user

J_bone

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2007
well at least tell me ps3 still has unreal chamionship. when my ma made me sell my x360 i was out of the loop and now that i am buying a ps3 i gotta catch up

A

Aeryal

[QUOTE="Stewie Skywalker, post: 0]It still has great exclusive titles SONY knew they weren't going to have these third party titles because their console is so damn pricey so they started making other titles. Trust me there will be damn good exclusives for the console.[/QUOTE]

Chances are, I'll get a PS3 anyway for Blu-Ray. I'm not risking it going HD-DVD. Currently my roomate owns a 360 and I'll be living with him for 2 more years.

A

Aeryal

[QUOTE="J_bone, post: 0]well at least tell me ps3 still has unreal chamionship. when my ma made me sell my x360 i was out of the loop and now that i am buying a ps3 i gotta catch up[/QUOTE]

Unreal championship is also multiplatform. So is Resident Evil 5.

edit: sry double post

Stewie Skywalker

A God Amongst Men
Sep 4, 2005
NYC
romanmfrance.com
PS3 doesn't have Unreal either, it has some exclusive features but game isn't exclusive. To Aeryal yeah it's a great Blu-Ray device good decision over HD-DVD that format should be dead in no time. There were rumors RE5 was exclusive for PS3 in Japan a while back but who knows that might go 360 only LOLOL.

Sep 2, 2006
[QUOTE="Stewie Skywalker, post: 0]PS3 doesn't have Unreal either, it has some exclusive features but game isn't exclusive. To Aeryal yeah it's a great Blu-Ray device good decision over HD-DVD that format should be dead in no time. There were rumors RE5 was exclusive for PS3 in Japan a while back but who knows that might go 360 only LOLOL.[/quote]

PS3 has UT 3 man. Its just that mods haven't been confirmed for it yet. Mods are going to be on the PC and 360 version.