Microsoft PR Boasts on Best Release Scheduel Ever

MossadAgentO

Superior Member
Oct 17, 2007
PR said:
2007 offers Xbox 360 owners the greatest range of games yet
LONDON — 29th November, 2007 — 2007 will be a year to remember for Xbox 360™ players – a packed release schedule offers a wide range of incredible titles including exclusive, genre-defining games such as Blue Dragon™ (Microsoft Game Studios - MGS), Project Gotham Racing® 4 (MGS), Naruto™ Rise of a Ninja (Ubisoft), Viva Piñata®: Party Animals (MGS), Ace Combat® 6: Fires of Liberation™ (Namco Bandai Games) and Scene It?® Lights, Camera, Action (MGS), not to mention some of the highest scoring games of all time in the form of BioShock (2K Games), Mass Effect (MGS), The Orange Box (EA) and the legendary Halo® 3 (MGS), all of which have already been released or are set to arrive before the end of the year.

From the end of summer to the festive period, Xbox 360 boasts over 60 new releases contributing to a portfolio of over 300 high-definition titles.

Two of the most epic adventures of the year arrived in August in Blue Dragon and BioShock. Role-playing game Blue Dragon casts players as Shu, a young boy, who with a party of four must battle the evil that has invaded their world, controlling phantom shadow creatures ranging from Minotaur, to phoenix and of course, dragon.

BioShock is a “genetically-enhanced” first person shooter that lets players do things never before possible in the genre, in the unique art deco world of Rapture, an underwater utopia torn apart by civil war.

September and October were the hottest months since records began seeing the release of the epic Halo 3 and the turbocharged Project Gotham Racing 4.

Halo 3, the third and final chapter in the “Halo trilogy” smashed day-one entertainment sales records when it launched in September with players finally getting the chance to take Master Chief™ into his most crucial battle yet.

October saw Project Gotham Racing 4 return with another garage-full of the world’s most iconic cars. A brand new dynamic weather system makes for an even more exhilarating experience.

Football fans are enjoying a season of highlights on Xbox 360 with the release of FIFA 08 at the end of September and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 at the end of October.

FIFA 08 brings you closer to the action than ever before with new Pro Skills moves that increase user-control by enabling you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars, the new Be A Pro: Offline Training mode, and even greater depths of authenticity, while Konami’s latest edition to the multi-million-selling Pro Evolution Soccer series returns as PES 2008, boasting a proprietary AI system, all new moves and set pieces - and even more realism than ever. PES 2008’s rosters of licensed players enjoy a wide range of flicks, nutmegs, and set-pieces, while the less savoury elements of the game appear in the form of shirt-pulling, ugly fouls and diving.

November offers something for everyone. Mass Effect, the science-fiction action-role playing game offers a whole galaxy full of difficult decisions to make as players lead an elite team to bring down a rogue agent.

Sociable fun is also on the cards - both Viva Piñata: Party Animals and Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action offer their own unique blend of party play – Viva Piñata: Party Animals putting the colourful piñatas into a succession of addictive mini games and Scene It? offering a host of movie-related trivia to answer.

Naruto Rise of a Ninja kick flips into November featuring the perfect blend of adventure, platforming and fighting and enables fans of the show to challenge fellow gamers on Xbox LIVE®.

Finally, top guns will fulfil their aviation dreams in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, thrusting players into the heat of realistic air combat.

The review scores garnered by many of these titles have been astounding, confirming the excellence of the Xbox 360 line up. Halo 3’s score of 94 at Metacritic and 93 at Gamerankings makes it the perfect conclusion to the Halo trilogy, arriving just weeks after BioShock which wowed critics, scoring 96 and 95 at Metacritic and Gamerankings respectively.

Just when review scores looked like they couldn’t get any higher The Orange Box arrived - five innovative games from Valve®, creators of the blockbuster Half-Life franchise, in one action-packed box - scoring an astonishing 96 point average at both Metacritic and Gamerankings. Finally, Mass Effect is the most recent Xbox 360 release to garner 90+ review averages claiming 93 at both sites and rounding off simply the greatest portfolio of video games ever seen. *

These unprecedented scores demonstrate exactly why Xbox 360 continues to hold the record for highest games attach rate across the globe, at 6.3 games sold per console. With life-to-date sales of 13.4 million consoles worldwide this represents incredible software sales.

BioShock, Blue Dragon, Project Gotham Racing 4, Naruto Rise of a Ninja, Viva Piñata: Party Animals, Mass Effect, Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action, FIFA 08, PES 2008, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, The Orange Box and Halo 3 spearhead the unparalleled selection of Xbox 360 titles that players will be able to enjoy this year.

