Leaderboard Hacked?

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
Sorry if this has already been post but I couldn't see it in any of the threads.

Has anyone check the leaderboard recently? I'm looking at the top of the list for scores and I think someone has hacked it somehow.

Some guy called QuantumForce has a score of 1723826928 after just over 3 minutes of play! Unless this a massive **** up on IW's part or a glitch I think he has actually hacked the game somehow.

Anyone care to explain? :confused:

higgos22

Master Guru
Feb 8, 2009
wow that guy is good and if it is a glitch he better savour it id be taking screen shots and posting it everywhere

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Boosting / hacking, whatever it is exactly, it's going on. I personally think the return of the Cage Match game mode was a bad idea, however in terms of kill streaks the Cage Match game mode doesn't make much of a difference. Also domination is a key source of boosting. However I haven't played Domination yet, so whether or not the Domination game mode has a time limit or not is unknown to me at this time. If there is no time limit, however, boosting is most likely occurring in that game mode among all others [based on how things were in past Call of Duty titles].

I'd suggest doing like I've began to do: Ignore the first few pages of the leaderboards. Though you may find a few legit players up there, a majority of them have either boosted, hacked, or cheated in some way or another.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="scottscorpion, post: 0]i think every leader board ive looked at the top scores are either glitched or hacked[/quote]

Yeah that's about right. :D Grand ol world.

higgos22

Master Guru
Feb 8, 2009
[QUOTE="SchaffinOSX, post: 0]Boosting / hacking, whatever it is exactly, it's going on. I personally think the return of the Cage Match game mode was a bad idea, however in terms of kill streaks the Cage Match game mode doesn't make much of a difference. Also domination is a key source of boosting. However I haven't played Domination yet, so whether or not the Domination game mode has a time limit or not is unknown to me at this time. If there is no time limit, however, boosting is most likely occurring in that game mode among all others [based on how things were in past Call of Duty titles].

I'd suggest doing like I've began to do: Ignore the first few pages of the leaderboards. Though you may find a few legit players up there, a majority of them have either boosted, hacked, or cheated in some way or another.[/quote]
Good on those guys
Some people need more lives like its bad enough getting a crazy score like that the legit way it can be fun but actually borthering to boost your stats to get ascore that bloody high is just not even fun just so much pointless kill ur dead thing with no fun its sad why they even bother getting up there

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
I'm actually quite proud that only one person has messed with the accuracy stat so far. Giving them a 400% or so accuracy. Modern Warfare [1]'s accuracy leaderboards were a mess by the time Modern Warfare 2 released.

Nov 5, 2008
Philadelphia
This has happened on COD4, WaW, and now MW2. I don't think they will fix it either because they didn't on any of the other games. It's really stupid that they just leave it there.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="iamspongebob, post: 0]lol that quantum guy just got owned. His on like -1238719283719287 (w/e) and at the bottom of the leaderboards lol[/quote]

Justice at last. :D Glad Infinity Ward is taking action. Even though there are still plenty of cheaters, that one was just plain obvious.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="iamspongebob, post: 0]lol looks like quatum got back on top now....[/quote]

That's just plain out ridiculous. Infinity Ward can't even keep him at the bottom? :bang:

Apr 18, 2007
What do those suckers do to hack the leaderboard? IMO it is quite pathetic to do that in order to be on top. Don't they have some dignity? I guess not...

@Schaffin

What do you mean by "boosting"? BTW, there is a time limit in Domination.

iamspongebob

Superior Member
Mar 27, 2008
[QUOTE="AmorBavian, post: 4735137]What do those suckers do to hack the leaderboard? IMO it is quite pathetic to do that in order to be on top. Don't they have some dignity? I guess not...

@Schaffin

What do you mean by "boosting"? BTW, there is a time limit in Domination.[/quote]

its a game so they probably don't give a crap xD