Microsoft Pre-GDC press conference announcements (All in OP)

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5453055]what did sony have last year? were sony fans constantly bashing the ps3 and were sony getting bashed by fanboys for having no games bar GT5 for the end of the year, and that came out in december didnt it?

I just don't get why MS is getting this constant barrage all the time. Seems to have more games for the end of the year than sony did in 2010.[/QUOTE]

No one is fabricating something isnt there...

and whats up with Xbox fanboys are better argument?? all you need to do is google to know that pretty much all your sentences are wrong.

[QUOTE="Pez_555, post: 5453112]Im pretty sure MS are happy with the situation they have right now, they are making tons of money.[/QUOTE]

and i am sure that makes you happy. even though it has absolutely nothing to do with gaming or games line up.

[QUOTE="Galvanise_, post: 5453083]Keep the PS3 out of this guys. I will lock this thread if people bring in the PS3 line up to a thread about Microsoft. - Galv_[/QUOTE]

Apologies galv. My bad.

As long as gears is amazing I'm fine. It better be as good as the other 2. Which I'm sure it will be. Most company's can't even bring 2 player online co op to their campaigns and gears 3 is rocking 4 player! It's gonna be immense!!!! Plus forza and sone kinect games. I'm happy.

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Pez_555, post: 5453112]Im pretty sure MS are happy with the situation they have right now, they are making tons of money.[/QUOTE]

^^^ this.... As long as we keep getting games i dont care who makes them or whether they are 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party. The 360 had a great 2010 and will have a great 2011...We will be getting games like crysis 2, gears 3, forza 4, brink, and rage. And thats just for starters. There is plenty more coming from rare and games like child of eden and star wars for kinect. Code name kingdoms is also coming and will look awesome using the cryengine. Plus a whole lot of xbox live stuff and even more unannounced titles...Microsoft knows this industry isnt all about first party. Lately the 3rd party games have been just as good. A third party game beat out some 1st party titles for game of the year this year. Even runner up was 3rd party too...360 owners will be getting some great games this year. There is no doubt about that.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas

I'm sure they are with all the casuals buying Kinect, the closing down of almost all their internal studios and increasing the price of Xbox Live. But it sucks for the core 360 fans who have pretty much nothing but multiplats and Kinect games.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="radgamer420, post: 5453128]I'm sure they are with all the casuals buying Kinect, the closing down of almost all their internal studios and increasing the price of Xbox Live. But it sucks for the core 360 fans who have pretty much nothing but multiplats and Kinect games.[/QUOTE]

i dont know man... just from looking at posts here, they are completely fine with casualization of Xbox and lack of exclusives.

i cant tell it is sincere or just a denial, but MS has no reason focus more on hardcore when their main fanbase is acting like this.

hell, some people were fine with 10 dollar increase in XBL. thats like telling MS "CHARGE ME MOOOOA"

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453132]i dont know man... just from looking at posts here, they are completely fine with casualization of Xbox and lack of exclusives.

i cant tell it is sincere or just a denial, but MS has no reason focus more on hardcore when their main fanbase is acting like this.

hell, some people were fine with 10 dollar increase in XBL. thats like telling MS "CHARGE ME MOOOOA"[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thats true. I totally agree with you on that.

cpitt

Super Elite
Mar 14, 2007
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 5453127]^^^ this.... As long as we keep getting games i dont care who makes them or whether they are 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party. The 360 had a great 2010 and will have a great 2011...We will be getting games like crysis 2, gears 3, forza 4, brink, and rage. And thats just for starters. There is plenty more coming from rare and games like child of eden and star wars for kinect. Code name kingdoms is also coming and will look awesome using the cryengine. Plus a whole lot of xbox live stuff and even more unannounced titles...Microsoft knows this industry isnt all about first party. Lately the 3rd party games have been just as good. A third party game beat out some 1st party titles for game of the year this year. Even runner up was 3rd party too...360 owners will be getting some great games this year. There is no doubt about that.[/QUOTE]

Mainstream media does not pick my GOTY, but that's just me. Third party is amazing that is why I've decided I'm going back to being a one console owner well two I've I'm getting an NGP Courtesy of my trade from my 360.

I will have all my bases covered 1st party and 3rd Party, because the 360 demographic has made clear and Microsoft has heard loud and clear, LIVE, COD DLC, New halo reach maps. Gears fable and forza.

Nothing wrong with that just realized after owning my 360 since black Friday buying Reach (haven't passed yet), beating gears 1 and almost done with part 2. Still have to beat Mass effect 1.

I've realized I'm not part of that demographic, but in defense of the 360 if your a COD nut the 360 is the way to go.

