MGS4 ending? - SPOILERS INSIDE -

Jan 4, 2008
I have finished the game now, but i dont understand the part where snake shot himself, then later he had not died. Can anyone help?

Next time add a spoiler tag to the thread title or the text it self!!! ~ Nuv

Tom1525

KarbineFTW
Jan 24, 2007
Middlesbrough
www.myspace.com
***SPOILERS****

Wow double Thread nice.

Right to answer your question, when hes about to shoot him self, the camera goes up (so you dont see it ) And the shot fires but who knows what happened, then big boss comes and chit chats with him, and he dies, then snakes left there, and in the credits, snake talks to octacon. so... he much just die after that or something, im not quite sure.

Jan 4, 2008
[QUOTE="Tom1525, post: 0]***SPOILERS****

Wow double Thread nice.

lol i didnt mean to, can you tell me how to remove a thread aswell, lol!!

Jan 4, 2008
Right to answer your question, when hes about to shoot him self, the camera goes up (so you dont see it ) And the shot fires but who knows what happened, then big boss comes and chit chats with him, and he dies, then snakes left there, and in the credits, snake talks to octacon. so... he much just die after that or something, im not quite sure.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but i still dont get what you mean!

Jul 20, 2008
metalgear.wikia.com
As he's about to shoot himself, the camera pans up, and we only hear the shot. We don't see anything.

After the first little section of credits, Snake is seen still alive, breathing heavily. He must have pulled the gun out at the last second.

Jan 4, 2008
[QUOTE="Igort, post: 0]As he's about to shoot himself, the camera pans up, and we only hear the shot. We don't see anything.

After the first little section of credits, Snake is seen still alive, breathing heavily. He must have pulled the gun out at the last second.

Oh i see what you mean! so he took the gun out of his mouth and shot.:mrgreen:

mcav

Elite Guru
Jan 12, 2007
Since he fired the shot.

It is the gun of Big Boss which has the smoke coming from it if I recall correctly.

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
The gun had jammed. Is it that hard to realize? I am pretty sure that the gunshot had come from Big Boss with his Patriot rifle.

Feb 13, 2008
hmm, interesting so big boss fired the shot, and snakes gun jammed. Makes sense, just like the mysterious guy in Europe who follows snake following the resistance member, the mysterious guy in the cape are the mini gecko that big mama later shot.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
I've tried explaining it below as best I could.

Do not click if you haven't completed the game or watched the closing credits. If you do, then that is your loss and I cannot be blamed for ruining your gaming experience.

Snake didn't kill himself.

He pulled the gun out at the last second as the camera panned up, no doubt Konami's attempt to trick people into thinking the legendary Solid Snake was dead. If you continue watching though, you will see that Snake is actually alive and well and that it was none other than Big Boss who had fired a gun, as you can tell by the smoke coming out the barrel of his gun. He then launches into a long talk with Snake about Zero, and how the Patriots were started before finally dying next to his old mentors grave, The Boss.

I can't remember if he lives longer than that, because I vaguely remember Otacon saying Snake was in a 'better place' now. I would go back and check, but I traded the game in a while ago, much to my regret.

Paul1967

Superior Member
Jan 4, 2008
[QUOTE="mcav, post: 0]No - it would seem that it is in fact Big Boss that fires the shot.[/quote]

Agreed thats what i thought. Though it could have gave Snake a fright, making him pull the trigger and ending his life. But it didn't. :mrgreen:

Jul 20, 2008
metalgear.wikia.com
Big Boss didn't fire the shot. You can tell Snake fired because when you see his gun after the little credits section, it is out of bullets. You can tell by looking at the gun. It looks like it has jammed, but you can't see the bullet lodged in there, so it didn't jam on him. That's just what most pistols look like when they're out of ammo.

I watched the cut-scene again, I don't how you guys thought it was Big Boss who fired!? :-?

Paul1967

Superior Member
Jan 4, 2008
[QUOTE="Igort, post: 0]Big Boss didn't fire the shot. You can tell Snake fired because when you see his gun after the little credits section, it is out of bullets. You can tell by looking at the gun. It looks like it has jammed, but you can't see the bullet lodged in there, so it didn't jam on him. That's just what most pistols look like when they're out of ammo.

I watched the cut-scene again, I don't how you guys thought it was Big Boss who fired!? :-?[/quote]

Well does Big Boss's gun randomly have smoke coming out of it?