Killzone 2 Bargain Price

Feb 13, 2008
Sorry a bit off topic, but is there a Special or Limited edition Killzone2 disc set coming? Like Fallout3 had the Tin case, MGS4 came with the DVD etc... Something nice?

Judgegeo

Dedicated Member
May 29, 2008
Well.. there is pre-order bonuses.. related to HOME.

Not sure about anything else.

But £7 off.. I have £20 off on my game card, so.. not really up for saving £7 =D.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="pete.dakota, post: 0]Saving of £7 doesn't appeal over being able to drive to the shop on release day and actually have the copy in my hand. :p[/quote]

with shop to net you will most likely get the copy on the morning of release or if its like play.com maybe a day or two before official release.

C

coldbloodied

IM going to my local tescos at midnight and picking up the game i did the same thing on mgs4 release so going to do that when killzone2 is released

The manager will put a copy aside so i can pick it up at 12 and if the staff member is a bit kooky then i might be able to get it a few hours early.

dannycorkers

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2006
[QUOTE="pete.dakota, post: 0]Saving of £7 doesn't appeal over being able to drive to the shop on release day and actually have the copy in my hand. :p[/quote]

Every game I've ordered from shopto for the last year and a half has come 2 days early (so om the Wednesday for a Friday release date.) I'm pretty sure that beats getting it on the morning of release.

LC77

Dedicated Member
May 7, 2008
Think I'll wait a week or two for new games from now on. Amazon & Play knocked a tenner off shortly after I bought latest game releases..... I'm hoping more people do the same to start some "deflation" on games prices. :)

arachnid

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2008
had killzone 2 pre-ordered from shopto for a while now, always used play.com before but when i noticed the general prices for other games (MS:pR, R2 & LBP all £20) thought might as well give it a go

Jan 8, 2008

Most websites will send it out in advance so you get it on release day, my dad ordered [email protected] from play and got it a few days before!

K

karbineftw

[QUOTE="AnotherRandom, post: 0]Most websites will send it out in advance so you get it on release day, my dad ordered [email protected] from play and got it a few days before![/quote]

Yeh I too recieved my copy 2 days earlier.
Something is telling me that it won't be the case for killzone 2. I am going to pre-order with play.com just in case. Would be gutted if my friends have it from play.com and I didn't get it early.
far cry 2 came a day early too. Play.com is great!!

N

nulleduser

[QUOTE="Stefan, post: 0]I can wait a week to see if ASDA have any better deals. I'm sure they will.[/quote]

asda usually have mega deals on brand new games that just come out, i got cod5 for 27.99 the day after release. by monday it was back up to 39.99
tesco sometimes do gooduns too, i got fifa 09 release day for 29.99 although they had no proper cases so i got it in a dodgy lookin' black DVD box :(

K

karbineftw

[QUOTE="CodeRed13, post: 0]And how much will the original Killzone 2 be when it's released? Less than £32.99 or more?[/quote]

of coarse its going to be more. Thats the whole point of this thread :|

xdavidplaguex

Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2008
hehe not bad but ill get it for about 28.99 if its £40 in gamestation cause my girlfriend gets me money off :D like 20% and ill get it the day it comes out weeee :D

Feb 2, 2007
Checked out shopto myself to pre-order KZ2, but i've read mixed reviews, so i'm sticking to GAME.co.uk, been brilliant everytime i've pre-ordered from them, plus i got some money on my reward card to redeem :D

no1kevlin

Beware the Bomb-Head!
Mar 16, 2008
I'll look out for a better deal at release or just after. I got codwaw for £28 from Asda on release day and got rid of it a few weeks after for £35! I reckon stores will over-order copies like they have with all the recent big releases and then they'll have to shift them quick for cash to pay suppliers for the next lot of games (credit crunch anyone!) so they'll be discounting it to £29.99 or less within a week I reckon.

Feb 19, 2007
[QUOTE="no1kevlin, post: 0]I reckon stores will over-order copies like they have with all the recent big releases and then they'll have to shift them quick for cash to pay suppliers for the next lot of games (credit crunch anyone!) so they'll be discounting it to £29.99 or less within a week I reckon.[/quote]

If they do, get it at launch then if it goes cheaper a week later, buy the cheaper copy and then return it with the launch copy receipt ;)

iamspongebob

Superior Member
Mar 27, 2008
[QUOTE="LC77, post: 0]Think I'll wait a week or two for new games from now on. Amazon & Play knocked a tenner off shortly after I bought latest game releases..... I'm hoping more people do the same to start some "deflation" on games prices. :)[/quote]

Yh i got lbp with nariko for £40 there. Then since my ps3 died I couldn't play it and when I got my ps3 back they were doing £30 and still Nariko!!! To add to the pain LBP wasn't what i expected and shortly after it even went to £20. OMG lol

R

Rapture

[QUOTE="Luner_Chaos, post: 0]Anyone find a good US deal?[/quote]

I would like a good deal as well. :D

I'm starting to get hyped for this game.

Dec 30, 2008
i bought grand theft auto in store from eb games for 99.99

unfortunately the next day they were selling it for 65.95

so i went up to the counter with my friends and jokingly asked if they wuld give me a 35 dollar refund.....nd they did LOL