Launch Games

May 5, 2011
USA
What games would you like to be released at launch for the Vita? It can be a game already confirmed or just a game you hope will be on the Vita.

Unannounced/Hopeful:
Ninja Gaiden
Resident Evil

Confirmed games:
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Littlebigplanet (confirmed as not a launch game)
Assassin's Creed

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
I wish it was this that was launching...a remake would be awesome...

[video=youtube;0w5neFPat1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5neFPat1w[/video]

Rtc

Jun 14, 2011
Ga
[QUOTE="jj03, post: 5633371]I wish it was this that was launching...a remake would be awesome...

[video=youtube;0w5neFPat1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5neFPat1w[/video][/QUOTE]

That was a very funny game

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 5633380]All I need is WipEout 2048 and I'm set for at least the first 3 months. :)

Pretty sure it was confirmed to be a launch title[/QUOTE]

I think it is, I'm just afraid there wont be many new tracks. Atleast the online wont be completely dead since you can race PS3 gamers.

Shockwave

PSU Editor
Nov 11, 2007
Ireland
I hope that the PSP-announced RE title will make its way over to the Vita. Apart from that long shot, I think WipEout 2048 will tide me over for some time.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
[QUOTE="ShockWave, post: 5633771]I hope that the PSP-announced RE title will make its way over to the Vita. Apart from that long shot, I think WipEout 2048 will tide me over for some time.[/QUOTE]
RE PSP turned into Resident Evil: Raccoon City once it was clear PSP is dead everywhere else but Japan.

Anyways... Vita might possibly have the best launch line-up ever. I mean, from the currently known launch-games (not sure if for every region, but at least somewhere in the world), there are plenty of really interesting and certain/almost certain AAA games, such as:

Wipeout 2048
Ruin (well, maybe not AAA, but hopefully still a decent hack 'n slash)
Shinobido 2 (confirmed for launch in Europe)
Gravity Daze (not sure if launch title anywhere else but Japan)
Everybody's Golf
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Disgaea 3: The Return
Soundshape
Super Stardust Delta

And by launch game, I mean at launch or at most ~1 months after. Not to even mention the launchwindow line-up for all of Spring 2012, which, in addition to the above games, will (possibly) include (not all are confirmed for launch window, but I assume they are):

Dragon's Crown
Falcom's JRPG
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysey
Lumines
Rayman Origins

and probably a lot more in the first ~6 months. I just hope it really flies off the shelves and the games sell well so that it'll get continued support and won't have a period of temporary death like PSP did soon after launch.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5633718]I think it is, I'm just afraid there wont be many new tracks. Atleast the online wont be completely dead since you can race PS3 gamers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I still don't fully understand that.

From what I can tell, it seems like a brand new game, but the online (maybe campaign?) has the WipEout HD tracks as well? So it can play with that game on PS3?

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 5636697]Yeah I still don't fully understand that.

From what I can tell, it seems like a brand new game, but the online (maybe campaign?) has the WipEout HD tracks as well? So it can play with that game on PS3?[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell.
Brand new game with new epic tracks.
In multiplayer this this game can be with either Vita or PS3 players.
WipEout HD: Fury will probably get this game as DLC.