Microsoft Pre-GDC press conference announcements (All in OP)

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
I have seen the ps3 line up and sorry if my opinion made this a 360 vs ps3
stand of.

i love the fact microsoft and sony have the line up of games that we all want, love and enjoy and that is amazing

I just like the MS line up more....

May 20, 2008
Microsoft's lineup is looking pretty good so far. I cant wait to see what else they have in store. Right now it looks like Im might be getting about 5 titles for the 360. Hopefully Rare will come through with something later on.

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 5450934]Microsoft's lineup is looking pretty good so far. I cant wait to see what else they have in store. Right now it looks like Im might be getting about 5 titles for the 360. Hopefully Rare will come through with something later on.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure "Kinect Sports 2" will come at the end of the year but honestly i want a core game by Rare ! i miss Rare core games so much...

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="ddPLaNeT, post: 5450940]I'm sure "Kinect Sports 2" will come at the end of the year but honestly i want a core game by Rare ! i miss Rare core games so much...[/QUOTE]

Rare has stated that they are working on other games besides the kinect titles. Im sure we will be seeing something on the core side from them at this E-3.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 5450886]Because of little quotes like this:

[/QUOTE]

yea....but doesn't this so called "amazing" "you wouldnt want to miss" and etc announcement tells us anything??

Hell, MS was supposed to have "Amazing" "Big announcement" a month ago..

:lol: xbox section in GT forum was going crazy.

but it only turned out to be Homefront map. :lol: :lol:

and can you also provide a link or a list of games that was released within only few months after announcements??

and to be honest, i am not sure if i understand "MP got better sales" argument...

why bring sales into this?? Just Dance prob out sold so many games on Xbox and PS3.

and as i stated before, huge portion of quality games are exclusives.

so to me, it would matter if there are only small choices of quality games to choose from.

Edit. read the article...

i would hate to see what future games are if he is bringing up games like Gunstringer as "great game"

[QUOTE="ddPLaNeT, post: 5450940]I'm sure "Kinect Sports 2" will come at the end of the year but honestly i want a core game by Rare ! i miss Rare core games so much...[/QUOTE]

well.. most talents left Rare already... they are almost completely a different entity now.

Last edited:
S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 5450934]Microsoft's lineup is looking pretty good so far. I cant wait to see what else they have in store. Right now it looks like Im might be getting about 5 titles for the 360. Hopefully Rare will come through with something later on.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 5450962]Rare has stated that they are working on other games besides the kinect titles. Im sure we will be seeing something on the core side from them at this E-3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...Rare rocks. I am looking forward to their titles.

Dennis Dyack

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2008
[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5450446]I think both consoles are looking dated to be honest.[/quote]

Not dated, just need a wider variety of games

[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5450446]II think this gen is tired, it's all shooters, games are obsessed with graphics to try and please a never happy crowd and you end up with short or miss focused games.[/QUOTE]

/\ /\ /\ /\ AGREED!

Too much emphasis on graphics and not enough on gameplay.

There are just way too many shooters. I've totally burned out on shooters. Halo 2, 3 & Reach, COD 2 , MW, MW2, etc. Oh, forgot The Battlefields as well. :rolleyes:

Right now I have AC: Brotherhood, Splinter Cell Conviction, Batman:AA and I'm looking forward to Arkham City and then Fable III when the price drops.

BTW, AC: Brotherhood MP is amazing.

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
Each consoles has move sensers and never know what to do.

yes i seem to have lost my mind. But since the wii has been there and moved the t-shirt, ms and sony are throwing out the titles of crunch and hope they work and they do

Aug 15, 2010
Ubermadness man grow up i own both consoles and the ps3 doesnt have much to brag about the only good games on it was God of war 3 and uncharted everything else has been meh at best, heck even the third party games play like crap on ps3 so plz stop braging

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Jannlee48504, post: 5452458]Ubermadness man grow up i own both consoles and the ps3 doesnt have much to brag about the only good games on it was God of war 3 and uncharted everything else has been meh at best, heck even the third party games play like crap on ps3 so plz stop braging[/QUOTE]

Haha :) Interesting opinion.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Jannlee48504, post: 5452458]Ubermadness man grow up i own both consoles and the ps3 doesnt have much to brag about the only good games on it was God of war 3 and uncharted everything else has been meh at best, heck even the third party games play like crap on ps3 so plz stop braging[/QUOTE]

Somebody sounds bitter. :lol:

U

UberMadness

i own two console as well, but wth?? "Only good game are God of war 3 and uncharted"??
"third party games play like crap on PS3"

lol.. what are you kidding me??

that wasnt very stealthy was it?? now we know what you are.

[QUOTE="ghost_rhayne, post: 5452467]Haha :) Interesting opinion.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="radgamer420, post: 5452479]Somebody sounds bitter. :lol:[/QUOTE]

good one!
but i think he is well past that. i think he is hurting in that place where you poop. lol. jkjk.

i am not playing the game he is playing. he is beyond reasoning, so lets just ignore him and report.

