Los Santos

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
Ok, i've always wondered about this since GTAIV....

Do any of you Americanites actually live in the city that GTA5 is based in? IE Los Angeles / California etc, and is it realistic to you guys?

Obviously it is a fictional setting but it must be copied from real life!?

Can you drive around knowing exactly where places are and how to get there because you live there in real life?

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
I do not live in the U.S and yet i can tell you. Down to a T

It is an exact copy of L.A into L.S and what a copy it is

I have seen plenty of Doc's about L.A and the History of L.A, to know it is an exact copy...

:icon_thumleft:

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
I've seen plenty of movies which are set around there, and loved watching Entourage, so everywhere feels 'familiar'

I just want to know how exact it is from people who actually live in L.A.

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="-Dj-, post: 6207346]YeP L.A is on a island in California [/QUOTE]
WTf you talking abouit maaaan????

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
It's similar, but far from exact. Large sections are missing. Between Marina Del Rey and Port of LA in the game there is only the airport, which is ignoring Playa Del Rey, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Palos Verdes Estates and Ranchos Palos Verdes.

I lived on the Westside so that's primarily what I know, and the same goes for there. Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica is there but it's far from how it actually is. Then my favorite place in Marina Del Rey isn't there, nor are more recognizable buildings. Venice Beach has some very similar layouts but then has very different ones. Some of the small things in Santa Monica are there like the area meant to be the water recycling area is there and they gave the area a small incline, though in real life that incline is much steeper, as well as there being more beach between there and Venice Beach.

It's also disappointing they didn't do their own version of the clown at CVS in Venice/Santa Monica.

I could probably point out dozens more cases of things being similar and things being different. In the end, they did enough to make it look like what it's supposed to and for you to recognize where you're supposed to be in real life. Some small things are there while others aren't and the same for the big things.

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="-Dj-, post: 6207543]i went to L.A this year because i was bored and i saw that stupid clown thing :lol:[/QUOTE]
wouldnt that be classed as a mirror? :snicker

(i jest, i jest)