Killzone 3 Trophy Progression

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
How goes the trophy hunt on Killzone 3? I'm currently at 55% right now the only thing I have to do is beat the game on elite then I play the online portion of the game for the remaining trophies.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
86% i need elite, 1500k kills, and the two co-op trophies....then 15 kills with a secondary weapon (the dlc trophy)

edit: 84% meh..need the join a squad trophy

lol i need good mp friends...playing solo is fun, you get the kills but you end up losing because randoms dont know what they're doing

Last edited:
May 12, 2006
Fort Collins
www.whichwich.com
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 5451296]86% i need elite, 1500k kills, and the two co-op trophies....then 15 kills with a secondary weapon (the dlc trophy)

edit: 84% meh..need the join a squad trophy

lol i need good mp friends...playing solo is fun, you get the kills but you end up losing because randoms dont know what they're doing[/QUOTE]

I need that trophy too. And I need good people to play with. :) Add me if you want. pansenbaer

Feb 17, 2011
i'm at 42% ... i've been trying to get the Little Big Weapons trophy, but I can not get it to unlock. I've been playing only on the DLC maps since it has a mark next to it. I've gotten 15 kills with the rocket launcher and have tried using a primary as a secondary and it still wont unlock. Do you have to use a pistol or what?

EDIT:
Just read over at PS3Trophies.org that grenade weapons don't count. Has to be done with any of the pistols and can be done on any map. Guess I'll give the shotgun pistol a try and see if it works.

EDIT2:
Just got it. Played on the graveyard in Warzone and got 15 kills with the shotgun pistol. Good stuff. :)

Last edited:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I'm right around 50% I got a couple last night but I haven't checked it last I remember was 44%. I really want to play it on elite I'm just not sure I'm up to the challenge. I died a lot during the Normal( Whatever the rank is for normal, can't remember) Playthrough. It seems like once you have the elite difficulty trophy this is smooth sailing for a Plat.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I'm at eighty-some percent. I've gotten all the SP trophies and like most of the MP ones. I think I have like 3 or 4 MP trophies left to go. AFAIK, the only ones I have left are:

Capture tactical respawn
Get a kill with the jetpack
play a match in a squad

and..maybe one more. I think that's it, though.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
I doubt ill get platinum the camping in this game is worse than in COD its basically the same spawn trapping like in KZ2.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
what does that have to do with getting the trophies? the online trophy depends on what specialization you have so regardless of the camping you can still get them....97% percent. only need the two co-op trophies ill be done

since i got the game for socom4 beta, ill be trading it in for motorstorm apocalypse

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
play a match in a squad,
3 kills with one frag,
jetpack kill
Beat on elite
Get a kill cloaked

And a few others..

are prolly the ones I'll never get :snicker

Though, in my firs 1 - 3 hours (2 hours lost cause of disconnects.. it fixed itself though) Made me lose all care in MP. I just try to heal people, but they always.. always respawn right after death so I get shot and killed :/

NYFAN75

Elite Guru
Dec 10, 2005
NC
I am at about 30%... I got the jet pack the cloak and all the specialty ones...

Just have some more to get on SP and some more mp obviously but the ones I thought were going to be hard I got right away when everything was unlocked...

Should have worked on the 15 kills w/ secondary...:(

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
yup....got my plat but i need the 15 kills with a secondary (dlc trophy)...currently at 97% but yeah i completed everything that came with the game. you can actually play co-op by your self as long as you play on recruit and have a second DS3

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 5452339]yup....got my plat but i need the 15 kills with a secondary (dlc trophy)...currently at 97% but yeah i completed everything that came with the game. you can actually play co-op by your self as long as you play on recruit and have a second DS3[/QUOTE]

Good to know. ;)

Friend doesnt live close anymore, so "split screen co-op" is a joke for me now.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 5452351]the easiest platinum to date for me[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of platinuming it but I just don't really know if I can beat it on elite. As I said, I died alot just playing it on Normal. I would love to play it over again. I loved every minute of it.:razz:

Last edited:

Icc

I BE A PIRATE!!!
Nov 23, 2007
camp lejeune NC
[QUOTE="ps3freak18, post: 5452402]I was thinking of platinuming it but I just don't really know if I can beat it on elite. As I said, I died alot just playing it on Normal. I would love to play it over again. I loved every minute of it.:razz:[/QUOTE]

i had the same thought as you. died a lot of normal. then i did it on elite this afternoon. was not really much harder.

