Liverpool FC Thread: Remember the 96

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
Good result today I for one am very disappointed with Torres today only 1 goal!! :)
Cracking goal from reading but the Mascherano goal was not bad either. Bring on the SCUM bout time we got a result in the SCUM castle.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Good result today I for one am very disappointed with Torres today only 1 goal!! :)
Cracking goal from reading but the Mascherano goal was not bad either. Bring on the SCUM bout time we got a result in the SCUM castle.[/QUOTE]

You'll thrash us if we played like we did today, was shocking at times, and against Derby of all teams.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Seems like a contender for goal of the season from Reading though, what a cracker.[/quote]
I think goal of the season has to be the Scott Carson own goal, what a peach.

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah Torres is playing well. Almost a goal a game over the passed couple of games. And most of them havn't been easy either, he has at least had to move :p

Good to see we're finally playing good football. The test will be against Manchester United and Arsenal within the next couple of weeks. Time will tell.

Danny2304

Master Poster
Feb 13, 2008
Liverpool, England
[QUOTE="Miney, post: 0]Yeah Torres is playing well. Almost a goal a game over the passed couple of games. And most of them haven't been easy either, he has at least had to move :p
[/quote]

Unlike Tevez :D :D :D

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
What's Tevez got to do with anything?, at least he's scored past decent teams, the exception being for Torres Ben Haim of Chelsea and an Inter Milan team that didn't even turn up.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
Trust me Torres can score against good teams, It's his first season.

I watch a lot of La Liga On TV and Live because my parents live quite close to the Mestella (Valencia) ground so I have been lucky to watch quite a bit of it.

La Liga is a class league I just wish I could watch more of it. You can't get a ticket to see em play Madrid but you can against Barca it's a strange one.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]What's Tevez got to do with anything?, at least he's scored past decent teams, the exception being for Torres Ben Haim of Chelsea and an Inter Milan team that didn't even turn up.[/quote]
Face it Tevez is an over rated **** Maradona. Torres has played against Chelsea and scored. Injured for Chelsea away game and Arsenal home game.
So in the league he has a 0.5 ratio of goals scored against top 3. Whats your point then?....
Your constant bashing of Torres is laughable but i suppose mancs cant see a decent player unless they play for united. Tevez cost 30mil+ Torres cost 25mil i know who i would choose.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Bashing Torres? I've actually posted before that I like Torres and that I wished he played for United, it's your fans need to justify your purchase of Torres by comparing him against players like Tevez that is laughable. But am i not right? most of his goals have been against teams like Derby.

I wouldn't call Tevez overrated, i would just call him a completely different forward to Torres, he's one that drops off and plays off a Target man, same as Rooney, which is why i always wanted United to sign Torres before he joined Pool.

mudshark

Dedicated Member
Feb 11, 2007
looking for the Sky remote!
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Bashing Torres? I've actually posted before that I like Torres and that I wished he played for United, it's your fans need to justify your purchase of Torres by comparing him against players like Tevez that is laughable. But am i not right? most of his goals have been against teams like Derby.

I wouldn't call Tevez overrated, i would just call him a completely different forward to Torres, he's one that drops off and plays off a Target man, same as Rooney, which is why i always wanted United to sign Torres before he joined Pool.[/quote]

agreed....totally different players...both excellent.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Bashing Torres? I've actually posted before that I like Torres and that I wished he played for United, it's your fans need to justify your purchase of Torres by comparing him against players like Tevez that is laughable. But am i not right? most of his goals have been against teams like Derby.

I wouldn't call Tevez overrated, i would just call him a completely different forward to Torres, he's one that drops off and plays off a Target man, same as Rooney, which is why i always wanted United to sign Torres before he joined Pool.[/quote]
The only reason people are comparing Torres to Tevez is because they were both a similiar transfer fee, well united havnt bought him yet but i presume they will.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
Both Torres and Tevez are good players, I would perfer Torres over Tevez and thankfully I have that, but I think Liverpool need to find a perfect (consistant) partner for Torres.

Metal Warrior

Master Poster
Nov 18, 2005
Antwerp
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Face it Tevez is an over rated **** Maradona. Torres has played against Chelsea and scored. Injured for Chelsea away game and Arsenal home game.
So in the league he has a 0.5 ratio of goals scored against top 3. Whats your point then?....
Your constant bashing of Torres is laughable but i suppose mancs cant see a decent player unless they play for united. Tevez cost 30mil+ Torres cost 25mil i know who i would choose.[/QUOTE]

Yet you are calling Tevez overrated? It's one thing to support a team, it's another to be so horribly unnuanced towards other players. Tevez isn't Maradona, but he isn't overrated either. He is a brilliant player. Sure Torres' goalscoring capability is better than his, but Tevez is slightly better at running with the ball and creating space. He's not a bad finisher himself either, but it's his hard work and positioning that make him get those easy tap-ins. They're both excellent players with different qualities. I'd even say they're pretty complementary players, they'd make a good striker couple (as would Rooney - Torres). But they have one thing in common, they're both a giant threat if they're not marked tightly.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
I'm not gonna brag because some people won't take it kindly, but we deserved the win.

