Microsoft: "no plans" to release an Xbox One without Kinect

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published Tuesday, 25 February 2014
Microsoft has insisted it has no intention of selling Xbox One without Kinect.
It is thought that without the new Kinect, which lets players control games and navigate the Xbox One user interface with voice recognition and motion, the Xbox One would be considerably cheaper, but Microsoft has so far resisted calls from some quarters to sell a version of its next-gen console without the sensor.
Speaking with Eurogamer yesterday ahead of the announcement of the first Xbox One price cut, Xbox UK marketing chief Harvey Eagle said Microsoft was sticking with Kinect because the company feels it's "integral to the Xbox One experience".
"[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all," he stressed.
"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."
Eagle pointed to Xbox One's Upload Studio, which lets players record, edit and publish game clips to Xbox Live, as an example of how Kinect is, in his words, integral to the Xbox One.
"Look at all the thousands and thousands of game clips that have been posted by gamers to Upload Studio, of their gaming highlights, captured by speaking the words 'Xbox record that', which has already become part of Xbox vocabulary," Eagle said.
"It's a really great example of how Kinect makes the experience on Xbox One even better."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-plans-to-release-an-xbox-one-without-kinect

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
Hmmm, i still think they will. Till then, im not gonna buy one. I do want one, but even the price cut isnt enough to make it get it. I gotta buy for my sons 12th birthday next month tho!

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
Yeah, I'm almost certain there will be one. But they're unlikely to say so, as to stop people from waiting and therefore not buying a One sooner rather than later. It's usually the same with slim models.

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6307837]Hmmm, i still think they will. Till then, im not gonna buy one. I do want one, but even the price cut isnt enough to make it get it. I gotta buy for my sons 12th birthday next month tho![/QUOTE]

I bet you will play it more than your son lol.

Demi_God

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2013
Icy hot of the north
pretty much. I just don't understand how people thought that a kinectless XBone was going to happen. If MS pull away from IE or Bing out of all things, they certainly won't pull away from kinect.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Microsoft spent too much time and resources incorporating the Kinect camera in to the OS. No way Microsoft will sell the console without it.

They may release a console with no disk drive, but even that is sort of a dumb idea. How pissed would kids be who have this Xbox with no disk drive, and they get Xbox One games for their birthday or Christmas lol.