Microsoft Pre-GDC press conference announcements (All in OP)

skynet212

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Im so happy for Child of Eden. YEAH! Keep it coming MS :) Im getting my moneys worth. OOOHHH and the spring update coming, YYYEEESSS!!!!!

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
[QUOTE="skynet212, post: 5450279]Im so happy for Child of Eden. YEAH! Keep it coming MS :) Im getting my moneys worth. OOOHHH and the spring update coming, YYYEEESSS!!!!![/QUOTE]

At least, you're happy unlike many of us here...

Seriously i was expecting at least 2 core games we didn't know about but what we got is Star Wars kinect ? LOL this game will be crap, mark my words.

Now on IGN they say "this is just the beginning" ok next event i say they will talk about Forza 4 wich we also know is coming this fall and E3 will be all about Gears 3 and maybe a couple titles but honestly i lost hope, it's been way too long since MS first party guys released a serious game. If it wasn't for Gears 3 i don't know if i would keep my 360, the company can't rely on 3rd parties forever when Sony are pumping some crazy *** good, different and creative games all around.

I thought they would be talking about the japanese games for kinect like the Panzer dragoon like game... or the new suda51 game... not even that.

They talk about their damn map packs and XBLA games as if they were big game releases... LOL gimme a break, they're laughing at us big time !

cpitt

Super Elite
Mar 14, 2007
www.youtube.com
Oh oh Microsoft dropped the ball, if they wanted to keep the Hardcore Xbox gamers on deck rule of thumb is release something or even a special edition console with COD on it.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
I'm really craving Gears but.. Yea this does feel barebones. I'm hoping E3 gives us better titles to enjoy though honestly I really do think it's going to be mostly Kinect stuff.

May 20, 2007
I think MS has done a paradigm shift and is now making Kinect their primary focus from now on. They seem to have struck gold with Kinect more than their other business plans.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="FinalEvangelion, post: 5450405]I think MS has done a paradigm shift and is now making Kinect their primary focus from now on. They seem to have struck gold with Kinect more than their other business plans.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5450127]Rawrrrrr... FF Versus Multiplat!!! wait... rumors wrong again?? could it be??

this rumor has been wrong for 2 or 3 years a row... but i am sure people will create this rumor for E3, GDC, VGA and etc because they thought SE's wording is weird or because they thought SE attending a conference is weird.

i wont name names since it will be a gigantic list, but there is no point of creating rumors without any legitimate reason.[/QUOTE]

People thought FF13 was going to stay exclusive. It didn't. A pretty good chance that vs isn't exclusive either.

Kydosan

Forum Elder
Apr 3, 2007
[QUOTE="ufo8mycat, post: 5450276]I guess they going where the money is...Kinect.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. Let's face it the 360 is looking dated. Will the hardcore stick around, when they could be playing the same games with M+K, with much better graphics on their PCs?

Not that I wouldn't like to see good 360 exclusives, but I've bought every non-exclusive bar cod on the pc for months, and even all my COD buddies have jumped ship to the PC now.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="Galvanise_, post: 5450198]This was Microsoft's big 'TA-DA'.[/QUOTE]
I'm not seeing it...
The overhyped Pink PSP and Ms Pacman for XBL announcements were a million times better than this lol

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
That does suck for xbox360 owners only, my advice is try and get the money and buy a ps3, so many great games coming on it. You guys should give it to E3 and if not much is new forget xbox.

[QUOTE="Kydosan, post: 5450425]Pretty much. Let's face it the 360 is looking dated. Will the hardcore stick around, when they could be playing the same games with M+K, with much better graphics on their PCs?

Not that I wouldn't like to see good 360 exclusives, but I've bought every non-exclusive bar cod on the pc for months, and even all my COD buddies have jumped ship to the PC now.[/QUOTE]

+rep. I think both consoles are looking dated to be honest. My pc is seriousley sick, it makes games look just unbelievable to console. I always get like this, but i thought this gen would be different. I get like 4-5 years in the console cycle and i make a new pc and wait for the next gen of consoles. I have done it again.

I think this gen is tired, it's all shooters, games are obsessed with graphics to try and please a never happy crowd and you end up with short or miss focused games. FFxiii should have been amazing, but i think they got lost in making an amazing looking game, not an amazing game.

