Marvel’s Spider-Man Swings to PS4 September 7

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
You’ll see this cover adorning the standard edition of Marvel’s Spider-Man when it is available at retail and digitally for $59.99 MSRP. While many of you have been asking us to show the cover for the game, many more have wondered: will there be digital deluxe and collector’s editions of the game? You betcha, true believers — we’ve got both.

The Digital Deluxe edition of the game ($79.99 MSRP) will include a copy of the game as well as new story chapters with our post-launch DLC series – Marvel’s Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps. That’s right, we’ll be supporting the game post-launch and you’ll be getting three new chapters each with new missions, new villains and characters, and additional suits for Spider-Man. More details on that a bit later down the road. Buyers who pre-order the Digital Deluxe edition will also receive by mail a limited edition collectible pin (only available to residents of US and Canada) featuring Spider-Man as he appears on the cover art for the game.

Source

Another exclusive on my pre-order list. There's another collectors edition that goes for $150. I didn't want to clog up the op so you'll have to click the link for details.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Bad news for me is that it launches the same week as Dragon Quest XI. I have a feeling Valkyria Chronicles 4 will launch around the same time too.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Man this game looks soooooo good! Last good Spider-Man game was like 10 years ago when Spider-Man 2 came out.

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
Was never coming this year. Neither is Spiderman IMHO.
Sony's blown their load already for this year, like they always do.
@mynd

I think they just shot that surprise load on that crow you're eating today

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007

I don't even want to talk about next gen. You have an open world title looking like this. And the game seems to be shaping up pretty well based off game informer hands-on.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
Dude, you don't understand where doubt about a games release comes form when its a SONY published game?
GTFO.
First, Sony is not the only company to delay games or to take long to release a game.

Second, Spiderman has a release date before Crackdown 3. As does GOW and Detroit Become Human. The Last Guardian already released as did HZD and still no Crackdown 3 LOL.

Third, Sony has released more games this generation than MS and the games actually come out instead of getting canceled like Fable and Scalebound.

So I don't see why you even bothered. As usual you played yourself guy lol. Do you even have a PS4? Why are you on this site again? You never answered my question when I asked before.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
It's hard not to laugh at the xbox guys. MS hasn't even announced a new AAA title in almost 2 years iirc.
Man I don't know a single person who owns an Xbox One. They all own a PS4 and most had a 360 last generation. These Xbox fans are hurting out here for games lol. Anyway, can't wait til next Friday. Just passed my exam and want to have the rest of my work done before that epic day.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
First, Sony is not the only company to delay games or to take long to release a game.

Second, Spiderman has a release date before Crackdown 3. As does GOW and Detroit Become Human. The Last Guardian already released as did HZD and still no Crackdown 3 LOL.

Third, Sony has released more games this generation than MS and the games actually come out instead of getting canceled like Fable and Scalebound.

So I don't see why you even bothered. As usual you played yourself guy lol. Do you even have a PS4? Why are you on this site again? You never answered my question when I asked before.
ROFL

Forms form.
I didn’t say one thing about MS releasing games or otherwise.

But you are fucking delusional if you think Sony doesn’t have a habit of announcing games to early.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
ROFL

Forms form.
I didn’t say one thing about MS releasing games or otherwise.

But you are fucking delusional if you think Sony doesn’t have a habit of announcing games to early.
All I know is GOW releases next week, Detroit comes next month and Spiderman releases in September. I also know I am getting my money's worth unlike another console that focuses on old games. The whole point is to have games exclusive to your system and Sony has delivered. When they are announced don't matter. Movies are announced years in advance yet no one complained when Infinity War was announced 3-4 years ago. Better to be announced too early then not announced at all lol.As I said the games are releasing and Crackdown 3 still has not release date and was announced way back in 2013. So whats your point again?

Last edited:

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
All I know is GOW releases next week, Detroit comes next month and Spiderman releases in September. I also know I am getting my money's worth unlike another console that focuses on old games. The whole point is to have games exclusive to your system and Sony has delivered. When they are announced don't matter. Movies are announced years in advance yet no one complained when Infinity War was announced 3-4 years ago. Better to be announced too early then not announced at all lol.As I said the games are releasing and Crackdown 3 still has not release date and was announced way back in 2013. So whats your point again?
Agreed. Outside of absurd delays, they don't really matter. I remember, back during the playstation era, I preordered Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete; it kept getting delayed, closer to two years after it's initial stated U.S. release date, I even had forgotten about the game altogether until one day a box showed up at my door, and I was so confused because I hadn't bought anything at the time until I opened it up to see what it was.

I don't recall Sony ever delaying a game that drastically, unlike SquareEnix and FFvsXIII/FFXV.

It would be nice if more developers followed suit with Bethesda and what they did with Fallout 4. Just announce the game within 6 to 8 months of release instead of teasing us years in advance.