Last edited:

lol Oh dear. Surely you jest?

Anywho, I don't blame the majority for being disappointed. They seriously need to cut the Kinect stuff and focus on the people that made their console a success. Us. The hardcore. I just can't stand this huge drive towards 3rd party software to feed their main fans appetite. Give us some more games developed solely for my 360, to really show what it can do. I love me some Halo and Gears, but c'mon, give us some fresh meat, and soon.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007

I have three suggestions, from staff\seasoned debater\poster to a fellow poster.

1. Keep trolling to a minimum

2. IF you make bold assertions be prepared to back them up. Throwing a frag like that in threads and then prancing away like a frolicking unicorn using the defense "just my opinion" won't go over well.

3. Acquire superior spelling skills.

Uber may lay it on pretty thick at times, but please, try to stay level headed and make reasonable, constructive, non-inflammatory, posts.

Technically what you said isn't out of line, no rules broken. But it's dangerously close. So, this is just me politely saying that we should all (not just you) perhaps try and mature this discussion a bit. It's getting a bit juvenile.

Aug 15, 2010
Heres my reasoning

1. killzone 2 and 3 are graphical beasts but lack any kind of substance the story is only meh the level design is very liner (not sure i spelled it correctly) the online portion of the game is lacking to the point of whats the point of playing.

2. same can be said about the resistance series

3.rachet and clank is not in the same league as mario games heck they 360 doesnt even have any real platformers so they both suck

4. Littlebigplanet i mean come on man its not even a real game it plays like a tutorial to teach u to build levels the single player feels barebones compared to games like new super mario bros wii or even old sonic games.

5. which brings me to uncharted and GOW3 damn near perct games great story graphics gameplay is balanced and level design perfect naughty dog and santa monica studios did great

You can have all these great graphical games but without substance they are only meh at best gears and halo are great games because its not only about the single player like most sony games its also about the multiplayer aspect which give them tons of replay value thats something i feel sony developers need to work on since most of their multiplayer games feel like they were made as a afterthought in my opinion

My point is both systems have their faults i can think back to when the ps3 didnt have many games at all worth mentioning only blu ray movies but i never bashed it like many that are here bashing 360 we all know MS plays everything close to chest sony likes to release info 2 to 3 years ahead of time so who cares lets just play games.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2011
Not a great lineup to be honest, the only games worth getting on xbox this year are all multi-plat imho. (And I've decided to start getting all the multi-plat games on my 360 anyway as opposed to my ps3).

[QUOTE="Jannlee48504, post: 5452741]Heres my reasoning

1. killzone 2 and 3 are graphical beasts but lack any kind of substance the story is only meh the level design is very liner (not sure i spelled it correctly) the online portion of the game is lacking to the point of whats the point of playing.

2. same can be said about the resistance series

3.rachet and clank is not in the same league as mario games heck they 360 doesnt even have any real platformers so they both suck

4. Littlebigplanet i mean come on man its not even a real game it plays like a tutorial to teach u to build levels the single player feels barebones compared to games like new super mario bros wii or even old sonic games.
[/QUOTE]

Last time I will respond to you.

1. I like the story, and most FPS/TPS this generation have linear levels. From point A to point B. The same goes for Gears and Halo, which are great games, but linear none-the-less.

2. Resistance stories lack substance? I doubt you've played them then.

3. Ratchet and Clank rule.

4 Again I say, oh dear. Apparently you didn't play it, or use it to it's full potential.

I hope to goodness I don't hear you later on within these boards talking about how much COD rocks...because then I am just gonna blow a gasket. :lol: Now lets get back to the topic at hand and stop the thread derailment. C'mon man you're not even 12 posts in and already starting trouble. Just calm down and relax. It's perfectly fine, and justifiable for people to be upset over lack of hardcore content this year. We want more, and I just seriously doubt Microsoft can announce anything at E3, and have it available to us within a 6 month window. We'll see though, and hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Jan 11, 2008
www.Thetf.net
Here's hoping for a great E3.

Here's what I reckon we'll see from Microsoft.

Modern Warfare 3 stage demo, mentioning timed exclusive map packs again.
Metal Gear Solid: Rising stage demo
Gears of War 3 Stage Demo
Casual Kinect title announcements (Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2 etc, Kinectimals 2 and some new games)
Star Wars Kinect stage demo.
Codename: Kingdoms full reveal (I think it'll be 2012)
Forza 4 trailer/smack talk.
New Halo game announced for 2012.
Halo:CEmake announced for November 2011.
Xbox Live functionality update.
Crackdown 3 trailer. (2012)
Alan Wake 2 announcement. (2012)

Even though it looks feature packed, I'd still consider that disappointing.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
I feel sorry for those who only own an xbox. The line up is a sorry sight. It's interesting to see 360 lose its momentum in this stage of the current gen life cycle, like a car out of gas. No one seems to know what it's doing, what direction it's going in and while it sits there scratching its head, the competition rains down amazing titles...

