Layouts~ Stephan

Psypher

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2005
Looks nice :) Dark background with golden orange, lime green, or light blue are always ftw.
I tend to think they look much nicer than most white background sites as the subtle details show up clearer.

Unfortunately, many of my clients are more business oriented than hobby. :(

Here are two of mine that I have done for actual monies :D
[reveal]

[/reveal]

Not amazing, but for the amount they paid I'd like to think they are decent!

Oct 20, 2006
www.cozmagfx.com
[QUOTE="Psypher, post: 0]Looks nice :) Dark background with golden orange, lime green, or light blue are always ftw.
I tend to think they look much nicer than most white background sites as the subtle details show up clearer.

Unfortunately, many of my clients are more business oriented than hobby. :(

Here are two of mine that I have done for actual monies :D
[reveal]

[/reveal]

Not amazing, but for the amount they paid I'd like to think they are decent![/quote]

The top one is for my website, the middle one i sold.. the other just didnt do antyhing with it.

But nice templates, enespcially the bottom one.

G

GuitarrassDeAmor

These are really good man. I am putting (well, not me, I am helping a bit) put together a site for my group in the signature, and we are making the layouts and stuff. I really like yours man. Great job.

Shadowfyre

Super Elite
Jun 26, 2007
Just wondering, what's the default dimensions of these layouts? Are you resizing them or are these the actual dimensions? I'm wondering because I think I may design a website for my senior project, plan on getting more into graphic design once I get into college, and will probably make a career out of it.

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="Shadowfyre, post: 0]Just wondering, what's the default dimensions of these layouts? Are you resizing them or are these the actual dimensions? I'm wondering because I think I may design a website for my senior project, plan on getting more into graphic design once I get into college, and will probably make a career out of it.[/quote]

thats something i was wondering aswell, considering you have different dimensions for each of the layouts.

Oct 20, 2006
www.cozmagfx.com
Usually you want to keep the dimensions of how wide it is to a decent size, so peeps with smaller monitors can view it 100%. BUT, you can always use CSS so it isnt fixed, and can strech from side to side...

Length wise, really it doesnt matter... but the way your content is arranged, you want the important stuff from un-scrolled first.

Usually 700,800, sometimes 900 wide is popular.. Making it as friendly as possible is key.

Shadowfyre

Super Elite
Jun 26, 2007
Thanks, I just started making a navigation bar. I've made things like this before, but I've never actually finished an entire layout. Thanks for your advice. +rep

Psypher

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2005
[QUOTE="stephancelmare360!!, post: 0]Usually you want to keep the dimensions of how wide it is to a decent size, so peeps with smaller monitors can view it 100%. BUT, you can always use CSS so it isnt fixed, and can strech from side to side...

Length wise, really it doesnt matter... but the way your content is arranged, you want the important stuff from un-scrolled first.

Usually 700,800, sometimes 900 wide is popular.. Making it as friendly as possible is key.[/quote]

Yeah, I use 960 px width for most of my sites. Very few people browse with 800 x 600 resolution these days.

Oct 20, 2006
www.cozmagfx.com
[QUOTE="Psypher, post: 0]Yeah, I use 960 px width for most of my sites. Very few people browse with 800 x 600 resolution these days.[/quote]

Some people have macbooks, or other small laptops.. that require smaller res. 800 X 600 Is a base standard, but you can use the CSS..

[QUOTE="smiggy, post: 0]right well i had ago :) first time for everything hehe

well, this pc hates img tags for some reason :rolleyes: so here it is direct http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sitetemplateaq0.jpg[/quote]

Good job man! :) It sure looks better than my first! Keep it up m8, also.. for text , if you cant think of anything. You can use something called " Lorem Ipsum" its a filler text. .. + rep 4 u.