Microsoft should be proud of having a fanbase that is so happy, in their well being that with their direction of kinect making them More millions, kind of ironic I was blown away and actually shocked that Uncharted was even getting a sequel playing the first one falling in love with franchise.

I taught the franchise was just going to be a cult classic dying off after the first one, since it didn't get the mainstream love as other games, really I don't k ow how they do it.

Last edited:

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453132]MS has no reason focus more on hardcore when their main fanbase is acting like this.
[/QUOTE]

I think that is a major part of the problem. I'm sure everyone here can think of many instances where it's fans have just lied down and taken it. MS has a very loyal fanbase and the worst part of that is MS knows it.

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453132]i dont know man... just from looking at posts here, they are completely fine with casualization of Xbox and lack of exclusives.

hell, some people were fine with 10 dollar increase in XBL. thats like telling MS "CHARGE ME MOOOOA"[/QUOTE]

Exclusives don't mean a lot to me because i have both consoles...I wont be missing out on anything. There isnt a lack of exclusives on xbox. Now, they dont have as many as the competition but what they do have is just as successful as any of the others....Having more exclusives means just that ... It sure as hell doesn't mean that every console owner will want them, but its nice to have those choices. The masses dont really care about whether a game is exclusive or not. They know what game they like. Thats why games like COD, GT, and Halo are so successful.... They like playing those games and will continue to buy them. It really doesn't have anything to do with the hardware. Its only people on forums like this that make exclusives such a big deal. The average gamer just want something they can enjoy.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="emmerich, post: 5453136]Seriously man what is your agenda? Do you even have an Xbox? Do you like Xbox? Why are you in this section if all you ever seem to do is ***** and moan about Microsoft and the Xbox. I'm sick of seeing you trolling this section it is becoming boring.

Why not contribute in a way which doesn't make you look like the biggest fanboy on the planet. I don't ever remember reading a post by you that wasn't some dig at Microsoft or their business plan.[/QUOTE]

i do own a xbox 360. and just because you dont like what i have to say that does not mean i am trolling.

most of the times, i back up my arguments whether with logic, examples, links or whatever. but the real question is why are you so bitter?? what is your agenda??

and my posts arent all negative towards Xbox 360. it is just that some people with certain agendas wishes to believe otherwise.

either way, if you think my reasoning is off or wrong, please go ahead and tell me why. it just seems like you are lashing out because you don't like to hear certain truths.

Pez_555

Master Guru
Feb 3, 2006
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453114]

and i am sure that makes you happy. even though it has absolutely nothing to do with gaming or games line up.[/QUOTE]

what are you implying?

The more money MS make the more they can allocate to games for the end of this gen/next gen. Just because MS will (apparently) have 1 bad year where there are (apparently) no games coming out does not mean anybody should be worried. Just because the games MS are releasing this year are not to some people's taste does not mean they aren't for everyone's taste. It's all about opinion.

Im not worried at all, the only game i need is Gears 3. That's the way im looking at it right now. I have too many other things to care about in my life.

[QUOTE="radgamer420, post: 5453128]I'm sure they are with all the casuals buying Kinect, the closing down of almost all their internal studios and increasing the price of Xbox Live. But it sucks for the core 360 fans who have pretty much nothing but multiplats and Kinect games.[/QUOTE]

I agree to an extent, however i think we are at a position where more people these days are multi-console owners. I dont feel sorry for any 360 fanboy who owns just a 360 as they are the ones that need to get out and experience some of the quality games they are missing out on the PS3.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 5453142]I think that is a major part of the problem. I'm sure everyone here can think of many instances where it's fans have just lied down and taken it. MS has a very loyal fanbase and the worst part of that is MS knows it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Personally I would be upset with any company that doesn't present exclusives and new IP.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Staticneuron, post: 5453172]Agreed. Personally I would be upset with any company that doesn't present exclusives and new IP.[/QUOTE]

This.^^

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="cpitt, post: 5453137]Mainstream media does not pick my GOTY, but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Nope, but to the devs mainstream matters.
Third party is amazing that is why I've decided I'm going back to being a one console owner well two I've I'm getting an NGP Courtesy of my trade from my 360.

I will have all my bases covered 1st party and 3rd Party, because the 360 demographic has made clear and Microsoft has heard loud and clear, LIVE, COD DLC, New halo reach maps. Gears fable and forza.

Nothing wrong with that just realized after owning my 360 since black Friday buying Reach (haven't passed yet), beating gears 1 and almost done with part 2. Still have to beat Mass effect 1.

I've realized I'm not part of that demographic, but in defense of the 360 if your a COD nut the 360 is the way to go.

