Just got home from a store...

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
Can't you get a new one right of the bat? Sure it's completely dead?

Sucks when stuff like that happens.. When I returned a flat-screen for a whole line of dead pixels, the web-store replied that the returned package had been badly damaged before arrival and tried to pin it on me. The nerve. Naturally I told them I had photographic evidence and 'tore them a new one' over the telephone.. :confused:

Tapatalk

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
Shit happens - my new Notebook had 3 "stuck" pixels when it arrived.
I sent it back and got a new one.

It was a hassle but worth it - can't stand that, i'd look at them aaaall the time ;)

chrisw26308

Forum Elder
Jan 13, 2007
Absolutely take it back. The problem usually gets worse with time. I had a Samsung dlp and it took about seven years to start getting them. It started with 4, then in a month it had about 30, that's when I got a new tv.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
The last time I had the problem.. it was an Acer monitor I bought from Amazon. It had a single dead pixel, bottom left... not really noticeable, but again, I'm OCD about it lol. They sent me a replacement and I got it next day. I then sent them the bad one back.

John Willaford

Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2013
Owings Mills, MD
[QUOTE="AverageNinja, post: 6261417]... and my new tv already has a dead pixel.
What should I do? Go back? I heard a repair would take 4 to 6 weeks but I don't feel like waiting so long :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free[/QUOTE]

What did you buy?
Also, yes, return for immediate refund/not satisfied with purchase, etc.

John Willaford

Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2013
Owings Mills, MD
[QUOTE="chrisw26308, post: 6261463]Absolutely take it back. The problem usually gets worse with time. I had a Samsung dlp and it took about seven years to start getting them. It started with 4, then in a month it had about 30, that's when I got a new tv.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Correct, they say it's due to the natural state of the tv (Toshiba's bs out clause).
No, it's a manufacturing defect, plain and simple. I pay for X million working color dots and features to manipulate them, not a non standard non fully articulated picture plane,
NO. do not accept that BS.

[QUOTE="Duffman1986, post: 6261595]Sounds like you got a good deal there if they only wanted €20 for a better trade up, made taking back the faulty unit even more worth it![/QUOTE]

Well the more expensive option actually only was €20 more, so it's kind of stupid I didn't get this one to start with :lol:
Well I'm really happy with it! I used to be unable to read the text from skyrim, now I can read it :D just celebrated my birthday with some friends and we played Street Fighter IV a lot, just feels so much better on a big tv :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

coolguy

Ultimate Veteran
May 24, 2005
long island ny
If its brand new take it back get a new one years ago I got a new Sammy LCD for my ps3 then next day there was a dead pixel
I got a new one don't send it in for repairs its new get a new one