McLaren will change colors in 2015

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/motor/f1/20150103/54422972749/mclaren-cambiara-de-colores-en-2015.html

McLaren colors released in 2015, but still kept secret their choice.

Honda does not want to continue with the silver because it is a color that is immediately associated with Mercedes and 'Silver Arrow', which is the same. Precisely McLaren chose that color to 'resurrect' the legend of the 'Silver Arrows' Mercedes in the 30s.

Some hints that in testing the car could be painted orange, as happened a few years ago, recovering the traditional color of McLaren. But it could also be white, in a double tribute: the Honda were white and the first McLaren F1 was also of that color.

The final decoration depend largely on whether McLaren achieved a major sponsor for 2015 or not.
Next years season is going to be epic!

This is just some guys mock....but it looks good! :p

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
I think it's everyone's wish that the Marlboro McLaren livery was back, it really was such a gorgeous looker. I was so sad to see it go after 1996. :(

Surebrec

Forum Elder
Jan 2, 2008
Manchester. England
surebrec.co.uk
I don't want to see it back, it's not mclaren's livery, it's marlboro's. I'd rather the team focus on the future and not dwell on the past. the new mclaren/honda partnership is exactly that, a new venture, not a continuation of the one from 20+ years ago.

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
You mean you don't want a continuation of them winning? :snicker

Joking aside I can see where you're coming. We'll just have to see what they come up with next month when they reveal their schemes. :)

Surebrec

Forum Elder
Jan 2, 2008
Manchester. England
surebrec.co.uk
of course I want to see a continuation of them winning, and I think in time with exclusive support from honda they will. I just don't see the reason to try to go down the nostalgia route for it.

a lot of people seem to want this purely for sentimental reasons, I highly doubt that neither mclaren or honda will look on the situation with the same fondness.

as I alluded to, the colour scheme F1 fans seem to affectionately link to mclaren has nothing to do with them legally, it's wholly the IP of marlboro, with or without the wording.

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
Which is why I only mentioned "Marlboro McLaren" and not Honda in there as McLaren also used Peugot and Mercedes engines with that colour scheme... man that Peugot engine was a disaster.