Liverpool FC Thread: Remember the 96

Feb 22, 2008
[QUOTE="Sam_From_Space, post: 0]Oh yeah, I was at that game (The burnley game) . A team of reserves and under 21's playing half heartedly against a lowly club. All the bigger clubs seem to have lost intrest in the FA Cup .[/quote]

Only too true arsenal don't care look at what happened at OT the big teams play lip service to the f.a cup.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
A nice 3-2 victory for us except Torres and Mascherano everyone else played **** but there's always a diamond in a sack of **** in a Fernando Torres HATRICK!!!

nightcrawler

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2007
nice to see liverpool fans chatting together and not inviting Arsenal supporter(me) to make the thread interesting. loool just messing around ,it the EPL spirit

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="nightcrawler, post: 0]nice to see liverpool fans chatting together and not inviting Arsenal supporter(me) to make the thread interesting. loool just messing around ,it the EPL spirit[/quote]
I have no problem with arsenal supporters although Man united supporters with their arrogant comments are not welcome :)
On another note well done to spurs it was worth watching to see the look on terry's face what a bunch of bad losers :)

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]I have no problem with arsenal supporters although Man united supporters with their arrogant comments are not welcome :)
On another note well done to spurs it was worth watching to see the look on terry's face what a bunch of bad losers :)[/QUOTE]

United fans with our arrogant comments?... yeah so an yway.

Anybody else see that Eduardo injury, one of the worst i've ever seen, hope he recovers soon because that's going to be difficult to get back from.

Feb 20, 2008
smouch.net
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]I have no problem with arsenal supporters although Man united supporters with their arrogant comments are not welcome :)
On another note well done to spurs it was worth watching to see the look on terry's face what a bunch of bad losers :)[/QUOTE]

Hey! Arrogance just comes naturally to us. It's the amount of trophies we win.:D

Danny2304

Master Poster
Feb 13, 2008
Liverpool, England
^^ So!!

Anyhooo I'M glad Chelscum got beat today the bunch of To**ers :p They wont win anything this season. I guess the fans will be going to Upton park next week to watch west ham hahahah bad loosers!!

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
Premiership Goals: 11
Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)
Premiership Goals: 8

Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
Premiership Goals: 15

Torres has scored only 4 less league goals than rooney and tevez together and cost less than both of them.:snicker

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
At least Tevez and Rooney have scored against teams that are half decent. The only decent team Torres has scored past is Chelsea, but let's face it he was facing off against Ben Haim. But i actually like Torres I do think he is a good player. In all honestly were would you say your team would be at this point in the season had Torres not of joined you.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]At least Tevez and Rooney have scored against teams that are half decent. The only decent team Torres has scored past is Chelsea, but let's face it he was facing off against Ben Haim. But i actually like Torres I do think he is a good player. In all honestly were would you say your team would be at this point in the season had Torres not of joined you.[/quote]
I dont know a bit lower but where would united be without Rooney correct me if im wrong but all the games you have lost Rooney wasn't playing. Also a man united striker will score more goals because man united always create more chances irrelevant on the strikers ability. If Torres was at man u or arsenal he would have 20 goals at least he gets fed scraps at the moment. Also Ronaldo go's awol in most big league games i heard in the last 24 or something league games against the other big 3 he has only scored once.

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]At least Tevez and Rooney have scored against teams that are half decent. The only decent team Torres has scored past is Chelsea, but let's face it he was facing off against Ben Haim. But i actually like Torres I do think he is a good player. In all honestly were would you say your team would be at this point in the season had Torres not of joined you.[/quote]
how do U want him to score against Man U with Ferdinand infront of his face???!:bang:
but Torres used to play better with Atl Madrid than he do now, he also used 2 be a nightmare for the other clubs specially Barcelona, still wanna see more of Torres even though i think Spanish players don't achive very much in the premier league anyway goodluck for him and for Liverpool

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
You have a point, that's one of the reasons I still don't think Ronaldo is the "best player in the world" yet. Kaka single handedly took us down in both legs in the Champions League, one of the reasons i think he deserves that title.

