Love you sony!

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
I got my ps3 back today after about 4 months without it....sent it away 2 weeks ago and today i got back the black beast and guess what....it was in plastic wrapping and the case is absolutely perfect so i can only assume for all practical purposes that i have a brand new machine!!!!

And also i just played home and i am very very impressed with what they have done....i mean the implementation of tv screens and stuff in the actual game...who would of thought it would work so well, at least it does for me

and just the final props to Sony Customer Service...despite some people's complaints on these forums i found them very helpful and polite indeed and they actually wanted to help me get my ps3 fixed under warranty (which it was but i had lost the reciet, but thanks to the sony reps they made it very easy for me)

Stoffinator

Power Member
May 23, 2005
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Trust me its not a new machine, it just looks new. The facility that fixes them shrinks wraps them. Thats how mine came back too.

Glad you found their support helpful, they weren't to me. In fact, they called me a liar when I said I knew people who had their PS3 fixed by them at no charge that were not under warranty. They said that everyone pays that is policy. Which I know is ****.

But hope it stays working for yeah.

K

karbineftw

[QUOTE="Luner_Chaos, post: 0]4 months? :shock:

Did they walk it to you?[/quote]
haha made me laugh. +rep
didn't you say it took 2 weeks though?

Aug 14, 2008
im not having much luck with my ps3 atm, lately ive been glued to CoD 5 and cant stop playing it, however the past week ive been severely worried about my ps3, its kicking me off games online in CoD AND HALF WAY THROUGH A GAME IT KEEPS SAYING CONNECTION INTERUPTED!!! I HAVE CHECKED MY SIGNAL << sorry bout caps accident lol... and my signal is 100%!!?? also i have disconnection my connection reconnected so its a fresh start but yet still it keeps happening to me...also yday my ps3 (only when im playing with friends online in CoD ) keeps signin me out of psn when im playing either nazi zombies online or just playing online im really worried and dont know what this could be can any one help?? oh and ps yday my ps3 just crashed !? i was on CoD playing and next thing i know black screen and it comes up saying "system software cannot run properly, press the ps button to rrestart ps3 system if the system cannot restart , plug in removable device and download software then press start and select button at the same time" some one PLEASE HELP i dont want my ps3 to die! thanks in advance

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="Luner_Chaos, post: 0]4 months? :shock:

Did they walk it to you?[/quote]

no he only called them up two weeks ago, hes had it broken for about 4 months, just not done anything about getting it fixed.

and123re

Superior Member
Jan 2, 2009
congratulations dude! it's good to hear some good comments about sony costumer service once in a while...

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Good to hear that you're impressed with HOME. I like it too.

Personally I have to agree with Sonys customer support I have never had a problem with them and always found them easy to deal with.

C

coldbloodied

[QUOTE="Stoffinator, post: 0]Trust me its not a new machine, it just looks new. The facility that fixes them shrinks wraps them. Thats how mine came back too.

Glad you found their support helpful, they weren't to me. In fact, they called me a liar when I said I knew people who had their PS3 fixed by them at no charge that were not under warranty. They said that everyone pays that is policy. Which I know is ****.

But hope it stays working for yeah.[/quote]

sony replace all the parts that are faulty in the refurb and then chage the shell i asked one of the UK reps about it who told me he was pretty cool.

Sorry Stoff but in Canada and USA you guys dont have the Sales of Goods Act which we do, sure we pay more Tax but then when something breaks were covered, even out of Warrenty if the item is Expensive and meant to last longer then warrenty period e.g 1 year.

LiamTG

Apprentice
Nov 7, 2007
I am on my third machine now, and tbh Sony have bene brilliant customer service wise. I asked them the question about warrenty and was told that with each replacement machine comes a new 12 month warrenty - after all they refurbed it.

LTG

Stoffinator

Power Member
May 23, 2005
Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="coldbloodied, post: 0]sony replace all the parts that are faulty in the refurb and then chage the shell i asked one of the UK reps about it who told me he was pretty cool.