so far these are some pretty easy trophies. at about 84% right now. got the CO-Op, the squad, and a few destory everything on x trophies left.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
[QUOTE="Icc, post: 5452405]i had the same thought as you. died a lot of normal. then i did it on elite this afternoon. was not really much harder.

so far these are some pretty easy trophies. at about 84% right now. got the CO-Op, the squad, and a few destory everything on x trophies left.[/QUOTE] lol you will keep missing that one till you look it up online...i almost gave up after replaying the whole chapter over just because i missed one of the turrets with the wasp....definitely a pain

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 5452431]lol you will keep missing that one till you look it up online...i almost gave up after replaying the whole chapter over just because i missed one of the turrets with the wasp....definitely a pain[/QUOTE]

I tried like 3 times and failed so kept playing on.

Goobax

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2007
missing only the 3 co-op and the one where you destroy all items on the MAWLR, don't know what I am missing from it though.

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 5452169]since i got the game for socom4 beta, ill be trading it in for motorstorm apocalypse[/QUOTE]

Are you sure we won't need the disk from KZ3 as well for the SOCOM4 beta?

[QUOTE="Icc, post: 5452405]i had the same thought as you. died a lot of normal. then i did it on elite this afternoon. was not really much harder. [/QUOTE]

Elite mode seems to have gone the COD route....spamming us with grenades to make it more difficult.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
[QUOTE="Goobax, post: 5452524]missing only the 3 co-op and the one where you destroy all items on the MAWLR, don't know what I am missing from it though.[/QUOTE]

on foot, you have to destroy the cooling panels and the turrets underneath them from right to left. when theres only one cooling panel left (the left one), dont destroy it! let it open and close, the turret below it will engage, destroy them and the panel will open again. while on the intruder, make sure you destroy all the turrets, even if you think you missed one in the cluster (sometimes 2 to 3), restart from the last check point, dont take any chances

[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5452763]Are you sure we won't need the disk from KZ3 as well for the SOCOM4 beta?

Elite mode seems to have gone the COD route....spamming us with grenades to make it more difficult.[/QUOTE]

nah all you need is the code, its not like EA where i need MOH just to play the BF3 beta.

as for the elite mode, i think its bearable. the enemies are not infinitely spawning so you could just sit back and pick them off. the thing is they are more aggressive and will flank your *** with grenades if you stick to one cover for too long. it was definitely challenging but in a good way.

Icc

I BE A PIRATE!!!
Nov 23, 2007
camp lejeune NC
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5452763]Are you sure we won't need the disk from KZ3 as well for the SOCOM4 beta?

Elite mode seems to have gone the COD route....spamming us with grenades to make it more difficult.[/QUOTE]

didn't get spammed to much. was an obvious increase but nearly CoD bad. bullet damage did go way the hell up. was times i was moving up and out of nowhere a shotgun guy showed up and before i could turn to engage, he blasted me.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
[QUOTE="Goobax, post: 5452524]missing only the 3 co-op and the one where you destroy all items on the MAWLR, don't know what I am missing from it though.[/QUOTE]
On youtube there are a few videos that show all of it. The NextGenTactics video on there shows everything pretty well.

And the co-op ones I did by myself. I just kept the second controller next to me and moved my other guy when I needed to (which was only a couple times). You have to do the firing range part with both players.

Last edited:

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
[QUOTE="ps3freak18, post: 5451919]I'm right around 50% I got a couple last night but I haven't checked it last I remember was 44%. I really want to play it on elite I'm just not sure I'm up to the challenge. I died a lot during the Normal( Whatever the rank is for normal, can't remember) Playthrough. It seems like once you have the elite difficulty trophy this is smooth sailing for a Plat.[/QUOTE]

The elite difficulty isn't really that hard, I been using cover alot but in some sections its pretty difficult. I just pop out shoot at some higs then when they get closer or before they move to cover I empty a clip in them at close range. It just takes a little longer to get to the next checkpoint or pass the level is all. I'm about halfway through the game on elite I just finished the level when your in the EXO Mech thing.