Metal Gear Solid Online not installing

pionata

Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2005
Hey everyone,
MGS4 online refuses to install and just brings me back to the XMB when selected. Anyone has the same problem?

It was working fine about 8 months ago. My disc looks new and has no scratches...

I tried deleting the data/reinstalling 3 times without any success. I also tried "holding X" while selecting it (as mentioned on some other forum) again without success.

Is it some incompatibility with the latest system updates? I really wanted to try the expansion packs.

pionata

Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2005
[QUOTE="aptget, post: 0]try emailing sony maybe?[/quote]

I guess I'll do that next... I have even less hope in Sony than Konami.

pionata

Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2005
Man this sucks. So far only got automatic answers from Sony and Konami.

I cant believe I'm the only one on this board having this problem...

Any idea what may be causing the problem? Sound-audio settings problem? Store language problem? (that would be wierd anyway since my system is set to english)

I mean WTF the single player works fine and so does all my other multiplayer games.

BLAZEFACE

Superior Member
Oct 15, 2008
I bought this game when it came out and i have never ever been able to get the online to work its says to do the update and i do then afters hours of doing so it ll say some error and have to start over i lltry it a couple of times and give up....... Its almost going to be a year already i gave up! Next one better have better online .......pleeeeeease!

Jul 26, 2008
The way Konami updates thier Metal Gear Online game is very poor, I too had the same problems whilst downloading/installing than you. :(

What I recommend though, is trying both download methods. I would try the second method because not much people would be downloading it at this stage so less people = faster download with the second method. :)

pionata

Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2005
[QUOTE="iLake, post: 0]If you're downloading via P2P, just stop... right now. Download from HTTP.[/quote]

Hey thanks guys, but my problem is much worse than that, it's not launching the download at all!

When I select multiplayer it quits MGS4 and sends me right back to the XMB.

iLake

Super Elite
Sep 16, 2008
Louisiana
gamingcompanyhq.com
[QUOTE="pionata, post: 0]Hey thanks guys, but my problem is much worse than that, it's not launching the download at all!

When I select multiplayer it quits MGS4 and sends me right back to the XMB.[/quote]Sounds like a disc error, not MGO itself.

Aug 22, 2007
the first time i got dsl at my house i downloaded it, took forever i even left it on from 4-m till 3:30 a.m. and it installed and i was done, then i had to figure out the names and passwords thing, but, i got it and then i was playing online. peer to peer, is better to use, i switched my port settings to another one when i had to update to 1.31 it went super fast. i was like, that's it? lol you must have to be japanese to figure out this game. updating does suck. i'm glad i got mine to work, it's fun to play, but i hate that sop thing they have, it locks your weapon when you hit a teamate by mistake. i hope the fix there problem by MGS5 and MGO3 .

pionata

Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2005
www.mgoforums.com[/URL] they will help
Thanks man, got a reply from Konami and they said for 25$ they would change my disc. There is no way I'm paying for that since the single player works fine and my disc looks brand new... (it also used to work... So I'm thinking it may be a network issue with a later system update, a bit like the port thing 1solidsnake is talking about)

pionata

Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2005
[QUOTE="ahernandez2005, post: 0]I couldn't download it from the Konami servers, is annoying because I had paid about £7 for one of the addons.[/quote]

It's not just annoying it's fraud... You should email them.

May 1, 2009
Happening to me too, same exact thing, wont even try to install MGO just exits the game and sends me back to the XMB; really starting to **** me off, dont think its the disc or my ps3, both of which Ive only had for about 2 weeks now. Everything else is working fine, single player and all my other games on multiplayer

pionata

Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2005
[QUOTE="Cilosybn, post: 0]Happening to me too, same exact thing, wont even try to install MGO just exits the game and sends me back to the XMB; really starting to **** me off, dont think its the disc or my ps3, both of which Ive only had for about 2 weeks now. Everything else is working fine, single player and all my other games on multiplayer[/quote]

Hey! Glad to know I'm not the only one. This is a real issue, and Konami just told me to buy another copy, like wtf? The single player is working fine anyway so it's not the disc - I never had any problems with my discs anyway.