Knack constantly freezing... Becoming unplayable almost

chriharr

Apprentice
Jun 9, 2011
GREAT SOUTHERN LAND
I've got knack on disc with 1.51 update installed and every 2 missions roughly knack freezes forcing me to hold down power button for 15 seconds, now every time I play it about a minute in constant freezing so far no issues with other games just knack.

Anyone experiencing any issues with knack??

So after 6 freezes and hard resets (power button down for 15 seconds) I've finally been able to play for an hour now with no more freezes 4 of them are from level 5-4... Guess it's a launch game so I can expect a few of these issues right?, however I never had any issues with launch PS3 games like Motorstorm etc...

Last edited:

chriharr

Apprentice
Jun 9, 2011
GREAT SOUTHERN LAND
Ahhhh great so it's not just me, game is playing through fine now, still seems to be a lot of bugs in knack from the google search I just did.... Fingers crossed another patch comes soon.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Thats strange. I am at level 8-3 and have yet to have any sort of freeze.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
I'll assume it will be till firmware 2.00 that we will see some actual system stability. The UK release might force sony to release a new update soon

chriharr

Apprentice
Jun 9, 2011
GREAT SOUTHERN LAND
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6258474]I'm at chapter 6-1 and no freezes at all.[/QUOTE]

it's probably because I'm exploring everything i've probably done something the level design doesn't like

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
Probably location related since we are both in Oz having the same issue.

EDIT: To expand on that, I believe the US still have the 'What's New' section enabled, and the latest Knack patch was to post updates to this board.
So likely it is crashing due to the 'What's New' section not existing in our region.

Last edited:

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
how's it going now for you guys? Aussie here and I've been playing Knack before and post patch with no issues.

Also add me! Will be great to have some fellow aussies online