Sorry Stoff but in Canada and USA you guys dont have the Sales of Goods Act which we do, sure we pay more Tax but then when something breaks were covered, even out of Warrenty if the item is Expensive and meant to last longer then warrenty period e.g 1 year.[/quote]

I'm well aware of the Sales and Good act in Europe, but these people I was refereeing to were American and Canadian. One was in B.C. Canada and had his PS3 replaced for free when it was no longer playing GTA4. There was another friend on my friends list from Toronto where I am, who also had his replaced when his would no longer turn on. Both were out of warranty. So I know Sony is full of **** when they say "everyone pays, its policy."

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Stoffinator, post: 0]Trust me its not a new machine, it just looks new. The facility that fixes them shrinks wraps them. Thats how mine came back too.

But hope it stays working for yeah.[/quote]

Most people who had their replaced for free were people in the UK or Europe.

EDIT:
Your friend with GTA4 had it replaced because of that very reason. People who weren't able to play GTA4 had theirs replaced. They could play other games though......so not sure why Sony replaced the entire unit.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
yeah i sent it away 2 weeks ago....but it took me like 3 months to realize i didn't have the reciet anymore until eventually i called up sony told them my problem and they said i could just use a bank statement (thank god i used a credit card to buy it, not in cash...tots forgot about that at the time)....so i faxed in my statement and about a day later i got an email with all the documents and stuff

oh and the reason i thought it was new was because there was a thread a few days ago about a guy who got his back but it was covered in scratches....i guess they replaced his shell with an old one...oh well im still happy

and is that true that with each refurb you get another 12 month warranty?? because that was my biggest gripe with the whole warranty thing and i even made a thread voicing my concern over it....because it seems only fair that another warranty be distributed if the console breaks within that time

May 29, 2007
.....pss..behind you
[QUOTE="ps3isthebestobe, post: 0]yeah i sent it away 2 weeks ago....but it took me like 3 months to realize i didn't have the reciet anymore until eventually i called up sony told them my problem and they said i could just use a bank statement (thank god i used a credit card to buy it, not in cash...tots forgot about that at the time)....so i faxed in my statement and about a day later i got an email with all the documents and stuff

oh and the reason i thought it was new was because there was a thread a few days ago about a guy who got his back but it was covered in scratches....i guess they replaced his shell with an old one...oh well im still happy

and is that true that with each refurb you get another 12 month warranty?? because that was my biggest gripe with the whole warranty thing and i even made a thread voicing my concern over it....because it seems only fair that another warranty be distributed if the console breaks within that time[/quote]

No it is not true. You get a 3 month warranty OR the remainder of your existing warranty will transfer to the new console. Whichever is longer. Atleast thats how it is in the US.

grat on gettin your PS3 back.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
hahah, well im in australia...and every sony rep that i spoke to was an american (im not sure if they work here in australia) but they were always really nice...gotta say the american language is pretty comforting

A-SIN

Dedicated Member
Dec 2, 2007
I rate their customer service as ok. Not too good, not too bad. However i never sent my PS3 their, i sent my Sony vaio FW laptop which had a broken hinge and a stuck space bar. And they replaced the whole casing with a brand new one and the laptop came back like new. The whole process took about a month, which includes sending it to them.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
thats a shame....btw does anyone know where i can find the far cry 2 game space in home, im from australia so im guessing im connected to the eurpopean version

L

Lunar_Chaos

[QUOTE="ps3isthebestobe, post: 0]thats a shame....btw does anyone know where i can find the far cry 2 game space in home, im from australia so im guessing im connected to the eurpopean version[/quote]

The only way to go to it is from the map.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
Sony's CS has been good to me I only had 1 problem though with my PS2 but they fixed it and sent it back without a hassle. I'm glad my PS3 isn't screwed up sorry to hear about everybody elses but im glad somebody got there system back and its working good.