MGS4 Playable Demo Hands On..

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
CES 2008: Metal Gear Solid 4 Demo
Snake makes an appearance at the Sony booth in Las Vegas.
by IGN Staff

January 7, 2008 - At the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Sony had a special visitor at its booth as Konami was on hand to show off a playable demo of Metal Gear Solid 4. This is the same demo that was on display during the 2007 E for All expo in Los Angeles, so there weren't too many revelations made during our demonstration, however, we were able to get some hands on time with the game and many of our worries were put to rest.

One of the features found in Metal Gear Solid 4 is that the game is fully compliant with the new Dual Shock 3 controller, so we were able to feel every shot that we fired and every bullet that hit us in the game, and this could be a solid indication that Sony is back on track with the force feedback functionality that it's current home console is missing.

Another thing that we noticed is that the game looks absolutely stunning. Everything is rendered in fine detail from the war-torn middle-eastern city that the level took place in, right down to the individual hairs on Snake's 'stache. When we asked whether or not the game will be able to run at 60 fps at 1080p, Konami said that things were still being optimized and they can't promise anything, things were on the right track.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/844/844078p1.html

chartwel

Elite Guru
Dec 1, 2005
[QUOTE="DopplerEffect, post: 0]ah crap I thought this where coming to the psn store :twisted:[/QUOTE]

hah, no demo coming from this game. straight from ryan peytons mouth.

1solidsnake

Forum Elder
Aug 22, 2007
could it be on track! it might come out earlier than June 17th. if they are. sweet. can't wait for the call from gamestop

TidusX

Super Elite
Oct 18, 2006
So many good games coming out this year with this game being one of the highlights I am just excited to get my hands on it!

Feb 21, 2005
dakinggamer.tripod.com
MGS4 rocks!! I actually played that same demo from CES 2008 at the E for All Expo in LA last year it was sooooo cool! The lines though were really long.. wait times were at least up to an 1 hr. 1/2 got to play it twice!! It was cool.. The demo used all the new gameplay mechanics!! It also had DS3 rumble functions built-in..

Mar 11, 2006
Here is the beta demo being played on the CES 2008 floor. You can tell the guy knows he lost his stealth, he goes "Crap!". PSU has the article about the frame rate, rock solid 30 frames per second with the heaviest action and 60 frames per second elsewhere. Apparently, Kojima is really trying to get 1080p with 60 frames per second. Hope he can do it.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/y-f4CTOtKN8&rel=1[/embed]

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
That's awesome footage. When the guy went "Holy sh*t" i couldn't have put it better myself. It looks awesome even with YouTube's ****ty quality.

HellsJester

Master Sage
Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
Im completely on the fence with this game so if they dont release a demo they will lose possible buyers like me.
I know i could rent it but with a game this big i doubt i will ever find it not rented out.