[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]how do U want him to score against Man U with Ferdinand infront of his face???!:bang:
[/QUOTE]

I don't, but it's exactly my point.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]how do U want him to score against Man U with Ferdinand infront of his face???!:bang:
but Torres used to play better with Atl Madrid than he do now, he also used 2 be a nightmare for the other clubs specially Barcelona, still wanna see more of Torres even though i think Spanish players don't achive very much in the premier league anyway goodluck for him and for Liverpool[/quote]
Im sorry but that dont add up at Atletico Madrid he scored 91 goals in 243 appearances. At Liverpool he has scored 21 goals in 31 appearances. Anyway this is his first season and he has achieved more than Henry and Drogba in their first seasons and has yet to hit his prime i see very good things for Torres in the future.

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
Liverpool FC. Best Football team on the planet 8)

How was Torres' Hatrick last weekend. What a bunch of goals. If we didn't have him, we would be in some serious trouble i believe.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Danny2304, post: 0]True that!!

And Phaded we could say exactly the same about Ronaldo :) where would yous be?[/QUOTE]

We were still winning the title before Ronaldo.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
Oh yeah Phaded in response to your comment about Torres not scoring against the big teams i remembered he didn't play Chelsea away(injured) and played only 20mins of arsenal(injured) so only played 3 games against top 3. Also we finished third in 2 consecutive seasons and won CL and FA cup without Torres.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
I can't see how anyone can bash Torres..He is amazing and got everything in his play.

Who here actually goes, supports and watches the team they like play?

Nov 14, 2007
www.clubcaptain.co.uk
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
Premiership Goals: 11
Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)
Premiership Goals: 8

Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
Premiership Goals: 15

Torres has scored only 4 less league goals than rooney and tevez together and cost less than both of them.:snicker[/quote]

Ronaldo cost less than half as much as Torres. What's your point?

[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]how do U want him to score against Man U with Ferdinand infront of his face???!:bang:[/quote]

Bingo - he couldn't score against us. Two decent centre-backs and not a goal to be seen. I'd expect Arsenal and Chelsea would be able to marshall him out of a game too.

[QUOTE="stoneyps3, post: 0]I can't see how anyone can bash Torres..He is amazing and got everything in his play.

Who here actually goes, supports and watches the team they like play?

I used to have a season ticket at Old Trafford. Been going since 86 when I was 12 and finally gave it up when it went up from £545 to £694 three years ago. Same ticket including the ACS would have cost £1237 so far this season and that's without the prospect of getting past Lyon, which would take it to £1286. Pricing the locals out really, when you look at the demographics of Salford, Stretford, etc.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
I know it's crazy prices nowerdays and unfair. I been watching AFCB since I was 2. My dad use to go all the time and my mum would be sleeping in the day because of working nights so use to take me and my brother with him...He stopped going when I was about 13 and I just carried on going since (22 now)

It kills me now with the financial situation they are in and clubs are spending 30 odd million on players..If we had 3 million we would be safe.

Loyal supporters..loyal supporters

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
Are you retarded UnitedRoadRed? I didnt mention Ronaldo just Rooney and Tevez which both cost more than Torres. Read things properly in future idiot.
Also you would expect Ferdinand to stop most players considering he cost 29mil WHAT A JOKE and from what i remember Torres got through a few times but missed a couple of sitters.

lazyb

Apprentice
Nov 20, 2007
Torres is Liverpool's saving grace this year and im suprised at how quickly he has settled in the EPL. It took Tevez along time to bed in, same with Henry same with Drogba, but in less than half a season he was looking like a consumate premiership striker.

Shame about Rafa Benitez's tinkering, maybe Sven should give him some advice on how to kick the habit?

mudshark

Dedicated Member
Feb 11, 2007
looking for the Sky remote!
I cant see Liverpool ever winning the PL under Rafa, he just tinkers with the team far too often, and for me, his squad simply isnt good enough. The top 3 mainly play their strongest teams and when they do tinker they are still more successful because they have more strength in depth.

I am sure the likes of Babbel will become very good players but they need time to adapt to our game. As for Torres, he is indeed a class act and I am amazed that he doesnt play every game, sure he would under Ferguson/Wenger.

I have a funny feeling that Liverpool will win the CL league this year tho..as your style is suited to it, as proven over the last couple of years.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="mudshark, post: 0]I cant see Liverpool ever winning the PL under Rafa, he just tinkers with the team far too often, and for me, his squad simply isnt good enough. The top 3 mainly play their strongest teams and when they do tinker they are still more successful because they have more strength in depth.

I am sure the likes of Babbel will become very good players but they need time to adapt to our game. As for Torres, he is indeed a class act and I am amazed that he doesnt play every game, sure he would under Ferguson/Wenger.

