Killzone is here!

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
Tried the beta, Am i the only one who think the Vita is very uncomfortable ?! I faced hard time aiming fast and to the right direction and after a while my hands were sore. The game itself is fine but having the analog sticks below the D-pad and face buttons was definitely a bad choice from SONY.

Anyone else having this problem ?!

Jul 21, 2010
Only for shooting games, it just feels awkward when you been using Dualshock for so long. Every other genre feels comfy for me though

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
I use the PDP trigger grip which gives the Vita alot more shape in the palm of the hands and adds a natural resting place for your fingers on 2 concaved triggers. I've played excessively on various types of games and start to ache probably after 6-8 hours approximately. Just depends on the nature of the game and if I start getting frustrated with it it :lol:

Here's some info and pics i wrote up on it:

PDP Trigger Grip
http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/304310-PDP-Vita-case-Triggers-With-Pics

The vita hasn't been used without it since the day I got it.

Last edited:

LfCpS3

Master Poster
May 22, 2009
Pre ordered and ready for it.

The beta was very fun ( not a fan of the vanguard/bots though) and just really like the style of the SP ( play your own style, variety in how you play and what you choose to use). That is something that is lacking this gen with FPS games ( in sp)

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
With regards to reviews, they couldn't say anything to put me off after playing the beta and wetting my appetite for more.

N4G have been accumulating reviews for most of the day ranging from 5/10 to 9.7/10, think there's 23 total at the mo. I've read afew good and bad but some of the worst do not even go in to detail why they give it the score they do.

I think from the beta and the positive comments it received (don't remember much negativity at all?) the reviews will not be putting people off. It's a solid portable shooter, which is what a lot of gamers have wanted for a while.

Flumbooze

Superior Member
Jun 16, 2013
Belgium
[QUOTE="Syphon_Filter, post: 6195776]They are saying it needs patch and the size of it is 1110MB. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

There is a patch that size :)

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="siftinglurker88, post: 6195854]yes that is true. Playing through the story missions at the moment and really enjoying them. The vanguard system is awsome[/QUOTE]

Are they as lengthy as they said they would be?

Forcedme

Super Elite
Oct 19, 2007
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 6195652]No surprise from EDGE.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised. Reading the article it sounds like he's prepping up for a 7 or 8--while I don't have any beef with a 6, it seemed that the reviewer was more impressed than dismayed with the game. The review definitely didn't feel fitting to the score.

Still, no issue with it here--Edge has a staff of smart, discerning writers, and if he thinks it's a 6, then he think it's a 6--I'm already convinced that I'll love this game. Six more days!

EDIT: Okay, so I just read about that day-one patch. Jesus Christ. I was planning on going all-digital with the Vita, but I've a 16GB card, and I don't know if I want to dedicate 1/4th of the memory to a single game... I may break down and buy the physical copy of this. Holy shit.

Last edited:

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="Flumbooze, post: 6195862]There is a patch that size :)[/QUOTE]

GG my 4GB Memory card. I buy all my games physically and barely ever buy DLC. And I get this. Fuck

LfCpS3

Master Poster
May 22, 2009
Basically what the low scoring reviewers are saying:

The game doesn't feel unique enough (same old) and compared to console shooters it isn't that good...

Except from the fact that the games SP is pretty unique in this day and age ( play your own style, choose your own loadout, your own pace and being able to pick the weapons YOU want instead of what is unlocked) I see there point...

Oh and I love how a on the go game is being compared to a fully fledged console game that is both more powerful and allows for more opportunities ( more players online, better online since more people will be connected etc...)

Jul 21, 2010
It's like when R&C Quest for Booty was getting those low scores. They didn't take into account it was a smaller downscaled game, but they kept comparing it to Tools of Destruction which makes no sense.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
IGN review is up.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/05/killzone-mercenary-review 8/10

Final Verdict

The wait has been long and arduous, but Killzone: Mercenary finally delivers what Vita owners have craved for over a year and a half: a first-person shooter that won’t only keep them busy for a long time, but one that helps justify their hardware purchase in the first place. Mercenary is a truly great shooter, one that was crafted with the hardcore shooter fan in mind. There’s a lot to love here -- even if its campaign is woefully short – from its deep Contracts mode to its engaging multiplayer functionality.
Killzone: Mercenary isn’t only the promise of a great handheld shooter. It actually is one.
Can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow :D

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6196272]First, double posting isn't against the rules... second, YES IT DOES!!! lol. Nice review.[/QUOTE]

I know but it grates me when I see it so try not to do it :lol:

Just had despatch notification !!!
Can't wait for it tomorrow now :D
Also got some Blackjack DLC with it too.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="SupraGaz, post: 6196274]I know but it grates me when I see it so try not to do it :lol:

Just had despatch notification !!!
Can't wait for it tomorrow now :D
Also got some Blackjack DLC with it too.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to get in some mp with ya'll.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6196280]Can't wait to get in some mp with ya'll.[/QUOTE]

Will be on all day tomorrow when it arrives, feel free to add me if you fancy a game :)

GazzaGSi

:cool:

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="SupraGaz, post: 6196294]Will be on all day tomorrow when it arrives, feel free to add me if you fancy a game :)

GazzaGSi

:cool:[/QUOTE]

I will, but "we" don't get it til next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free