“This year’s line up of titles on Xbox 360 is without doubt the strongest I have seen, offering incredible Microsoft-published titles such as Blue Dragon, PGR 4, Viva Piñata Party Animals, Mass Effect, Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action and Halo 3, and incredible exclusives from our partners such as BioShock, Naruto Rise of a Ninja and Ace Combat 6. It’s an amazing year for Xbox 360 players,” said Michael Newey, Group Product Marketing Manager, Microsoft.
*Score averages correct as of 21/11/07
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212248

There doesnt seem to be a link, maybe xbox.com? or some official press release

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Well where did you get the information from? Put a link to there. Also you should add the quote tags. ;)

S

SteelerFan

If they can walk the walk, then they can talk the talk. There is no denying what is being said.

Abooie

Apprentice
Oct 18, 2006
Only the most ardent of fan boy (or girl) can deny MS bragging rights this christmas.
I've been a gamer a long time and I can't remember a lineup of so many highly rated games; I just haven't been able to keep up. I did wonder a year ago whether I'd end up buying a Wii or PS3 this winter but I just haven't felt the need to yet.

I've finished PGR4, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, Bioshock and Blue Dragon (very underrated); I'm busy with Mass Effect and Assassins Creed and haven't touched Orange Box, COD4, Kane & Lynch or MoH Airborne yet. I've got Scene it for the family (more fun than I expected tbh) and my young daughter is obsessed with Viva Pinata Party Animals (really trying to hold off buying it).

Jan 15, 2007
I am still playing PGR4, COD4 and Tomb Raider, and i bought GRAW 2 cheap so I'm going to be will into 2008 before i can even think of getting Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo3, Assassin Creed to name a few.

But yeah i cant fault the 360 or MS on quality and quantity of games.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
[QUOTE="Abooie, post: 0]Only the most ardent of fan boy (or girl) can deny MS bragging rights this christmas.
I've been a gamer a long time and I can't remember a lineup of so many highly rated games; I just haven't been able to keep up. I did wonder a year ago whether I'd end up buying a Wii or PS3 this winter but I just haven't felt the need to yet.[/quote]

Words stolen right out of my mouth.

If a Company can "brag" about quality titles this year, that company is Microsoft. It just a result of very hard work put in all these projects.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
No way I can disagree on that. Sony has Uncharted and maybe Ratchet and Clank as the top games compared to Halo 3, Bioshock, PGR4, Mass Effect, and the list goes on. It's a great year to be a 360 owner. :)

Brian

[QUOTE="Aquanox, post: 0]Words stolen right out of my mouth.

If a Company can "brag" about quality titles this year, that company is Microsoft. It just a result of very hard work put in all these projects.[/QUOTE]

Vertisce

Superior Member
Sep 17, 2007
Frankly not many of those titles interest me much. But that is just me. I would love to have a 360 for Halo and Mass Effect maybe even the upcoming NG2 but it's not enough to make me buy another 360 yet. Seems like those games cater to a more broad spectrum of players though. I really do not see how the 360 upcoming lineup is any better than the Wii and I do not think it's better than the PS3's upcoming games.

B

Bakari

While I wouldn't label it as the best ever, it is certainly towards the top. For some reason I find myself purchasing more games on the 360 then I usually would....

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
This year has been an incredible year for gaming. I've been playing computer games since...well since the first ones came about almost lol...and this has been the best year I can ever recall to date.

I think though that next year is going to be even more remarkable.

Chemo

Elite Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="byoushinn, post: 0]best year if you love fps and sports games
otherwise that list is a whole load of 'meh'[/QUOTE]

i agree with the FPS part but sports wise it was a big let down for me PES8 and FIFA08 were massively dissapointing.

kokoriet

Dedicated Member
Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Sparc, post: 0]This year has been an incredible year for gaming. I've been playing computer games since...well since the first ones came about almost lol...and this has been the best year I can ever recall to date.

I think though that next year is going to be even more remarkable.[/quote]

Very offtopic here, but with Starcraft 2.. HELLZ YEAH <|[email protected]
That isn't to say supreme commander was amazing, but cummon, even clowns crapped their pants with the unraveling of SC2 ;)

Gaming is going to be crazy, and I hope to god Wii brings about the rebirth of point and click adventures, while 360 perfects multiplayer gaming and Sony brings out the RPGs and prepares to deliver FF13 hopefully ^^

Wait, add to that please, I hope the new Turok game comes close to shadowing the first 2 games :D. Bring back the amazing oldschool weapons that are still the best in history, and I swear, best FPS experience ever.