I mean i'm totally happy with my consoles and i still play them, they just don't wow me anymore. on a pc you can always have great looking games, so they have to work other stuff. I'm more excited for games like SKYRIM, than anything else. I know i can get lost in that world and just enjoy it.

all in all i'm happy for the xbox to be that console that i just play on. My ps3 gets its exclusive love, but i want my last guardian more than anything. Skyrim will probs be my goty and ill buy it on both 360 and pc coz im stupid like that lol

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5450432]That does suck for xbox360 owners only, my advice is try and get the money and buy a ps3, so many great games coming on it. You guys should give it to E3 and if not much is new forget xbox.[/QUOTE]

agreed... lol i would be pretty upset if i only owned xbox. good thing i own a PS3 and PC as well.

but i am seeing smaller reason to keep my xbox around... Only gears is keeping me from selling it. it is gonna be dusty as hell by the time gears comes out.

bariton1

Superior Member
Oct 20, 2006
Berlin
Reads like the last 3 years. Halo, some more Halo, Gears, Fable and some Forza ... is that the only thing MS has left in their sleeves ? I would get tired of these so called exclusives if i was a Xbox only consumer ^^
But hey thousands of party-people-loves-Kinect games are waiting, congrats King George ! And how arrogant to say "third party games will sell our system" pff i don´t think so, not when the ps3 has the same exact multi games without any extra cost for online play.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="bariton1, post: 5450461]Reads like the last 3 years. Halo, some more Halo, Gears, Fable and some Forza ... is that the only thing MS has left in their sleeves ? I would get tired of these so called exclusives if i was a Xbox only consumer ^^
But hey thousands of party-people-loves-Kinect games are waiting, congrats King George ! And how arrogant to say "third party games will sell our system" pff i don´t think so, not when the ps3 has the same exact multi games without any extra cost for online play.[/QUOTE]

well... MS dont really have any first party devs to supply us with quality exclusives.

Bungie is no longer working for MS/Halo. Epic is rumored to go multiplat and etc..

they know they cant compete in terms of exclusives against Sony, so they are changing the playing field compeletely..

Mar 11, 2009
Charlotte,NC
I'm not sure why some of you were expecting more from Microsoft, they only announce so many games a year.. Or maybe GDC isn't that big of a deal to Microsoft to announce new IP's..

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="The Sith, post: 5450200]Color me disappointed was expecting more. I will wait till E3.[/QUOTE]

Don't set yourself up for disappointment. I would expect nothing at E3, just to be safe.

[QUOTE="skynet212, post: 5450279]Im so happy for Child of Eden. YEAH! Keep it coming MS :) Im getting my moneys worth. OOOHHH and the spring update coming, YYYEEESSS!!!!![/QUOTE]

For 2011, I am looking forward to Child of Eden Kinect, Ms. Splosion Man, Dishwasher: Vampire Smiles, Gears of War 3, The Gunstringer, Forza 4, Star Wars Kinect, XCOM and Project Draco as far as exclusives are concerned. I am gonna have to see what they are announcing at E3, if anything. I am also getting Crysis 2, Operation Flashpoint: Red River, Bulletstorm, Battlefield 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, L.A. Noire, Saints Row 3, Gray Matter, Shift 2, F1 2011, Never Dead, Spec Ops: The Line, Dungeon Siege, Max Payne 3, Brink, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Silent Hill: Downpour, FEAR 3, Homefront, Tomb Raider, Rage, Duke Nukem Forever, Call of Duty 8 and Mass Effect 3 all on Xbox 360.

That doesn't even include the exclusive titles I am getting on my PS3 (and I am getting the multiplatform Portal 2 on my PS3). So in my case, my 360 is getting some exclusive downtime, but it's gonna be working overtime...probably more use than it has ever had actually.

[QUOTE="FinalEvangelion, post: 5450405]I think MS has done a paradigm shift and is now making Kinect their primary focus from now on. They seem to have struck gold with Kinect more than their other business plans.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am not even sure Kinect is a focus either. Nothing new was announced for Kinect either, with a open Q2 date for Child of Eden. What else? Nothing. So that can't be it.

[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5450432]That does suck for xbox360 owners only, my advice is try and get the money and buy a ps3, so many great games coming on it. You guys should give it to E3 and if not much is new forget xbox.[/QUOTE]

Each console has had their good and bad years. I would have sold my Wii a couple years ago, my PS3 a year ago, all because they have down years for me. But I knew that more would come later, so I kept them and it's been worth it (well, not so much the Wii). I will be doing the same with the 360. The first 5 years have been mind blowing. 6th year right now is looking a little stale compared to others as far as exclusives. But that is ok.

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
Well, I have a decent sized backlog of games to get but this still is kinda disappointing. At least my PS3 will keep me company.