Jan 11, 2008
www.Thetf.net
[QUOTE="ghost_rhayne, post: 5453005]I feel sorry for those who only own an xbox. The line up is a sorry sight. It's interesting to see 360 lose its momentum in this stage of the current gen life cycle, like a car out of gas. No one seems to know what it's doing, what direction it's going in and while it sits there scratching its head, the competition rains down amazing titles...[/QUOTE]

I think Microsoft have things lined up, but I think there have been problems behind the scenes.

Clearly they are pushing Kinect, so we'll at the very least see Kinect functionality in their 1st party IP. They'll also provide a selection of 3rd party games exclusively for Kinect.

I think they've had a few projects run overtime behind the scenes, hence Gears 3 being moved to September. Maybe a new Halo was meant to be released. . maybe Codename: Kingdoms.

They simply do not have the studios to pump out core exclusives and Kinect games. Kinect will give a bigger pay-off so they'll work on that themselves and contract out work to smaller studios (Ruffian, the next PGR developer etc) to fill the gaps.

I think that Bungie, Valve and Biowares PS3 plans have hit at an awkward time too.

Microsoft will be fine and will fight through it, but it does look a bit sloppy at present.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="ghost_rhayne, post: 5453005]I feel sorry for those who only own an xbox. The line up is a sorry sight. It's interesting to see 360 lose its momentum in this stage of the current gen life cycle, like a car out of gas. No one seems to know what it's doing, what direction it's going in and while it sits there scratching its head, the competition rains down amazing titles...[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think a big part of it is MS just doesn't have the studios to pump out core exclusives so theyre relying on 3rd party multiplatform games to try to sustain the core users while chasing after the casual market with Kinect. Sony's strong first party strategy is really paying off while MS is finding out the hard way why first party is so important. Core gamers who do their research will see that these multiplatform games that MS is relying on so heavily can also be played on the PS3 as well as a boatload of great exclusives that cant be played on any other platform and never will be on any other platform. Add free online play to that and you've got a winner. So its no surprise that Sony has been effectively closing the worldwide gap as the 360 momentum is winding down.

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5449945]Gears of War 3 images released at pre-GDC as well. Crysis 2 what? :)
[/QUOTE]

Supersampling what?

Textures don't look so great either :/

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
[QUOTE="Galvanise_, post: 5452985]Here's hoping for a great E3.

Here's what I reckon we'll see from Microsoft.

Modern Warfare 3 stage demo, mentioning timed exclusive map packs again.
Metal Gear Solid: Rising stage demo
Gears of War 3 Stage Demo
Casual Kinect title announcements (Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2 etc, Kinectimals 2 and some new games)
Star Wars Kinect stage demo.
Codename: Kingdoms full reveal (I think it'll be 2012)
Forza 4 trailer/smack talk.
New Halo game announced for 2012.
Halo:CEmake announced for November 2011.
Xbox Live functionality update.
Crackdown 3 trailer. (2012)
Alan Wake 2 announcement. (2012)

Even though it looks feature packed, I'd still consider that disappointing.[/QUOTE]
To be fair if this happens I'll be happy enough. Slightly disappointing yes but still enough there to keep me using my Xbox 360 and keep my subscription running.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="JakeM, post: 5450251]So here is Microsoft's 2011 First Party Line-Up

January - August = Nothing
September = Gears of War 3
October = Forza 4
November = Halo Rehash

PATHETIC.[/QUOTE]

yea it is pretty weak...
[QUOTE="Jannlee48504, post: 5452741]

My point is both systems have their faults i can think back to when the ps3 didnt have many games at all worth mentioning only blu ray movies but i never bashed it like many that are here bashing 360 we all know MS plays everything close to chest sony likes to release info 2 to 3 years ahead of time so who cares lets just play games.[/QUOTE]

Lol wut?? just like Kz3 and LBP2?? both just released and announced less than a year before??

stop sounding so bitter.. :lol: you really have nothing to back up anything.

Last edited:
what did sony have last year? were sony fans constantly bashing the ps3 and were sony getting bashed by fanboys for having no games bar GT5 for the end of the year, and that came out in december didnt it?

I just don't get why MS is getting this constant barrage all the time. Seems to have more games for the end of the year than sony did in 2010.

Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="ghost_rhayne, post: 5453005]I feel sorry for those who only own an xbox.[/QUOTE]

why would you feel sorry for someone who only owns a 360, they will have access to any amount of multi-plats to look forward to as well as Kinect and any 360 specific games like Gears.

i'd have said 2011 is looking very good for those who only own a 360 and if they also own a PS3, they can add all those PS3 exclusives (that are any good) to a very long (by now) gaming list.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5453055]what did sony have last year?[/QUOTE]

a lot (including me) were looking forward to LBP2 that turned out to be no more than the equivalent to DLC and i can only but hope that the BIG exclusives for the rest of the year that i'm after review better than KZ3.