Man...we're nerds *lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen1man

Apprentice
Mar 11, 2006
When drifting in the stagnate oceanic soup this forum has become as late, one begins to feel a weariness with the forums, a dulling drool out of the corner of our sleeping mental mouth (words/text). One day I noticed that literally, almost all the threads were either completely redundant, or merely the slightest variation of a topic concerning graphics, or price, I don't pretend to be above this; and one wonders why we keep returning too these forums, it is as if we cling to a shard of faith that says, "Today...today, something brand new will be posted, big news is coming today! Sony will reveal they are adding an additional 100mb of ram to make up for the OS loss. Microsoft will get a supposed PS3 exclusive!"

How many times do we get punished by monotony before we get exhausted of it? One suspects something deeper is going on here. Something in the undercurrent of our mental activity, we perhaps ignore or deny. Yes, in the shadow self the truth lies.

This kind of behavior is a pretty nerdy indication. Nerd is a relative term, however I have noticed relative to the majority amount of people I know, I am relatively pretty much a nerd...I have no 'issues' with this, I am embraced and ok with this fact...Just wondering how many of you think of yourselves as a "nerd :?: "

p.s. I am kind of intoxicated right now...

mcc

Superior Member
Oct 27, 2005
grumpybumpers.com
Zen1man said:
When drifting in the stagnant oceanic soup this forum has become as late, one begins to feel a weariness with the forums, a dulling drool out of the corner of our sleeping mental mouth (words/text). One day I noticed that literally, almost all the threads were either completely redundant, or merely the slightest variation of a topic concerning graphics, or price...I don't pretend to be above this.

Anyway, one wonders why we keep returning too these forums, it is as if we cling to a shard of faith that says, "Today...today, something brand new will be posted, big news is coming today! Sony will reveal they are adding an additional 100mb of ram to make up for the OS loss. Microsoft will get a supposed PS3 exclusive!"

How many times do we get punished by monotony before we get exausted of it? One suspects something deeper is going on here. Something in the undercurrent of our mental activity, we perhaps ignore or deny. Yes, in the shadow self the truth lies.

This kind of behavior is a pretty nerdy indication. Nerd is a relative term, however I have noticed relative to the majority amount of people I know, I am relatively pretty much a nerd...I have no 'issues' with this, I am embraced and ok with this fact...Just wondering how many of you think of yourselves as a "nerd :?: "
Um... I don't know, but I think before you can call yourself a nerd you need to learn to spell.

B

boomheadshot45

i know i'm a nerd, and i'm ok with it. Whoever buys a PS3 is a nerd. No random person will shell out 600 $ just for a console. Only people who will really use and want the best graphics and hardware. I think i speak for all of us, we're all nerds!

Mar 19, 2006
I don't come to these forums as much as to read news but to read comments by other members. We have some pretty funny people here.

And Zen1man, please stop using "one" in your sentences, it doesn't work when you use "one" to represent a person repeatedly.

How many times do we get punished by monotony before we get exhausted of it? One suspects something deeper is going on here. Something in the undercurrent of our mental activity, we perhaps ignore or deny. Yes, in the shadow self the truth lies.
Err.... icky

As long as you do stuff other than gaming, then you really can't be called a nerd/geek. It's people that make swords out of paper and carry them around the school and pretend to be anime characters that we need to be afraid of. :roll:

dmac

Superior Member
Feb 23, 2006
Zen1man, I will give a little intoxicated love (p.s. I'm intoxicated too). I thought that this is the absolute funniest thread I've ever seen. Everthing you said reminds me of something I would say right now. I must admit, we all have a little nerd in us, and I agree with you 100%.

I have a feeling that it i just a matter of time before this thread is locked the #^&@ up!

Defuser

Apprentice
Feb 6, 2006
dmac said:
Zen1man, I will give a little intoxicated love (p.s. I'm intoxicated too). I thought that this is the absolute funniest thread I've ever seen. Everthing you said reminds me of something I would say right now. I must admit, we all have a little nerd in us, and I agree with you 100%.

I have a feeling that it i just a matter of time before this thread is locked the #^&@ up!
HOS nomintee anyone?

Jan 18, 2006
I am of course a video game nerd. I love games. But I do have a life. I spend time with my girlfriend, watch movies with friends, help my mother bring up the groceries. You know the simple things in life. I only come to these forums because I cannot wait for the PS3. Literally. I have problem but it will be cured at launch. :)

May 17, 2006
Zen1man said:
When drifting in the stagnate oceanic soup this forum has become as late, one begins to feel a weariness with the forums, a dulling drool out of the corner of our sleeping mental mouth (words/text). One day I noticed that literally, almost all the threads were either completely redundant, or merely the slightest variation of a topic concerning graphics, or price, I don't pretend to be above this; and one wonders why we keep returning too these forums, it is as if we cling to a shard of faith that says, "Today...today, something brand new will be posted, big news is coming today! Sony will reveal they are adding an additional 100mb of ram to make up for the OS loss. Microsoft will get a supposed PS3 exclusive!"
I agree with everything there, but that dosent equal =Nerd.

Mar 19, 2006
This thread is SOOOOOOO random :lol: . If it is ever locked, I'd like to see this one (and that boob vs. PS3) thread in the hall of shame. :lol:

(P.S. I'm tired as hell from doing my homeworks, and tiredness is the same as intoxication.. hahahaha) I don't SPAM, that's a funny word SPAM

The_Only

Forum Sage
Feb 9, 2004
www.rebelreading.tk
PlayStation 3 iPlayer usage skyrocketed during the month of December 2010 by 31 percent in comparison to the previous month, according to the chaps at the BBC.

The report states that PS3 owners put in requests for seven million TV and radio programmes during the period, comfortably surpassing figures logged during the same time frame by Wii users.

Overall, the catch-up service saw 145 million requests for TV and radio broadcasts, representing a year-on-year increase of 27 percent. Among the most popular shows include Top Gear USA Road Trip (1.29 million), Top Gear Middle East Special (1.26 million) and The Apprentice Series 6 Episode 12 (892,000).

What, no EastEnders? Seems like the BBC's cockney rabble must be losing their touch...

Status
Not open for further replies.