Kaz speaks about the NA launch

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
Here is a little more info on the NA launch plans from Kaz at TGS fore those that thought that they need more info or thought this was that last chance to for Sony to make any “major” announcements.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158493.html

Oops...Try this one!

Edit: Watch the linked video in the article to “cut to the chase”. :)

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Are you sure you didn't link the wrong article? I did a ctrl+f on "kaz" and found a post from a member there talking about how "gay" Kaz and Kuturagi are....

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
The link has been corrected and Kaz talks about three major things:

· Talks about NA launch numbers.:D
· The importance of Sony’s on-line offering.
· The reasoning for not dropping the price on the “upgraded” 20gb SKU in NA…yet.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
That was a good read! It gets kind of confusing when he talks about numbers. He says he wants 1million PS3s in America by January1st yet he says they will be on boats and planes...

Pretty hard to put a finger on whats going on here, except it looks like there will be a "refresh" right after the holidays. 400,000 units in the "launch timeframe" means that there could be some serious shortages.

soul-sama

Super Elite
Jul 21, 2006
www.soul-sama.deviantart.com
great find! I watched the vid, and he had a lot of good things to say, very smoothly. I thought it to be really admirable, how confident he was in the PS3, despite all the rumoprs and crap. But yeah, I had a good time watching it--well... I was watching lair in the background while listening to him talk.... SAME THING lmao. Lair is so amazing. I want that game, along with pretty much very other game for the PS3.... Lair's up there though.... ;)

E

.ElemenT.

Yeah, I was a bit confused as well. I think he said there will be an innitial amount of 400,000 in America, and by year's end, there will be 1 million more. At least that's what I think he said...

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
A couple of things stand out:

· Kaz is confirming that the supply line will not shut down after the holidays.
· They plan to “stockpile” for the final launch in spring, hopefully bringing unit availability up.;)
· He gives us a little more insight into the “Key note address”.
· They have committed to using Air transportation to meet their lunch plans. :D

We will know more once the final product lines start to fires up in the next couple of weeks.