PSP - 71,885
DSi - 68,184
DSi LL - 58,006
DS Lite - 11,376
Xbox 360 - 10,646
PSP go - 3,077
PS2 - 2,463
[Source: Media Create]

Modern Warfare 2 is actually number 3 in software sales for that period, selling over 91K. Since when were the japanese into first person shooters?

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Sieghardt, post: 0]since when have there been a group of people who buy ANYTHING that says square enix on the box? :lol:[/quote]

Ohh! HAHAHA I completely forgot about that!

Bio

Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Battlefield
[QUOTE="honduran, post: 0]FF13 sold 1,516,532 on launch week.
PS3 HW = 245,406
(Enterbrain/Famitsu)[/quote]

Wrong week. Save that for the next weekly sales chart.

Dec 26, 2008
[QUOTE="Bio, post: 0]Wrong week. Save that for the next weekly sales chart.[/quote]

sorry, i didn't know that wasn't allowed

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="Staticneuron, post: 0]

Modern Warfare 2 is actually number 3 in software sales for that period, selling over 91K. Since when were the japanese into first person shooters?[/quote]

Edit some footage to make it look like an RPG superimpose Square Enix logo on the screen and BAM!

Money rolls in.

Ryunosuke

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2005
Oklahoma
[QUOTE="honduran, post: 0]sorry, i didn't know that wasn't allowed[/quote]

They are allowed and nothing wrong with posting them(happens with just about every one of these), think he just meant that they are from the week of 12/07 - 12/13.

Bio

Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Battlefield
[QUOTE="honduran, post: 0]sorry, i didn't know that wasn't allowed[/quote]

Ah...don't worry about it. You didn't violate any forum rules or anything like that (to my knowledge).

Nothing wrong with posting them, really. It's just that those sales numbers you posted are for the week of December 17th (FF XIII's week of release), so they factor into the next weekly sales, not the current ones being discussed in this thread that are for the week before that (12/07 - 12/13).

I just pointed it out so people browsing this thread don't get confused.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
Well actually 360 is down 2k or so from last year at this time for the week, down for the month by a fair amount. PS3 is up 40k or so for the week, and will be way up for the month compared to last time at this year. PS3 has doubled what it did last year at this time for December. PS3 was doing poorly last year at this time though, so they better be up by now.

But my guess is Sony closes the gap even more by about 400k just in the next few weeks alone world wide just because of FF13 in Japan.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="smiggy, post: 0]Edit some footage to make it look like an RPG superimpose Square Enix logo on the screen and BAM!

Money rolls in.[/quote]

Considering the visual feedback MW2 gives you when you kill people online(onscreen xp), it shouldn't be too hard.

Baki

Master Guru
Nov 13, 2007
Media Create[/URL]]

Modern Warfare 2 is actually number 3 in software sales for that period, selling over 91K. Since when were the japanese into first person shooters?
I think the Xbox 360 in Japan has nurtured a small subset of Western Gaming preffering Japanese gamers.

Mar 11, 2006
The OP is kind of late considering there is going to be a Japan sales 12/13 to 12/21 any moment now with Famitsu leak of 1.5 milliion FFXIII in less than one week and at lease 240,000 PS3 sales for the week.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Bligmerk, post: 0]The OP is kind of late considering there is going to be a Japan sales 12/13 to 12/21 any moment now with Famitsu leak of 1.5 milliion FFXIII in less than one week and at lease 240,000 PS3 sales for the week.[/quote]

Just wanted to make sure there was not a gap since I noticed it wasn't posted already. I think MC sales should be posted more often.

Mar 11, 2006
[QUOTE="Staticneuron, post: 0]Just wanted to make sure there was not a gap since I noticed it wasn't posted already. I think MC sales should be posted more often.[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that. It is kind of interesting (well, not really) when the PS3 sales slowed down after the initial Slim introduction, then the Japan sales were being *fanatically* reported. Now, the PS3 sales start picking up, and funny, there isn't as much *fanaticism* about getting the report out.

I find it interesting (well, not really) how low key the coverage of the the Final Fantasy XIII launch week has been in the western game websites. Interesting, hmmmm, .... not really.

Bio

Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Battlefield
[QUOTE="Bligmerk, post: 0]Yeah, I noticed that. It is kind of interesting (well, not really) when the PS3 sales slowed down after the initial Slim introduction, then the Japan sales were being *fanatically* reported. Now, the PS3 sales start picking up, and funny, there isn't as much *fanaticism* about getting the report out.

