Just beat Resident Evil 5.

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
Aaaaand I have to say it is an absolutely amazing game. The graphics were phenomenal, the gameplay was awesome, and the storyline cleared up a lot of questions I had.

I give this game a 9.5/10. Definitely a game of the year for sure.

Einz

Elite Member
May 25, 2005
NYC
[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 4059626]Aaaaand I have to say it is an absolutely amazing game. The graphics were phenomenal, the gameplay was awesome, and the storyline cleared up a lot of questions I had.

I give this game a 9.5/10. Definitely a game of the year for sure.[/quote]

I on the other hand thought that it wasn't like Resident Evil at all but more like GearsofMatrix evil... Resi 4 pushed the game into a new direction, but Resi 5 was just a cop out.... sure you finally beat Wesker... but the game left me Meh, especially because they forced a partner onto you... Resident Evil has always been about solitude... gameplay wise I'm not complaining, just the direction they took with RE5... I would rate it a 7.5/10

One-Shot

Master Guru
Aug 5, 2007
Georgia
[QUOTE="Einz, post: 0]I on the other hand thought that it wasn't like Resident Evil at all but more like GearsofMatrix evil... Resi 4 pushed the game into a new direction, but Resi 5 was just a cop out.... sure you finally beat Wesker... but the game left me Meh, especially because they forced a partner onto you... Resident Evil has always been about solitude... gameplay wise I'm not complaining, just the direction they took with RE5... I would rate it a 7.5/10[/quote]
I don't see why someone would give it a lower score because they went further in the direction re4 set. I say base the score on how well they did in that direction, which I think they did great. I am in my second playthrough and loving it still.

Sep 10, 2005
Wow...it depends on the personal preference i guess.I find it extremely boring atm,and im literally forcing myself to finish it....

ash_c64

Apprentice
Dec 23, 2007
Played all resident evils games and this one might not be like the others but its still a great game, still enjoying it.

Einz

Elite Member
May 25, 2005
NYC
[QUOTE="One-Shot, post: 0]I don't see why someone would give it a lower score because they went further in the direction re4 set. I say base the score on how well they did in that direction, which I think they did great. I am in my second playthrough and loving it still.[/quote]
I said gameplay wise its great... but story wise its ok... wasn't that into it.. esp. that last Volcano battle... Chris manages to punch a 1 ton boulder but cant beat Wesker.... seriously...
Plus I hated the Buddy system Sheva is annoying.

KingJordan

The Marvelous One
Apr 12, 2006
Oxford, MS
[QUOTE="arfi-gorgona-O, post: 0]Wow...it depends on the personal preference i guess.I find it extremely boring atm,and im literally forcing myself to finish it....[/quote]

I had to force myself to finish chapter 6. It started feeling like the same old same old then. Not a very good ending. But it was fun for the most part while it lasted.

I traded it in after I beat it. Not much else to do.

Jap Attack

Dedicated Member
Jul 10, 2005
I'd give it an 7.5-8 out of 10. The controls felt dumb, Sheva's AI has to be the most ******ed AI i have ever played with, and so are the not so zombie enemies. They run at you as fast as they can until there 10ft in front of you and just stop to check out how big you are. I can't move while i shoot. Jesus man, Dead Space had much better gameplay then this game and it was also scary as **** yet they gave me the ability to move while i shoot! I don't care it the Resident Evil series is no longer scary, but don't **** on the controls to give the players a false sense of tension.

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]This game felt more like a typical action game than survival horror, but it is still an epic game. :)[/quote]

Game is definitly an action game and not a survival horror. :(

I am going in my second half playthrough and while the game is great it´s far from being an Epic game. The only part i found to be epic was the final battle, at last where we (RE fans) can kick Weskers *** for good.

My biggest gripe is that there is just too much shooting in the game and too little mistery to solve, unlike the past games. I hate having "zombies" (not so much" shooting at you, it takes away all the RE feeling.
Controls feel fine to me but the AI is the worse i ve seen this gen, definitly it must be played split screen or online coop.

I am curious to see how they will pick up RE6 after this one which pretty much kills off all Umbrella related stuff.

R

Rapture

RE5 was RE4 with better graphics, less horror, co-op, and somewhat worse gameplay, level designs, and mechanics.

That said, I love the game. But RE4 is still the king.

[valium]

lawlydoodlez
Jun 12, 2008
i'm on my second playthrough right now,
i underestimated the game, i actually like it.
RE4 is still better though.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
It's an 8/10 for me, i did finally enjoy it. I preferred playing alone than in co-op.The AI wasn't all that bad, only a few stupid mistakes. Best multi-plat graphics so far on the consoles.