Metal Gear is SOLID on PS3 - No 360 version

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
Eurogamer writes: "Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has told Eurogamer that he looks forward to a day when people stop asking him whether MGS4 is coming out on Xbox 360.

"I've been doing a lot of interviews and stage shows, and half the questions are like 'Will MGS4 be coming out on 360 or other formats?', and in the near future I hope they'll ask me about Metal Gear, about us, about our future projects, and will stop caring about the hardware," Kojima told Eurogamer in an interview published today.

Pressed on MGS4's exclusivity and the possibility of an Xbox 360 port, Kojima reiterated that the PS3 had been chosen because he believed that the series' success had been entwined with PlayStation's, and admitted that 'because MGS4 was optimised for the PS3 it is probably not possible."
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=225467

Will this put an end to the "never ending" saga of MGS4 going 360?:dunce

G

Gotmilk

id get pissed off if i was Kojima

Interviewer: So Mr Kojima San is MGS4 coming to the xbox360
Kojima: No
Interviewer: So Mr Kojima San is MGS4 ever going to come to the Xbox360
Kojima: NO
Interviewer: Mr Kojima will Mgs4 ever be optimised to run on the xbox360
Kojima: Yes.
Interviewer: What?
Kojima: huh?
Interviewer: did you just say mgs4 is coming to the xbox360
Kojima: Xbox three****ty will never get mgs4.

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
All of those 360 owners that want MGS4 should just buy a PS3 and stop complaining.

It's never going to happen as others have stated.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
This puts nothing to rest.

Pressed on MGS4's exclusivity and the possibility of an Xbox 360 port, Kojima reiterated that the PS3 had been chosen because he believed that the series' success had been entwined with PlayStation's, and admitted that "because MGS4 was optimised for the PS3 it isprobably not possible".
If he carries on giving non definitive answers, then he should expect the questions to continue.

"Will this put an end to the "never ending" saga of MGS4 going 360?:dunce"

To answer shortly, no! Fanbois will continue to dream until the next console is out. I don't quite understand it. Its not like PS3 fanboys are clamoring for a Halo3 port... well maybe because its a lame game and is the same as the other two, but still, come on!

Shadowstar

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2006
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 3244885]This puts nothing to rest.

If he carries on giving non definitive answers, then he should expect the questions to continue.[/quote]
From everything I've read about Japanese, it's rather rude to give a strong "no" answer.

But beyond that, "Probably not possible" = "I doubt it's possible, but no one's taken the time to look into it."

Feb 19, 2007
[QUOTE="the_disco_pimp, post: 0]"Will this put an end to the "never ending" saga of MGS4 going 360?:dunce"

To answer shortly, no! Fanbois will continue to dream until the next console is out. I don't quite understand it. Its not like PS3 fanboys are clamoring for a Halo3 port... well maybe because its a lame game and is the same as the other two, but still, come on![/quote]

Well Said.....I really don't get into all the fanboy stuff, but that statement rings true. +rep

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="Cross, post: 0]MGS going to xbox360, ya right, thats like FFXIII going... oh wait...[/quote]

ha ha. So true.
Nothing is safe this gen. Unless something is owned by Sony/Microsoft themselves.... a game being ported is always a possibility. It doesn't matter anyway. Ps3 owners can play it, if it goes to 360 they can play it too.... gamers everywhere win...

jx23

Apprentice
Aug 31, 2007
personally i dont care if it gets re-developed for 360. If games are built on PS3 hardware for PS3 so they fully utilise its capabilities they can try port onto nes for all i care!

funkybudda

Superior Member
Jan 30, 2007
NYC
[QUOTE="Cross, post: 0]MGS going to xbox360, ya right, thats like FFXIII going... oh wait...[/quote]

who cares, xbox 360 has so many great exclusives, like Gears of War, Mass Effect, Bioshock, oh wait... I forgot the better versions of those games are always on the other platforms such as PC or PS3, lol.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
LOL ^^

I am pretty sure he could, but 360 wont see a MGS4 port, They just wont. the MGS4 developers put so much effort and I mean a lot of effort into that, I am pretty darn sure they are sick to death working on MGS4. There is no way in heck they are going to port that over to tweak this and tweak that, I just don't see it happening. If anything, they will come out with a whole different game and make it multiplatform.

PS3fan15

Forum Elder
Oct 10, 2006
Free publicity for MGS4 and Ps3..

Everyone sees that PS3 has the games that the 360 crowd wants but aint getting it.. maybe = more sales?

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
[QUOTE="Shadowstar, post: 0]From everything I've read about Japanese, it's rather rude to give a strong "no" answer.

But beyond that, "Probably not possible" = "I doubt it's possible, but no one's taken the time to look into it."[/quote]

That's correct... He's being typically Japanese. Unlike his good friend Itagaki, who'd spit on your parents' graves as much look at you. Itagaki is not typically Japanese...

The Japanese "Maybe = no" thing and "delay = no" and other such formalities really do make communication with Japanese people very difficult for me.

[QUOTE="Wheezy85, post: 0]Lol MGS2 on PS2 was like 100 times better then this peice of crap. PLaying it in the game reminded me of how good the game was. THis game sucked. hahaha.[/quote]

I'm interested in your theories and will be subscribing to your newsletter.

aceofspades21

Superior Member
Mar 23, 2008
Burlington, VT
People have to stop asking if its going to the 360. He has said like 5-6 times in public to everybody that it WILL NOT be going to 360. Seriously, it get really annoying.

And to the 360 fan boys, do we beg your developers and repetitively ask them if we can have your games? NO WE DON'T!!

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
[QUOTE="funkybudda, post: 0]who cares, xbox 360 has so many great exclusives, like Gears of War, Mass Effect, Bioshock, oh wait... I forgot the better versions of those games are always on the other platforms such as PC or PS3, lol.[/quote]

I never understood why 360 fanboys believe they have all the exclusives. When every good "exclusive" they have is either on PC, coming to Ps3, or not even that good. A.k.a Halo 3. The only reason, and i mean the ONLY reason i bought another 360 is for Gears of War, and that's on PC.. but i don't have a good enough PC to run it nor do i care to. Simply put - Ps3 is where it's at for exclusives

BIGCRUTCH

Apprentice
Jul 29, 2008

lol, I was going to say the same thing...not to mention DMC4, GTAIII, etc.,etc...

I don't get the fanboy disease...I couln't care less who has what exclusive, AS LONG AS THERE'S COMPETITION it's good for all gamers.

dionusos

Superior Member
Aug 22, 2007
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 3244885]This puts nothing to rest.

If he carries on giving non definitive answers, then he should expect the questions to continue.[/quote]
We can definitively say that asking him repeatedly won't make it come any sooner.

Cross

Apprentice
May 28, 2008
[QUOTE="BIGCRUTCH, post: 0]lol, I was going to say the same thing...not to mention DMC4, GTAIII, etc.,etc...

I don't get the fanboy disease...I couln't care less who has what exclusive, AS LONG AS THERE'S COMPETITION it's good for all gamers.[/quote]

Right you are. I don't care if they make a crappy port after coding it for the ps3. Hell, port it to the DS, I dont care.
The thing here is: Yes, they would make more money porting it to the 360, however, I think the deadline for profitibility has passed. Everyone really interested in the series moved to ps3 to play it by now. The profit from the port would be neglagable compared to the development costs at this point. It may have worked if they planned multi plat from the get go.