The Sith

Forum Sage
Nov 15, 2007
Dallas, Texas
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 5450636]Microsoft are at the top for great games and DLC's

Just wondering what Sony will do to level the playing field[/QUOTE]
Sony don't need to do anything if you look at thre hardcore exclusives titles that's releasing mow thru the end of the year compare it to MS list of exclusives thru the end of the year it's a no brainer. Unless you want to play a lot 3rd party titles and Kinect games theres really nothing to look foward to on the 360 other than GEOW3.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="The Sith, post: 5450649]Sony don't need to do anything if you look at thre hardcore exclusives titles that's releasing mow thru the end of the year compare it to MS list of exclusives thru the end of the year it's a no brainer. Unless you want to play a lot 3rd party titles and Kinect games theres really nothing to look foward to on the 360 other than GEOW3.[/QUOTE]

Just quoting as an example

.. this is not going to turn into the next list war thread. Nope.. not gonna happen.

Discuss the conference, but if this turns into a PS3 vs 360 pissing match, it is going to the trash

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="claud3, post: 5450636]Microsoft are at the top for great games and DLC's[/QUOTE]
Indeed, MS has a great line up of 3rd and first party this year, and I will probably spend more on gaming this year than I ever have.

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
[QUOTE="skulpt, post: 5450687]I guess a big question is whether games announced at E3 have ever really been released in the same year? That's way too tight of a window unless the games are getting wrapped up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's not enough time to announce a game and release it at the end of the year. The only example I can think of was in Nintendos case back in the day. They announced Diddy Kong Racing at E3 and released it in the Winter. But that was eons ago lol I don't think there's any recent examples of that. But maybe we'll get lucky and Microsoft will have a good first quarter of next year, in terms of releases.

Kydosan

Forum Elder
Apr 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Fedos, post: 5450772]Yeah, that's not enough time to announce a game and release it at the end of the year. The only example I can think of was in Nintendos case back in the day. They announced Diddy Kong Racing at E3 and released it in the Winter. But that was eons ago lol I don't think there's any recent examples of that. But maybe we'll get lucky and Microsoft will have a good first quarter of next year, in terms of releases.[/QUOTE]
Forza 3 was unveiled at E3 and came out ~4 months later.

On the Kinect front we should be seeing a ton of games released at E3 which will hit before Christmas. If not, something's gone horribly wrong in Xbox-land.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="The Sith, post: 5450649]Sony don't need to do anything if you look at thre hardcore exclusives titles that's releasing mow thru the end of the year compare it to MS list of exclusives thru the end of the year it's a no brainer. Unless you want to play a lot 3rd party titles and Kinect games theres really nothing to look foward to on the 360 other than GEOW3.[/QUOTE]

This.^^

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="A7MAD, post: 5450253]It's no secret that this underwhelmed many people...

We do know more titles are coming, titles MS never discussed at this press only event, so E3 will obviously be their forum of choice to show titles and announce for 2011 and possibly into 2012.[/QUOTE]

How do we know more titles are coming??? if you mean more kinect games, then sure.

2011?? as many people stated here, i highly doubt it.

2012 bit more possible, but what else we dont know??

Only game i see coming are Codename Kingdom, Fable 4 and 343's Halo.

and that is the best case scenario...

Last edited:

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5450849]How do we know more titles are coming??? if you mean more kinect games, then sure.

2011?? as many people stated here, i highly doubt it.

2012 bit more possible, but what else we dont know??

Only game i see coming are Codename Kingdom, Fable 4 and 343's Halo.

and that is the best case scenario...[/QUOTE]

Because of little quotes like this:
That's according to the senior producer of Microsoft's interactive entertainment business, Kevin Unangst, who told CVG that this afternoon's Xbox 360 announcements are "just the beginning" of what 2011 has to offer.

"Hardcore gamers are where it started and absolutely, we've got Gears, great games like Homefront, Batman: Arkham City... if you like core games - and I'm a core gamer - this is going to be an incredible year," he said, adding that "what you're seeing here today is just the beginning."

MS doesn't do things like Sony and announce stuff years ahead of release. MS could very well have more in store for the conferences. Kinect games, most likely. Core titles, yep. Exclusives? Maybe not... point is, there will be plenty of news coming in the next few months.

Just my opinion of course, but I have never found myself as a "gamer" not finding titles to buy. It'd be a sad time in my life if all I did was worry about exclusives to play. MP games are the crux of game sales. If MS has an exclusive, fine, I will get it most likely. If the PS3 does, same thing, but I will not shun or discount 3rd party (or online Indie/arcade) titles just because they don't hold the heralded fanboy AAA decree.