Jan 17, 2011
[video=youtube;UMyoCr2MnpM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM[/video]

Mindblowing to be honest.

PS4 at the end too for those who were unsure

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
For some one like me who has never played an MGS game, that trailer is EPIC. Shows some really gritty and nasty stuff with amazing music and I'm genuinely interested in buying this now (even though I have no idea about the story)

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
I just feel like there is a quality that oozes from Kojima's games that's extremely rare in the industry right now.

[QUOTE="robvandam111, post: 6113347]Is that...

Zero?
[/QUOTE]

Certainly seems like it.

[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 6113351]This really does show Big Boss's turn into the bad guy..does he seriously gun down all those prisoners!?[/QUOTE]

Certainly seems like it.

:p

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="DarkNemesis, post: 6113565]Beautiful. Too bad they are wasting their time putting it on Xbox as they won't support this game.[/QUOTE]
Japan isn't the only place they're releasing it so there's no need to worry. Hell, the series was never really a PlayStation exclusive to begin with.

Last edited:

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Ocelots voice is PERFECT. It is the perfect balance between MGS3 and MGS...you can already start to hear the latter's accent coming through.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
[QUOTE="Ghost-Rhayne, post: 6113884]Ocelots voice is PERFECT. It is the perfect balance between MGS3 and MGS...you can already start to hear the latter's accent coming through.[/QUOTE]

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT TOO!

I have to say, I'm liking Snake's voice too. I'm a Haytar fanboy but eh, if this is the direction that Kojima wanted then it's fine withme

Equinoqs

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2010
Appalachian Mtns.
What an incredibly grim trailer, even for MGS. Which, of course, now means I'm going to have a lot of trouble waiting for this game to release. Kojima always surprises, but never disappoints (yes, even MGS 2).

Rekmon

Elite Member
Mar 7, 2008
[QUOTE="itachi73378, post: 6113350]For some one like me who has never played an MGS game, that trailer is EPIC. Shows some really gritty and nasty stuff with amazing music and I'm genuinely interested in buying this now (even though I have no idea about the story)[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be confused. MG has one of the most twisting convoluted stories in gaming ever. Seriously, I don't think even Kojima can keep it straight :lol:

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
To be honest I'm kind of surprised that this game is not getting any attention now, do people no longer like MGS? I mean this was the best game at E3 for me, yet I don't see it making any fuzz, I guess no one's that much into it anymore.

KungMartin90

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
[QUOTE="daLa, post: 6125320]To be honest I'm kind of surprised that this game is not getting any attention now, do people no longer like MGS? I mean this was the best game at E3 for me, yet I don't see it making any fuzz, I guess no one's that much into it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm a bit bored of it now to be honest. Also, nothing about the trailer was over the top.

My favourite games of E3 were easily The Order and Infamous SS. The Order because of the theme/art direction, and Infamous SS because of the amazing graphics/fun gameplay.

Gantz

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2007
Have my fingers crossed that snaked isn't manipulated the entire game like previous mgs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
Here is some info

During the Kojima Productions Alert 4, the official podcast of the studio, the staff provided a summary of information from several interviews with Kojima. Here’s the recap:
  • Metal Gear Solid V will interact with smart devices in some form (smart phones, tablets).
Sean Eyestone: “That will be kind of a window into the world of MGSV. Exactly what you can do with that we’re not ready to announce just yet, but know that there will be various aspects of the game that can interact with your various portable devices. And there will also be some social aspects to that as well.”
The fact that it’s an open world game has to do with this.

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’s key art was made by Kyle Cooper, Kojima came up with the concept of the x-ray. Kooper is working on other things for the game as well, but they can’t say what they are.
  • What you saw at E3 was targeted for current gen, so what you will get on current gen systems will be very close to that. The Xbox One and PS4 versions will look better than what you have seen.
  • The girl undergoing surgery is Paz (from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker). All the action in that scene is very realistic because they had an actual doctor during the motion capture session, who brought his medical kit. He was instructing the motion actors during this scene.
    • Kojima Productions will let fans know how to buy the Seiko watch Snake is wearing, as well as ‘various merchandise’, at a later time.
http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=8779

Epyon_1

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2008
On The Rooftops with Faith
[QUOTE="Gantz, post: 6125357]Have my fingers crossed that snaked isn't manipulated the entire game like previous mgs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

That could possibly be one of the factors that drives him into 'villainy'. Being manipulated.
Anyways, I can't wait for this game. That trailer was so epic, I couldn't stop watching it.