Last of Us REMASTERED PS4 SUMMER 2014 1080p/60fps [CONFIRMED]

victorijapoosp

Dedicated Member
Sep 9, 2010
HIGH QUALITY 60 FPS version of trailer : has MUCH BETTER image quality than youtube video
thelastofus_remastered.mov

Source as of 8.30 am UK time.

Original source fernoca member at neogaf

All details below are confirmed
S¡mon on neogaf said:
The Last of Us Remastered
$59.99
Release: Summer 2014
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Framerate: targeting 60 fps source
Higher resolution character models
Improved shadows and lighting
Several other gameplay improvements
In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director
Includes: Abandoned Territories Map Pack
Includes: Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
Includes: The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player campaign
Pre-order Bonuses
100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after you complete the single player campaign
Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Digital PlayStation Store pre-order bonuses
All of the previous pre-order bonuses mentioned
Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions Mode
Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions Mode
Preorder : Amazon

Preorder PSN/SEN store:

Detailed info: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/09/the-last-of-us-remastered-coming-to-ps4-summer-2014/

Exclusive Naughty Dog interview - Mentions increased draw distance.

[video=youtube;4bPJWGMM1b4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bPJWGMM1b4[/video]

HIGH QUALITY 60 FPS version of trailer : has MUCH BETTER image quality than youtube video
http://dkjdz4k7deoi9.cloudfront.net/videos/thelastofus_remastered.mov

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Pretty sure I will get this on disc if it comes out in that form, I think the actual game is pretty much confirmed now so looking forward to picking up a copy when it's released!

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
I won't get it but great for those that haven't played it or want to replay it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

victorijapoosp

Dedicated Member
Sep 9, 2010
my 8 formerly xboxite friends will instantly jump on this. TLOU was the only kryptonite that weakened their playstation hatred. All jumped ship to PS4 in anticipation of UC4, but this is a nice surprise for them.

And for me, If it transpires that they managed to included more advanced AI and the character models that they had to cut from PS3 version due to memory problems. I will double dip. FO' SHO'.

Scratch that, 1080p native and i will double dip. Its already brilliant as a game.

Nov 23, 2005
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 6327004]$60 Really?
It better be 1080p, 60fps, improved graphics and comes with the Left Behind DLC with the same improvements for that price.[/QUOTE]
You forgot cookies... Never forget cookies :cuss

I'm not too fond of all that "remaster" shit but I will double dip on that one.

HellsJester

Master Sage
Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="snooper71, post: 6327006]You forgot cookies... Never forget cookies :cuss

I'm not too fond of all that "remaster" shit but I will double dip on that one.[/QUOTE]

Im not allowed to mention those.
Court Order.

Sep 11, 2007
Philly
It better be 1080p, 60fps, improved graphics and comes with the Left Behind DLC with the same improvements for that price.[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be DLC, 60fps, and anti-aliasing.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Shibby, post: 6327011]It'll probably be DLC, 60fps, and anti-aliasing.[/QUOTE]
probably be a post AA technique. a variation on TXAA maybe?

The PS3 had a 25GB/s bandwidth iirc. So it could even do MSAA with the bandwidth on PS4. However, i would rather see 1080p60 (i know it's kinda snobbish, but it is a PS3 game. Tomb Raider attempted it and almost got there)

I would probably buy this again.

Fantastic game. And one to have in any library, even PS4. People seem to have forgotten how great the game actually is. It will be the benchmark for in game storytelling long into this Generation. Hell, it might not even be topped this gen.
The price, however, is robbery though. not a cool way to treat fans of the game, and fans of the brand. Whatever economist greenlit this kind of garbage was/is a knob.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
Yes yes yes! That multiplayer! The wait for hhour just lessened a little. Can't wait, buying day 1

Lol they know people will buy it at full price again just to get a glimpse of naughty dogs next gen eye candy. Hopefully they include a demo or trailer of uncharted at the end of the credits

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
All the xbox converts will get to witness the greatness.

This really does have a chance to move over a million in its lifetime.

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
Id like them to sell the online multiplayer separately.
I loved the game, but wont spend $60 on a game I already own and have already beaten. I want the multiplayer on the PS4 tho.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
[QUOTE="faaeng, post: 6327050]Id like them to sell the online multiplayer separately.
I loved the game, but wont spend $60 on a game I already own and have already beaten. I want the multiplayer on the PS4 tho.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I want to play it again to see the visuals on the ps4....those foliage, hopefully they use tress fx for hair or there own method

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Nov 23, 2005
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't TLOU still full price? You add the DLC with it and get a really good value.. IMO

Wouldn't being on the PS4 also mean the MP could support more players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
Don't like the full price tag even with the dlc. They are not creating a game from scratch to demand all that money. 30$ would do just fine and move more units.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Thankfully I've not bought The Last of Us on PS3, so I'm pretty excited for this. I'll get the superior version on a new-gen platform. <3

Definitely. Anything less would just be shit on ND's part.

Nov 23, 2005
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 6327097]Thankfully I've not bought The Last of Us on PS3, so I'm pretty excited for this. I'll get the superior version on a new-gen platform. <3

Definitely. Anything less would just be shit on ND's part.[/QUOTE]

Do we even know ND are the ones doing the port? Could be that company that handled UC Vita. I'm hoping it's ND but wouldnt it be better if the second team worked on a new project?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
There are a couple games from last gen I enjoyed enough to know I'd gladly rebuy/replay them on ps4. TLOU is at the top of that list with streamers and fireworks.

Now if ND would hurry up and announce a remaster of the Uncharted Trilogy...

[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 6327097]Definitely. Anything less would just be shit on ND's part.[/QUOTE]

TLOU doesn't need 60fps. I wouldn't say no to it if it had it. But a game that thrives on slow methodical progression through a level, doesn't necessarily require buttery smooth frame animations.

Last edited:

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="shepard, post: 6327111]TLOU doesn't need 60fps. I wouldn't say no to it if it had it. But a game that thrives on slow methodical progression through a level, doesn't necessarily require buttery smooth frame animations.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what those two have anything to do with each other. This game also has some quick paced scenes and some fairly intense close-range fighting, so I don't get your point.

No game needs 60fps, but when the hardware is capable of it then there's really no reason not to capitalize on it. If ND are going to try to double-dip here then they need to make the product have some additional value. 60fps and a resolution bump are the most basic offerings they can make to the PS4 version.

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
Games that benefit most from high framerates, are fighters, fps games and racers. Why? because of the fast motion and twitch based action required to be competitive.

Crawling through a dark space slowly to avoid being detected doesn't require 60fps. You can agree or not, but its a fact.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I have no problems paying $60 for a game that is less than a year old. This game was amazing and I am not forced to buy it on the PS4, but I am going to.

I paid full price for Tomb Raider on the PS4 and felt it was worth every penny. And I do not mind supporting developers when their games are outstanding.

The PS4 abilities also makes it worth it. I like taking pictures and videos of my games, and now I can easily do that with TLOU on the PS4.