LittleBigPlanet finally gets Online Create Mode

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
LittleBigPlanet getting online create mode on Nov. 30

by Andrew Yoon
{ Nov 27th 2009 at 9:30AM }

Since the game's launch, LittleBigPlanet fans have only been able to create new levels offline. Over a year after initially promising a patch, Media Molecule is finally ready to unveil its online Create mode. Coming in the 1.21 "Leerdammer" patch, online Create works exactly as expected: you'll be able to invite friends to your Pod and work collaboratively on new levels. The most important improvement over the offline Create mode is the camera: each player gets his or her own camera, allowing them to work on different parts of the level simultaneously. For veteran creators, this should speed up the process quite significantly.

In addition to the online Create mode, "Leerdammer" also rewrites LBP''s network code for improved performance and smarter matchmaking. The LBP save system has also been revamped, allowing players to store more community items than ever before. Finally, a slew of minor tweaks are also included in the patch, which you can read about after the break.

[Thanks, Pumapayam!]
Other enhancements, according to Media Molecule:

• If you play a level but do not complete it, a silver Sackboy medal will be displayed on the badge, to get a gold medal you must complete the level.
  • The LittleBigStore a bit easier to navigate and also to download things after purchase.
  • There is now an option to 'Auto-Reject' invitations from other players. The option is in 'Profile Settings'. If you have this set to 'On, no one will be able to join you unless you choose to 'Play Online'. This setting is not saved to your profile and needs to be set every time you play.
  • Sticker switches have been made more noticeable and give better feedback to the player when attempting to place stickers on them.
  • Checkpoints can now be activated using switches.
  • Race Gates can be made thin again!
  • You can now use the Sticker and Decoration tool and turn Sackboy around while in Customisation mode.
  • Added the QWERTY keyboard layout to the text chat menu.
  • Play, Create, Share scores have been removed – we thought these scores were a good idea but they never worked in the way we wanted them to. They may return one day. Maybe.
  • If you collect a key whilst playing a community level, you will now see the level unlocking for you once the level you are playing has been completed. You can also search for linked levels in the search menu.
  • Pressing
    and
    while browsing community levels can now show you the name or the author of each level on the earth as well as the Heart Count and Rating.
Source - http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/27/littlebigplanet-getting-online-create-mode-on-nov-30/

Empty_Cans

Superior Member
Jun 20, 2007
England
www.youtube.com
FINALLY :D, Be good to be able to create some levels with friends and family online instead of sharing the screen, it was annoying when you had to go in different directions of the map and then the camera having to zoom out, not being able to see what you were doing.

chumdiddy

Apprentice
Aug 9, 2007
cool but one issue:

what if you have 2-3 people creating online together and one is doing fine while the other, across the level, just messed up. If the player that messed up hits the rewind button, does it also rewind the correct stuff the other player just made?

do you understand?

that would kinda suck if u had to keep remaking something you already made because someone else keeps messing up and rewinding.

thx

The Cage

Master Poster
Mar 6, 2007
[QUOTE="chumdiddy, post: 0]cool but one issue:

what if you have 2-3 people creating online together and one is doing fine while the other, across the level, just messed up. If the player that messed up hits the rewind button, does it also rewind the correct stuff the other player just made?

do you understand?

that would kinda suck if u had to keep remaking something you already made because someone else keeps messing up and rewinding.

thx[/quote]

Watch the video in this thread and you will understand how it works
http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227638

Cheers

The Cage

Master Poster
Mar 6, 2007
[QUOTE="chumdiddy, post: 0]Thx for the reply.

I did watch it and it leaves the question. If the player that messed up asks for a rewind, does it rewind ALL the work done by ALL the players?

THX.[/quote]
I'm not sure to be honest ...

and np :)

progz

Superior Member
Jul 13, 2007
New York
Does anyone know if it fixed the online problems? If so... looks like I gotta buy the game of the year edition! I hope someone could telll me by tonight since the game is on sale and I would rather like to buy it today then another day.

Sep 9, 2007
[QUOTE="progz, post: 0]Does anyone know if it fixed the online problems? If so... looks like I gotta buy the game of the year edition! I hope someone could telll me by tonight since the game is on sale and I would rather like to buy it today then another day.[/quote]

Yes. It´s almost no lag. I had a LOT of lag before the update so now it´s playable online again.