Microsoft should be proud of having a fanbase that is so happy, in their well being that with their direction of kinect making them More millions, kind of ironic I was blown away and actually shocked that Uncharted was even getting a sequel playing the first one falling in love with franchise.

I taught the franchise was just going to be a cult classic dying off after the first one, since it didn't get the mainstream love as other games, really I don't k ow how they do it.
Microsoft has chosen a different strategy than to own a bunch of first party studios. I think we all know they have the funds to purchase any developer or publisher out there. Its not all about that. This industry isn't the same as it was 10 to 15 years ago. Owning a bunch of studios probably isnt in their best interest this gen. Now, we would like them to get some more 1st party devs and it may or may not happen. Even if ms had the same amount of studios people would still find something else to debate about. Still wouldn't stop the bickering.

Agreed. Personally I would be upset with any company that doesn't present exclusives and new IP.
Me too but its easier said than done.

Last edited:
U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 5453142]I think that is a major part of the problem. I'm sure everyone here can think of many instances where it's fans have just lied down and taken it. MS has a very loyal fanbase and the worst part of that is MS knows it.[/QUOTE]

agreed... it is like buying a used car..

you gotta make the other side work... but that isnt the relationship MS and their fans have.

MS has only very small motive to actually publishes any decent amount of IPs or exclusives.
but not all their consumer are like this.. i own a 360 and i am willing to voice my dissatisfaction. If there are enough like me, MS will have to listen. but this is hard as is with so many xbox fans making it hostile environment for anyone to voice their dissatisfaction.

[QUOTE="Pez_555, post: 5453167]what are you implying?

The more money MS make the more they can allocate to games for the end of this gen/next gen. Just because MS will (apparently) have 1 bad year where there are (apparently) no games coming out does not mean anybody should be worried. Just because the games MS are releasing this year are not to some people's taste does not mean they aren't for everyone's taste. It's all about opinion.

Im not worried at all, the only game i need is Gears 3. That's the way im looking at it right now. I have too many other things to care about in my life.[/quote]

this is prime example of what i am talking about..

no one said you have to buy all the games coming out. more choice= better for gamers
more gaming library=always better

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453212]agreed... it is like buying a used car..

you gotta make the other side work... but that isnt the relationship MS and their fans have.

MS has only very small motive to actually publishes any decent amount of IPs or exclusives.
but not all their consumer are like this.. i own a 360 and i am willing to voice my dissatisfaction. If there are enough like me, MS will have to listen. but this is hard as is with so many xbox fans making it hostile environment for anyone to voice their dissatisfaction.

[/QUOTE]

So what you are basically saying is that ms needs to take more chances than the ones they already have? Sometimes owning a bunch of ips isnt the best way to go.

May 20, 2007

The problem is I'm not a shareholder or employee of MS so I don't see any of that money. As an end customer and gamer, I see the end product and games.

If their recipe for success is Kinect, sequels to games I don't care much about (Gears / Halo), and multiplat titles (w/ PC as well because the fact I can play on PC influences my purchase decisions).

This is capitalism, so I'm sure they are happy losing me as a customer if they can gain three Kinect customers. I'm also doing my part of the capitalism and taking my money where my demands as a customer are being satisfied. If MS wants me as a customer again, they are going to have to make a few changes.

Anyway, things seemed to drastically change when Don Mattrick took over. Although Peter Moore was probably pressured to leave due to the HW issues, he did a much better job IMO on catering to gamers.

Pez_555

Master Guru
Feb 3, 2006
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453212]
this is prime example of what i am talking about..

no one said you have to buy all the games coming out. more choice= better for gamers
more gaming library=always better[/QUOTE]

in that case....agreed!

im just saying from my perspective im not too phased, i game much less now than i used to so im happy waiting until gears. The only games i really care about for the rest of this gen are gears and the next GTA.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 5453221]So what you are basically saying is that ms needs to take more chances than the ones they already have? Sometimes owning a bunch of ips isnt the best way to go.[/QUOTE]

What?? i repeat. why are you talking from MS perspective or stockholder perspective??

it does not matter what console sales are. it does not matter what the profitability if they are not willing to spend more on games. those things should only be talked about if it directly affects game development.

Starting a new IP is a huge risk for any firm, so from perspective of a stockholder. no it isnt the best way to go.

from gamer perspective?? more games = better. you are looking at this from an irrelevant point of view.

Last edited:
S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="Galvanise_, post: 5452985]Here's hoping for a great E3.

Here's what I reckon we'll see from Microsoft.

