LittleBigPlanet coming earlier then expected?! 10/07/08

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
This is weird. I can confirm myself that I did get the e-mail from Sony with that same exact picture.

Could this be a typo? Or could they possibly be bringing it out earlier with all the huge success of the beta?

Discuss.

Merchant

Elite Member
Jul 23, 2006
You beat me to it. I just noticed the same thing in my e-mail. I assume its a typo, but I guess we can hope.

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
[QUOTE="PXG S3, post: 0]It also says October 14th as well. What the hell?[/quote]

The picture is cut off, that October 14th release date is for Socom. There's a picture of the Socom game right above that release date.

Sep 2, 2006
[QUOTE="Pap3rThin, post: 0]The picture is cut off, that Octover 14th release date is for Socom. There's a picture of the Socom game right above that release date.[/quote]

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh. Ok.

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
What? I preordered from Gamestop, but they haven't mentioned anything.

If it's really October 7th, what's the fuss over all this beta stuff? lol

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
[QUOTE="RawK_Solid, post: 0]What? I preordered from Gamestop, but they haven't mentioned anything.

If it's really October 7th, what's the fuss over all this beta stuff? lol[/quote]

That's exactly what I'm thinking. We won't be hearing from anyone that works at Sony or Media Molecule until tomorrow, due to the staff members at MM are sleeping right now, and all the Sony employees are already off of work.

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
[QUOTE="Pap3rThin, post: 0]That's exactly what I'm thinking. We won't be hearing from anyone that works at Sony or Media Molecule until tomorrow, due to the staff members at MM are sleeping right now, and all the Sony employees are already off of work.[/quote]

Hey I tried to +rep you for the blog comments thread but it says I can't since I've rep'd you not long ago. Maybe next time. ;)

Jan 13, 2007
[QUOTE="RawK_Solid, post: 0]What? I preordered from Gamestop, but they haven't mentioned anything.

If it's really October 7th, what's the fuss over all this beta stuff? lol[/quote]

If its true, then this decision was made today and noone else knows but MM and Sony. Maybe the web guy published too early. Or it was some kind of typo, simple as that. Sony's phones should start ringing any minute now. I hope it is true though because my wallet is going to take a serious *** kicking in a couple of weeks.

PattiJuve

Apprentice
Sep 8, 2007
WOW you people must have the eyesight of **** house rats, i got the same e-mail and didn't notice the first time.

Fingers crossed they suprise us and bring it early.

T2OY

Superior Member
Nov 17, 2006
I just checked my e-mail and sure enough the e-mail from Sony with the LBP add had available October 7th at the bottom. This would all kind of awesomeness if true!!

R

Rapture

I don't think it's a typo. I mean, that's a bad typo for someone who is not supposed to make a typo. Then it's overlooked at least once I'm sure. Somethings up.

RawK_Solid

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2008
I checked my email and got the same thing from Playstation Underground.

I double checked all the game sites and they all say 10/21 still. Either this breaking news or a typo. I'm thinking it has to be a typo. You would think there would have been a leak or an official announcement by Sony or MM to spread the good news before this was sent out.

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
It would be quite awesome if true, all the good games are coming out at the end of the month, would be nice to have this one early.

ManaBurnX

Shogun of the Ban Thread
Apr 6, 2008
[QUOTE="T2OY, post: 0]I just checked my e-mail and sure enough the e-mail from Sony with the LBP add had available October 7th at the bottom. This would all kind of awesomeness if true!![/quote]

Yeah, I got the same email. It probably is a mistake but it would be awesome if it really was released that early. Still getting closer and closer to it though!

Jan 9, 2007
its a pretty bad mistake if it is one as i dont remember the game EVER having a 7th ship date .. it had been the 14th for awhile but im sure that sony didnt want this and socom competing with each other ...

but if it were true it would be awesome for sure ..

RobJackson85

PHAT boy gone slim
Mar 25, 2007
England
I've just received an email from Amazon (UK) saying that the game's been brought forward to the 24th :( I know the UK is stated a day or two after the US but I can't remember the original date! So no idea how far forward it is.