Liverpool FC Thread: Remember the 96

Danny2304

Master Poster
Feb 13, 2008
Liverpool, England
haha i know how can you start Torres on the bench i don't know what goes on in Rafa's head but he needs to sort it and the reason he doesn't stick to one team is that when he managed Valencia he rotated and won them the la liga and the uefa in one season and i think that rotation only works in la liga and the champions league.

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah something definitely has to be worked out between Torres and Rafa there. I mean, he is a top footballer that they spent heaps of money on and he just can't be neglected like that. They need him consistently in the starting line up so that they can hopefully get that quick edge on their opponents. With a quick lead in the first half, it makes things a whole lot easier.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
Another convincing win today the Torres and Gerrard combination is tantalising and also another clean sheet which is always nice. A bit more pressure on King Kev but who gives a ****.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
"King Kev" :lol:, as much as i don't like Liverpool it was great to see them owning Newcastle yesterday. Kev will be gone by the end of the season and if this keeps up they will be relegated.

Aug 12, 2007
Brilliant result yesterday :D One step to securing the illusive fourth champions league spot. Im not sure what I would do if Everton got it

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Rhysivich1, post: 0]Brilliant result yesterday :D One step to securing the illusive fourth champions league spot. Im not sure what I would do if Everton got it[/quote]
We would then have to win CL to qualify as holders. I mean even if everton did get 4th they are out of their depth and lost to Florienta and would get humiliated in CL.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Another convincing win today the Torres and Gerrard combination is tantalising and also another clean sheet which is always nice. A bit more pressure on King Kev but who gives a ****.[/quote]
So much for 'Special K' :lol:

I think Rafa is starting to realise rotating is getting him nowhere and with Torres scoring 7 in his last 3 games he cant drop him again, his name is pretty much now printed on the teamsheet with Gerrard and he just fills in the other 9. :-D

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
Another brilliant match. I don't have Foxtel at home so it was a great surprise to be able to watch the game in my Hotel room on Saturday. Great game to watch too. Some more Gerrard and Torres class however i don't think much of Pennant nor Lucas. I have always doubted them and after watching the weekend's game quite closely, i am beginning to think less and less of them. Pennant's goal was lucky, lets face it. But he also didn't do too much at all along with Lucas. I suppose i'll wait and see how they start to perform in later games...

Good result though. ;-) Keep it going Reds!

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Miney, post: 0]Another brilliant match. I don't have Foxtel at home so it was a great surprise to be able to watch the game in my Hotel room on Saturday. Great game to watch too. Some more Gerrard and Torres class however i don't think much of Pennant nor Lucas. I have always doubted them and after watching the weekend's game quite closely, i am beginning to think less and less of them. Pennant's goal was lucky, lets face it. But he also didn't do too much at all along with Lucas. I suppose i'll wait and see how they start to perform in later games...

Good result though. ;-) Keep it going Reds![/quote]
Thats harsh on Lucas he is 20 football players don't develop overnight don't be so harsh on players.

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Thats harsh on Lucas he is 20 football players don't develop overnight don't be so harsh on players.[/quote]

Yeah i realise that but i still really don't think he has any potential personally. I mean, they usually start to show something within a team by this age.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Considering what you said it makes me laugh harder that a Liverpool fan i talk to sais Anderson is just a poor mans Lucas.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Torres dived first leg, Materazzi sent off
Lucas dives second leg, another sending off.

I'm sensing a pattern.

Good goal from Torres though.

Aug 12, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Torres dived first leg, Materazzi sent off

I'm sensing a pattern.

Good goal from Torres though.[/quote]

Yea, bad sending off today I'll give you, wasn't the best performance from the ref, but then again - I'm not complaining :D

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007

I'm sensing a pattern.

Cant you just say well done i know the rivalry and all but that Torres goal was sweet. Also remember when they bribed the ref back in 1965 to turn around a 3-1 deficit sweet revenge if you ask me.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Cant you just say well done i know the rivalry and all but that Torres goal was sweet. Also remember when they bribed the ref back in 1965 to turn around a 3-1 deficit sweet revenge if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I can't say well done to anybody who wins in circumstances like that, regardless of rivalry.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008

I'm sensing a pattern.

Both were harsh, but neither were diving, Torres did get pulled back and Lucas did get hit.

But even without the sending off's Liverpool were all over Inter in the first leg and looked the most dangerous in the second.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
For one of the best teams in Europe, supposedly, Inter didn't even make any effort. Barnsley could of put up a better fight.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]I can't say well done to anybody who wins in circumstances like that, regardless of rivalry.[/quote]

But wasn't it Man Utd in the 90's that if they was not winning at home they seemed to get about 5 minutes injury time and if they got about 3 fergie was up in arms about it. Same about that goal that was 3 yards over the line against Tottenham that didn't count.

What goes around comes around.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]What goes around comes around is no way in context with what we were talking about.[/quote]
Its true though man united play with 14 players at home the ref and 2 linesman.

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
Another great win 8) Was able to watch it as well since it was Broadcasted on SBS and not on Foxtel like everything else. Another great goal by Torres and another great overall win by Liverpool ;-)

Aug 12, 2007
Another win for Liverpool today, things are certainly on the up. I would have prefered a more conving goal margin, but a wins a win.