Mascherano's sending off? his own fault, maybe the ref was a bit harsh for the second yellow but why the hell should the referee deal with the abuse? there was no need for Mascherano to run 20 odd yards to the ref to mouth off, let the captain ask what's going on.

Mar 20, 2008
Sending off was stupid he was clearly asking whats happening. Torres yellow card for being kicked?!?! If Gerrard/Rooney was asking the ref instead of Masch there would have been no sending off.The Ashley cole controversy midweek I think forced his decision even more. As for Reina he was my man of the match for us kept us in it although delt with crosses very badly. He does have the most clean sheets this season though :)

Metal Warrior

Master Poster
Nov 18, 2005
Antwerp
[QUOTE="xIrishAssassinx, post: 0]Sending off was stupid he was clearly asking whats happening. Torres yellow card for being kicked?!?! If Gerrard/Rooney was asking the ref instead of Masch there would have been no sending off.The Ashley cole controversy midweek I think forced his decision even more. As for Reina he was my man of the match for us kept us in it although delt with crosses very badly. He does have the most clean sheets this season though :)[/QUOTE]

You don't know that. According to the ref's report he had been hurling abusive words at him and the linesmen on a few occasions, and if he doesn't stop than a second yellow isn't out of order. Nothing weird about Torres' yellow card either, he was protesting and some refs give easy yellow cards for that. Not saying I think it's a proper punishment for it (if it was done without abusive words), but that's just how some refs work. He also booked Ferdinand for unsporting behaviour when clearing the ball after a foul rather than kicking it away purposely. He was just a bit strict that match, probably after all the stuff that's been said in the press.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="xIrishAssassinx, post: 0]Sending off was stupid he was clearly asking whats happening. Torres yellow card for being kicked?!?! If Gerrard/Rooney was asking the ref instead of Masch there would have been no sending off.The Ashley cole controversy midweek I think forced his decision even more. As for Reina he was my man of the match for us kept us in it although delt with crosses very badly. He does have the most clean sheets this season though :)[/QUOTE]

I actually think had that of not happened then there Mascherano wouldn't of been sent off, it was kind of like making an example. But on the replays you can clearly see Mascherano telling the referee to "**** off" multiple times throughout the game.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
YAWN... Yet another 1-1 draw with Arsenal the 3rd this season although Im optimistic we will qualify for the semi's.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]YAWN... Yet another 1-1 draw with Arsenal the 3rd this season although Im optimistic we will qualify for the semi's.[/quote]
But todays was without our full team, which puts us in a great position on tuesday.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Xelis, post: 0]But todays was without our full team, which puts us in a great position on tuesday.[/quote]
Did you actually see our team? we played a 20 year old reserve player for his debut in the line up and rested Torres,Gerrard,Babel,Kuyt,Aurelio,Alonso and others where as Arsenal had pretty much a full squad except Adebayor and Arsenal were still outplayed in the first half.

G

Gotmilk

you all wish that fergie managed your teams yes your arsenal and liverpool and that the united squad were in your respective kits come on admit it lol perfer liverpool over arsenal and chelski any day perdict that united will win next season aswell as this one to make it a hat-trick liverpool will come second (hopefully as they deserve to if they can be more consistant) and chelski and ARSEnal will fight over 3rd and fourth wenger is losing it imo and who is this grant fellow wont be here next season unless chelski sugar daddy is still smoking the white stuff

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Gotmilk, post: 0]you all wish that fergie managed your teams yes your arsenal and liverpool and that the united squad were in your respective kits come on admit it lol perfer liverpool over arsenal and chelski any day perdict that united will win next season aswell as this one to make it a hat-trick liverpool will come second (hopefully as they deserve to if they can be more consistant) and chelski and ARSEnal will fight over 3rd and fourth wenger is losing it imo and who is this grant fellow wont be here next season unless chelski sugar daddy is still smoking the white stuff[/quote]
If you understood anything about the football culture in England you would realize that I would rather see Liverpool get relegated Anfield burnt down and while your at it piss on Shankly and Paisley than Fergie managing Liverpool.