I find it interesting (well, not really) how low key the coverage of the the Final Fantasy XIII launch week has been in the western game websites. Interesting, hmmmm, .... not really.[/quote]

lol a lot of "not really"s in there.

That is interesting, though. I'm guessing the buzz is a little bit modest because the game isn't out in the West yet. Perhaps some of these sites are concerned only western releases?

Solider23

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
Guys what i want to know is, the FFXIII week didn't track software or hardware for bundles? Why because that's some 200,000 potential number they don't track, so say the media Create is 4 million or so now for PS3, it's actually 4.5 million? We can't actually go by media create for lifetime sales then? Do we have to rely on Sony's fiscal forecast on yearly sales and lifetime sales? What about NPD in the u.s, how come they don't track walmart sales, isn't it not accurate to look at the sales from even the official trackers like NPD and Media Create? What about PS2, it's sold say 140 million but really it's something like 155 million?

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Solider23, post: 0]Guys what i want to know is, the FFXIII week didn't track software or hardware for bundles? Why because that's some 200,000 potential number they don't track, so say the media Create is 4 million or so now for PS3, it's actually 4.5 million? We can't actually go by media create for lifetime sales then? Do we have to rely on Sony's fiscal forecast on yearly sales and lifetime sales? What about NPD in the u.s, how come they don't track walmart sales, isn't it not accurate to look at the sales from even the official trackers like NPD and Media Create? What about PS2, it's sold say 140 million but really it's something like 155 million?[/quote]

What are you talking about?

MC numbers for the FFXIII week hasn't been released yet. Considering someone was corrected for that same mistake in the first 6 posts, I didn't imagine I would see this issue again.

MC tracks bundles, it is NPD that doesn't track bundles IIRC.

Solider23

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
^Ok i stand corrected but i'm sure i heard that there were 1.8 million copies of F13 shipped and another 200k of bundles and somewhere it said something about either SQ-Enix or Sony or MC not tracking the bundles. And about NPD, why don't they track? I'm sure during the MGS4 month, they had tons of bundles, are they invisible to NPD? If so there's a problem.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Solider23, post: 0]^Ok i stand corrected but i'm sure i heard that there were 1.8 million copies of F13 shipped and another 200k of bundles and somewhere it said something about either SQ-Enix or Sony or MC not tracking the bundles. And about NPD, why don't they track? I'm sure during the MGS4 month, they had tons of bundles, are they invisible to NPD? If so there's a problem.[/quote]

To be perfectly honest with you..... I have no idea. NPD numbers are always a tough thing to pin down specifics. I am just going to leave it up to the fact that NA is such a large and varied market... that maybe they have their hands full tracking the sources they currently do.

Mar 11, 2006
[QUOTE="Bio, post: 0]
That is interesting, though. I'm guessing the buzz is a little bit modest because the game isn't out in the West yet. Perhaps some of these sites are concerned only western releases?[/quote]

This could be a possibility, except it isn't supported by history. Remember Blue Dragon? It opened to only Japan sales, took 4th place for the week by selling only 80,000 copies and almost every so-called gaming website was trumpeting the "new era" for the 360 in Japan. There are literally *hundreds* of these but here is just one to take you back down memory lane (and remember, FFXIII selling over 1.5 million in less than one week is getting hardly a peep. Interesting...well, not really):
Blue Dragon causes Xbox 360 sales to surge in Japan
December 18, 2006

In the week that Blue Dragon was released 80,348 copies of the game were sold and Mistwalker’s flagship title became the number four selling game of the week. While the sales numbers pale in comparison to the latest PS2 Mobile Suit Gundam game (it sold 337,559 copies in its first week), Blue Dragon is getting Japanese gamers to pick up Xbox 360s. The week before Blue Dragon came out only 4,053 Xbox 360s were sold in Japan. After Blue Dragon’s release 35,343 Xbox 360s were sold. That’s nearly an eight fold increase in the amount of Xbox 360s sold in Japan. In the wake of the PS3 and Wii launch the Xbox 360 is finally starting to perform well in Japan. Let’s see if Lost Planet can continue this trend when it is released this week.
http://www.siliconera.com/2006/12/18/blue-dragon-causes-xbox-360-sales-to-surge-in-japan/