Versa

Forum Elder
Dec 24, 2005
[QUOTE="Abooie, post: 0]Only the most ardent of fan boy (or girl) can deny MS bragging rights this christmas.
I've been a gamer a long time and I can't remember a lineup of so many highly rated games; I just haven't been able to keep up. I did wonder a year ago whether I'd end up buying a Wii or PS3 this winter but I just haven't felt the need to yet.

I've finished PGR4, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, Bioshock and Blue Dragon (very underrated); I'm busy with Mass Effect and Assassins Creed and haven't touched Orange Box, COD4, Kane & Lynch or MoH Airborne yet. I've got Scene it for the family (more fun than I expected tbh) and my young daughter is obsessed with Viva Pinata Party Animals (really trying to hold off buying it).[/QUOTE]

What he said, the 360 gave me a very strong reason to be the only console I needed this holiday season.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Uh....its a good lineup and by far the best lineup versus the Wii or the PS3, but best ever? Sorry, but that is ridiculous. Go back and look at some of the lineups the PS2 had from year to year.

Here's one year. PS2 2001:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Grand Theft Auto III
Twisted Metal: Black
SSX Tricky
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
Final Fantasy X
Devil May Cry
Red Faction

So yeah, the 360 is having a good year, but let's not exaggerate. There have been far better years than this one for a single platform.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="UkHardcore, post: 0]Wow.. Tony Hawks, SSX, Red Faction & Twisted Metal :lol:[/quote]

Why not? Microsoft is bragging about Naruto, PGR4, Ace Combat, and Scene it for crying out loud. :lol:

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
[QUOTE="kokoriet, post: 0]Very offtopic here, but with Starcraft 2.. HELLZ YEAH <|[email protected]
That isn't to say supreme commander was amazing, but cummon, even clowns crapped their pants with the unraveling of SC2 ;)
[/quote]Remember Cavedog's Total Annihilation? Man when that came out there was a huge gasp across the face of the globe :D But one game doesn't make it a great gaming year. This year has really seen an explosion is really top quality games.

100Mil4Three

too bad they wont beat sales from last year, and i think the trend will continue next year. you can't claim success when u aren't meeting previous sales with cheaper hardware people... we'll unless your msft

B

Bakari

[QUOTE="100Mil4Three, post: 0]too bad they wont beat sales from last year, and i think the trend will continue next year. you can't claim success when u aren't meeting previous sales with cheaper hardware people... we'll unless your msft[/quote]

I advise you read the thread directly below this :lol:

100Mil4Three

for what they aren't going to sell as many as they did last year buddy. Last time i checked they stated 10 million sold by december 2006. Well atleast according to msft... and they are tracking what 13 -14 mill this year. hmmm maybe the thread below is filled with fanboys who wouldn't know up from down in the buiness world. And it seems that would include you buddy

ishanz

Superior Member
May 15, 2005
[QUOTE="UkHardcore, post: 0]Wow.. Tony Hawks, SSX, Red Faction & Twisted Metal :lol:[/quote]

All of those were good games back then. Now, TH series has gone to crap.

A

Aerial Life

[QUOTE="LeisureSuitLarry, post: 0]Uh....its a good lineup and by far the best lineup versus the Wii or the PS3, but best ever? Sorry, but that is ridiculous. [/quote]

Quoted for thruth, out of the PS3 and Wii the 360 has the best lineup, but not the best ever.

S

SteelerFan

[QUOTE="byoushinn, post: 0]ps3s 08 lineup completely crushes the lineup there
of course thats just my imo.[/quote]

Here we go, let the flaming begin.

That is the most ridiculous statement made here in a while. And that's saying something. I could shoot a million holes in that silly statement, but I don't want to get an infraction.

May 3, 2007
www.gameplayfirst.co.uk
Viva Pinata lol. Id of left it at:

Project Gotham Racing® 4, BioShock (2K Games), Mass Effect (MGS), The Orange Box (EA) and the legendary Halo® 3. Doesn't hurt to add in 3rd party titles MS, Assassins Creed should be there. I kinow OB is 3rd party but it ain't releasing on the PS3 this fall.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="SteelerFan, post: 0]Here we go, let the flaming begin.

That is the most ridiculous statement made here in a while. And that's saying something. I could shoot a million holes in that silly statement, but I don't want to get an infraction.[/quote]

Why is his statement ridiculous?