XBOX Microsoft Conference: June 10, 1 p.m. PT

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Microsoft’s press briefing will be held at its new home at E3, the Microsoft Theater right next door to the LA Convention Center. Microsoft promises a “fantastic lineup of new games for Xbox players at E3 2018” and its “biggest E3 yet.” We’re due for another Halo, another Forza and maybe another Gears of War, but Microsoft probably has some surprises in store. Keep an eye on Xbox’s YouTube, Twitch and Mixer channels for news from the show.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/5/1...-sony-nintendo-xbox-fortnite-livestream-watch

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Let me think!!

Halo
GeOW
Forza
Crackdown

Not much to go on but more sequels means more boring news an reveals. Unless new IPs come about I'll be surprised if they got 3 lined up. Plus a huge partenership with a team to bring new ip or sequel that is also exclusive, not forgetting they're ID partners but who cares about indies much?? But least it's something right!!
Tbh they lost overall anyway even if they have a better E3 than others they still lost and it's to bloody late. It just needs games now not next year or 2 years. Bloody right now!

Jun 4, 2007
My excitement level is a 4 out of 10 due to MS's track record this generation. It's time for Phil to show why he's the man for the job.

halo, gears, crackdown 3 doesn't excite me. Halo and gears need to improve their campaign. Crackdown 3 needs to show something impressive from the campaign and mp. The last demo wasn't good and we haven't seen anything from its mp since the tech demo. I would be hyped for Forza horizon if I was into racing titles.

I need to see new AAA i.ps. Reboots will work too. MS is in dire need of showing them in non-cgi form.

Last edited:

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Let me think!!

Halo
GeOW
Forza
Crackdown

Not much to go on but more sequels means more boring news an reveals. Unless new IPs come about I'll be surprised if they got 3 lined up. Plus a huge partenership with a team to bring new ip or sequel that is also exclusive, not forgetting they're ID partners but who cares about indies much?? But least it's something right!!
Tbh they lost overall anyway even if they have a better E3 than others they still lost and it's to bloody late. It just needs games now not next year or 2 years. Bloody right now!
Won't happen or at least that won't be it. That'd be way too obvious and a shot in the foot. They've invested millions in the new Hardware.

Jun 4, 2007
It's crazy how the hopes of this brighter xbone future is coming from knowing that things can't possibly get any worse.

This is fucking pathetic. Really? Drop my excitement down to a 2 out of 10.

Edit:MS decided to put focus on this. I spoke on it. Get the hell over it.

Interesting comments from a xbox fan that's tired of xbox fanboys that makes excuses for everything wrong with MS.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
It's crazy how the hopes of this brighter xbone future is coming from knowing that things can't possibly get any worse.

Lol.. calm down Sony fanboy. It’s just a FTP arcade racer for PC and tablet.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005

If you're gonna take a free game as an example then you should just as well skip E3 and save you from whatever indy game that might be shown and drop you to minus 0 ...

Come on... you can do better than that.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Rumors about a couple of reboots like Blue Dragon and Perfect Dark are getting strong. Heck I would absolutely love that.

I wonder what's going to be Remedy's next project (they moved to a new studio not long ago)

Another IP that should make a come back is Fable... now that Molyneux is not there anymore (I ended up hating him as much as Don Matrick) That IP is there to make anything of it. First thing I believe should be getting rid of the cartoonish art style and make it more realistic, or somewhere in the middle.

Edit: Here's hoping for a complete overhaul of the Fable IP... meaning, getting rid of stupid mini games and stop making gestures an important part of the game or having a house/family. Also get rid of the dog... it's kinda annoying and takes crapload of work. I wouldn't complain either if they also change direction to a more "serious" game instead of the sillyness installed in previous installments. I know some may think, that wouldn't be a Fable then... but I believe that'd be getting rid of Molyneux's vision of the franchise, which lead it to failure.

Last edited:

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
Rumors about a couple of reboots like Blue Dragon and Perfect Dark are getting strong. Heck I sould absolutely love that.

I wonder what's going to be Remedy's next project (they moved to a new studio not long ago)

Another IP that should make a come back is Fable... now that Molyneux is not there anymore (I ended up hating him as much as Don Matrick) That IP is there to make anything of it. First thing I believe should be getting rid of the cartoonish art style and make it more realistic, or somewhere in the middle.

Edit: Here's hoping for a complete overhaul of the Fable IP... meaning, getting rid of stupid mini games, making gestures an important part of the game or having a house/family. Also get rid of the dog... it's kinda annoying and takes crapload of work. I wouldn't complain either if they also change direction to a more "serious" game instead of the sillyness installed in previous installments. I know some may think, that wouldn't be a Fable then... but I believe that'd be getting rid of Molyneux's vision of the franchise, which lead it to failure.
I second all of the fable thoughts... the game has some great elements that were ignored in lieu of a damn dog or learning some made up card games. Bring it to RPG roots, get it together and drop a title we have been wanting.

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007

Matt Booty threw you xbox guys under the bus. And he used xbox data to back up their actions.

I'll see you guys at E3. Hopefully they will step up to the challenge like the majority of the industry wants them to. If not then you know what to expect.

May 20, 2008

Matt Booty threw you xbox guys under the bus. And he used xbox data to back up their actions.

I'll see you guys at E3. Hopefully they will step up to the challenge like the majority of the industry wants them to. If not then you know what to expect.
Tell us more video game god.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Here's all the rumors Ive heard. (ranked most likely to least)

Crackdown 3
Forza Horizon 4
Halo 6
Gears 5
Gears:RTS
Fable
Perfect Dark
Sunset Overdrive 2
MechAssault
Blue Dragon

What I'd actually like to see

Crimson Skies fully MP
Conker 2
Rallisport 3
Indiana Jones as an exclusive title
MS buys THQ Nordic or Deep Silver

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
jschreier said:
On the other hand if y'all want some good news, I just heard some (secondhand) buzz that Microsoft has some meaty third-party announcements coming on Sunday. Of course, those games will all be multiplatform, but still, the Xbox conference could be really rad.
Source

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Who's excited for

Edit:Uh oh. I wonder how much money they've put into this game?

From a technical perspective, i would actually like to see this released.

I'm not someone who's in the cloud computing camp, but that's mostly due to the infrastructure kinda sucking. But that being said, this kinda stuff is cool, and it should be great once the thing actually comes out.

It's an interesting way to utilise the vast network of servers these companies have around the planet.

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
I think they'll finally show the mp of c3 and announce the beta. That's something they're going to want millions to play test due to what they're trying to pull off with destruction.

I think the Jason guy knows more but he doesn't want to spoil anything for the fans.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
Wow... that's a big promise! I'm already pumped. Bring it on Microsoft! Give it a damn fight!

Console wars FTW!

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Wow... that's a big promise! I'm already pumped. Bring it on Microsoft! Give it a damn fight!

Console wars FTW!
Going to guess that two new games shown might be one from Capcom, another being the new Tomb Raider, maybe even Rage. If they end up having half of those as exclusives with a launch window being two years time, then I am game. As is, I would assume that a good amount are possibly going to be third party.

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
Half of them might be multi but still...

BTW Microsoft's own 4K streaming is already live:

https://mixer.com/xbox

Looks like it should be the best place to watch the E3 Briefing.
That is what I am hoping for. That would however be a departure from what they usually do which is to mainly showcase games that are launching in the next calendar year. There is not long to go.