Japan Hardware Sale (2/14 – 2/20)

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
The usual suspect at the same spot. 3DS is coming out tomorrow right ? Then we can expect 3DS at number one for a long while, that's why DS sales are below average... and did the PSP Go outsell the 360 in Japan ? :lol:

Really, Microsoft have no chance in Japan.

May 20, 2007
They must have shipped a few more units of the PSP Go?

Also, why did they even bother developing Catherine for the 360? 140k vs 21k. I don't think 360 owners are going to be gobbling up that title in the West vs. PS3 owners either.

Wii is definitely dying out there.

Sieghardt

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
Aug 19, 2008
[QUOTE="Kauldron, post: 5449010]Wow, the WII is lowballing it. What's going on?

Is the 3DS stealing it's thunder?[/QUOTE]

There's just nothing coming out for it and precious little that isnt also on ps3, last story utterly bombed even. Selling even less than Mistwalkers 360 games which is crazy

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="FinalEvangelion, post: 5449120]Also, why did they even bother developing Catherine for the 360? 140k vs 21k. I don't think 360 owners are going to be gobbling up that title in the West vs. PS3 owners either.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same for any JRPG, like End of Eternity.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
I can't believe that PSP Go actually beat DS Lite, no matter how attractive it is over the Lite, it's unbelievable. How did the Go even sell more than a thousand, HOW THE ****.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 5450304]I can't believe that PSP Go actually beat DS Lite, no matter how attractive it is over the Lite, it's unbelievable. How did the Go even sell more than a thousand, HOW THE ****.[/QUOTE]

Probably because more PSP backlog is going on the store. Japan loves PSP and probably wants the go but wont because of the limited games on PSN.

Personally, even if all games were on the store, I'd still rather have a 3000 for the bigger screen. If the go had the same screen size it'd be the other way around.

Wasib

Super Elite
Feb 2, 2007
It is really interesting to see those DS sales fall off because it indicates price is not that much of a factor...for instance the 3DS is not cheap at 25 000 YEN which is a lot more than the regular DS line. People it seems are not put off by that and are waiting it out. Also the DSi XL should be aimed at a different crowd than the 3DS and yet its sales are also suffering. Interesting how things work out.

Also not really impressed with those PS3 sales. Console gaming really is dead in Japan. Such a shame. I wonder what it will take to re-vitalize it?

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5450622]Probably because more PSP backlog is going on the store. Japan loves PSP and probably wants the go but wont because of the limited games on PSN.

Personally, even if all games were on the store, I'd still rather have a 3000 for the bigger screen. If the go had the same screen size it'd be the other way around.[/QUOTE]
Good point, didn't know about the backlog.
[QUOTE="Wasib, post: 5452323]It is really interesting to see those DS sales fall off because it indicates price is not that much of a factor...for instance the 3DS is not cheap at 25 000 YEN which is a lot more than the regular DS line. People it seems are not put off by that and are waiting it out. Also the DSi XL should be aimed at a different crowd than the 3DS and yet its sales are also suffering. Interesting how things work out.

Also not really impressed with those PS3 sales. Console gaming really is dead in Japan. Such a shame. I wonder what it will take to re-vitalize it?[/QUOTE]
Price has never been an issue about anything,..well, unless it's $599, heh.

But then Wii cost more than $400 for a lot of people during launch months. 3DS just sounds attractive to a lot of people it seems.