Modern Warfare 3 stage demo, mentioning timed exclusive map packs again.
Metal Gear Solid: Rising stage demo
Gears of War 3 Stage Demo
Casual Kinect title announcements (Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2 etc, Kinectimals 2 and some new games)
Star Wars Kinect stage demo.
Codename: Kingdoms full reveal (I think it'll be 2012)
Forza 4 trailer/smack talk.
New Halo game announced for 2012.
Halo:CEmake announced for November 2011.
Xbox Live functionality update.
Crackdown 3 trailer. (2012)
Alan Wake 2 announcement. (2012)

Even though it looks feature packed, I'd still consider that disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I find your list to be darn right awesome. Here is to hoping it is all true too. :)

[QUOTE="ghost_rhayne, post: 5453005]I feel sorry for those who only own an xbox. The line up is a sorry sight. It's interesting to see 360 lose its momentum in this stage of the current gen life cycle, like a car out of gas. No one seems to know what it's doing, what direction it's going in and while it sits there scratching its head, the competition rains down amazing titles...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a bummer that 2011 has a quiet line up. Luckily the first 5 years never disappointed. I am ready to take the bad with the good. Happens on every console.

And it's a killer line up of multiplats combined with first party that still makes 2011 for the Xbox 360 look amazing. I am glad that Microsoft's recipe for success has been limited first party, with lots of multiplats, some third party exclusives and tons of DLC. I love their direction, and I have spent more money in gaming on my Xbox 360 this past year than I ever have in gaming. Looks like 2011 is going to break my wallet on the 360 as well.

Good stuff.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5453323]
And it's a killer line up of multiplats combined with first party that still makes 2011 for the Xbox 360 look amazing. I am glad that Microsoft's recipe for success has been limited first party, with lots of multiplats, some third party exclusives and tons of DLC. I love their direction, and I have spent more money in gaming on my Xbox 360 this past year than I ever have in gaming. Looks like 2011 is going to break my wallet on the 360 as well.

Good stuff.[/QUOTE]

Can i ask why? No offense but that just sounds crazy.

What i interpreted from your post was "I love having less gaming choices"

Why would anyone like that? It'd be like getting paid less and saying "I love having a small income"

Whats the benefit?

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="Pez_555, post: 5453257]in that case....agreed!

im just saying from my perspective im not too phased, i game much less now than i used to so im happy waiting until gears. The only games i really care about for the rest of this gen are gears and the next GTA.[/QUOTE]

in that case, that is completely fine. you have your own demand and MS meets it. but i was speaking of people who are defending & supporting MS out of "royalty" even though it does not meet their demand.

[QUOTE="FinalEvangelion, post: 5453247]The problem is I'm not a shareholder or employee of MS so I don't see any of that money. As an end customer and gamer, I see the end product and games.

If their recipe for success is Kinect, sequels to games I don't care much about (Gears / Halo), and multiplat titles (w/ PC as well because the fact I can play on PC influences my purchase decisions).

This is capitalism, so I'm sure they are happy losing me as a customer if they can gain three Kinect customers. I'm also doing my part of the capitalism and taking my money where my demands as a customer are being satisfied. If MS wants me as a customer again, they are going to have to make a few changes.

Anyway, things seemed to drastically change when Don Mattrick took over. Although Peter Moore was probably pressured to leave due to the HW issues, he did a much better job IMO on catering to gamers.[/QUOTE]

Problem is that MS is not losing that many customers... as Bitbydeath said, they are "royal"

they are not thinking like you do.. they are not voting with their money... they are doing it out of "royalty"

and this thread does an excellent job of displaying that.

here is an example
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5453323]

Good stuff.[/QUOTE]

prime example of what i am talking about...

hopefully, there are enough people voicing their concern for MS to hear.

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 5453330]Can i ask why? No offense but that just sounds crazy.[/QUOTE]
Just depends on the person and their tastes in games I guess. It's always nice to have more games, and I would welcome them with open arms. That said, MS has been rockin' like dokken with the combination of all the games on the Xbox for the past 6 years. I have enjoyed every waking moment of my gaming on it. I have bought the most games EVER, 10 fold this gen.

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
Ms have a line up and sony have there line up. And some more than others, are going to hate the end result. But its a roll of the dice when it comes to pleasing us gamers, we are never happy unless we hate what we see and give a statement of what we want we must have. And what we get is even better than the dream...

So lets just stop the argument of what seems to be a great line up to most and a crap line up to others....

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="claud3, post: 5453346]So lets just stop the argument of what seems to be a great line up to most and a crap line up to others....[/QUOTE]
I agree...their petty bantering seems like a waste of 1's and 0's. Everyone should just enjoy the games and play them.