I have a funny feeling that Liverpool will win the CL league this year tho..as your style is suited to it, as proven over the last couple of years.[/quote]
Agreed we have a lot of squad players that wouldn't get into Man u,Chelsea or arsenal and that class players like Alonso,Riise and others are not performing up to the standards. we have a bright future with players like Torres,Babel and Lucas we just need 1 or 2 more world class attacking players and i think we could mount a serious title challenge.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Agreed we have a lot of squad players that wouldn't get into Man u,Chelsea or arsenal and that class players like Alonso,Riise and others are not performing up to the standards. we have a bright future with players like Torres,Babel and Lucas we just need 1 or 2 more world class attacking players and i think we could mount a serious title challenge.[/QUOTE]

Rofl?... sorry but that is delusion of the highest quality. I can name only 2 out of your whole squad that any 3 of those teams might want, and that is Torres and Gerrard. Even picking Gerrard is generous, because Chelsea have Lampard, Arsenal have Fabregas, and let's face it when we played you earlier in the season Anderson had Gerrard in his back pocket. However i would say all 3 lack a quality striker like Torres.

Okay you may say Adbeayor and Drogba, but i think Torres is much more of a predator, as a United fan i will admit i would salivate at the prospect of having Torres and Rooney upfront.

One thing i personally think Liverpool lack is a real good winger, maybe Babel in a few seasons. At the moment i just don't players like Pennant cut it. I was kinda shocked to see no truth in the Quaresma rumors last summer, obviously i wouldn't of wanted him to join Liverpool but he's an excellent winger.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Rofl?... sorry but that is delusion of the highest quality. I can name only 2 out of your whole squad that any 3 of those teams might want, and that is Torres and Gerrard. Even picking Gerrard is generous, because Chelsea have Lampard, Arsenal have Fabregas, and let's face it when we played you earlier in the season Anderson had Gerrard in his back pocket. However i would say all 3 lack a quality striker like Torres.

Okay you may say Adbeayor and Drogba, but i think Torres is much more of a predator, as a United fan i will admit i would salivate at the prospect of having Torres and Rooney upfront.

One thing i personally think Liverpool lack is a real good winger, maybe Babel in a few seasons. At the moment i just don't players like Pennant cut it. I was kinda shocked to see no truth in the Quaresma rumors last summer, obviously i wouldn't of wanted him to join Liverpool but he's an excellent winger.[/quote]
LOL you are obviously biast but i can name a few players that would make it into the other top 3 Reina,Agger(in a year or so)Mascherano makes Carrick look like a championship player. You sir are delusional all you go on about is one game one ****ing game oh wait Ronaldo was silenced by arbeloa so hes ****? go post in your man united thread cos you know **** all.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
I know **** all? how can you sit there and call me biased after making posts like the one above me. If you honestly think Reina can keep the likes of Van Der Sar, Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini on the bench then you are dreaming, same with Agger, there's no way he would be in the first team ahead of Ferdinand, Vidic, Terry, Carvalho, Gallas etc, that's just ludicrous.

How do i keep going on about one game? i mentioned the game we played against you once, in my previous post, and if you had watched the match then surely you would of noticed we kept you quiet most of the afternoon. The only thing i can agree with you is on Mascherano, however i would say your being harsh on Carrick after all he was an integral part of our team last season when we won the league.

I would also like to see this game that Ronaldo was silenced by Arbeloa.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]I know **** all? how can you sit there and call me biased after making posts like the one above me. If you honestly think Reina can keep the likes of Van Der Sar, Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini on the bench then you are dreaming, same with Agger, there's no way he would be in the first team ahead of Ferdinand, Vidic, Terry, Carvalho, Gallas etc, that's just ludicrous.

How do i keep going on about one game? i mentioned the game we played against you once, in my previous post, and if you had watched the match then surely you would of noticed we kept you quiet most of the afternoon. The only thing i can agree with you is on Mascherano, however i would say your being harsh on Carrick after all he was an integral part of our team last season when we won the league.

I would also like to see this game that Ronaldo was silenced by Arbeloa.[/quote]
I dont watch matches you see i only have a season ticket and you sound like those mugs who watch it on sky or setanta. Reina is as good as van der sar (he is a very overrated goal keeper). You were saying that because Gerrard had 1 bad game against Man u that he would not make it into another top team. LAUGHABLE AT MOST the only reason you kept us quiet was by having 11 men behind the ball.