Microsoft Pre-GDC press conference announcements (All in OP)

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5453340]Just depends on the person and their tastes in games I guess. It's always nice to have more games, and I would welcome them with open arms. That said, MS has been rockin' like dokken with the combination of all the games on the Xbox for the past 6 years. I have enjoyed every waking moment of my gaming on it. I have bought the most games EVER, 10 fold this gen.[/QUOTE]

Games are great on both sides, no argument there, I love the Halo franchise, particularly 1 & 2. I would just be riding them about there business methods as a whole.

And by no means am I saying that people should stop supporting MS or buying there stuff or anything like that as that'd just mean you'd all miss out on some really great games, i'm just saying the voices should be spoken so that MS can hear it and do things right by the consumer.

But anyways, i don't own a 360 so it's not really my place to say anything. :)

U

UberMadness

Exactly... Enjoy the games you have.. By all means. But don't act as if it is ok or even better to have less games.

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453321]What?? i repeat. why are you talking from MS perspective or stockholder perspective??

it does not matter what console sales are. it does not matter what the profitability if they are not willing to spend more on games. those things should only be talked about if it directly affects game development.

Starting a new IP is a huge risk for any firm, so from perspective of a stockholder. no it isnt the best way to go.

from gamer perspective?? more games = better. you are looking at this from an irrelevant point of view.[/QUOTE]No i dont think so. From a gamers perspective you are saying ms needs more ips. To create more Ips they need to be willing to take chances or risks. They have taken plenty of risks and thankfully its been paying off. They just took a huge risk with the launch of kinect. I am speaking from a gamers perspective and what they are doing this gen makes a lot of sense business wise. They are staying innovative in ways we never thought they would.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 5453430]No i dont think so. From a gamers perspective you are saying ms needs more ips. To create more Ips they need to be willing to take chances or risks. They have taken plenty of risks and thankfully its been paying off. They just took a huge risk with the launch of kinect. I am speaking from a gamers perspective and what they are doing this gen makes a lot of sense business wise. They are staying innovative in ways we never thought they would.[/QUOTE]

going casual wasnt a huge risk.... casual market generally has way lower risk involved than hardcore.

funding and publishing games like Alan Wake was a real risk.. not this Kinect...

so tell me how MS not publishing new IP or not announcing new exclusive is "good" for gamers. the concept of" less games= good" boggles my mind.

Last edited:
What I always find interesting is that people who obviously have issue with the 360 in general are the ones extremely unhappy with their selection of games as a whole this year. Then there's that like their 360 and don't seem as bothered, or bothered at all, about 2011's line up.

Why should any one be worried about a line up of games when SKYRIM is released this year is beyond me. My mind and body is ready! Nothing will touch that game.

U

UberMadness

Lol.. what i always find if funny is that people who obvious are in love with 360 will always defend 360 to the death. they are so devoted that they are willing to say Less game= good.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5453323]I find your list to be darn right awesome. Here is to hoping it is all true too. :)

Yeah, it's a bummer that 2011 has a quiet line up. Luckily the first 5 years never disappointed. I am ready to take the bad with the good. Happens on every console.

And it's a killer line up of multiplats combined with first party that still makes 2011 for the Xbox 360 look amazing. I am glad that Microsoft's recipe for success has been limited first party, with lots of multiplats, some third party exclusives and tons of DLC. I love their direction, and I have spent more money in gaming on my Xbox 360 this past year than I ever have in gaming. Looks like 2011 is going to break my wallet on the 360 as well.

Good stuff.[/QUOTE]

First you say its a bummer that 2011 has such a quiet lineup but then in your reply to me you say 2011 for the 360 looks amazing. So which is it? Secondly what first party games are you referring to? 360 has only 2 core exclusives in 2011 and only one is first party. Everything else is multiplats and Kinect. Hardly what I would call "amazing". So basically the other console not only gets all the "killer lineup" of multiplats that the 360 gets but also a bunch of awesome exclusives as well. Not hard to figure out which console gives you more choices of games. But I guess less games is good? lol And the so called "exclusive" DLC for 360 all ends up on the rival console as well. Pointless "timed" exclusive DLC (when MS does get it). Seems like when the other console gets 3rd party DLC or content its for good. Like with Dead Space 2 for example.

Last edited:

acryllicaltair

Dedicated Member
Feb 24, 2010
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453496]going casual wasnt a huge risk.... casual market generally has way lower risk involved than hardcore.

funding and publishing games like Alan Wake was a real risk.. not this Kinect...

so tell me how MS not publishing new IP or not announcing new exclusive is "good" for gamers. the concept of" less games= good" boggles my mind.[/QUOTE]
Kinect was a risk. who knew that people would take it for $150? who knew that games on it would sell like bonkers, and who knew that a console as hardcore would appeal to the casual crowd? who knew that the huge marketing would pay off....you say t6hat there was not a risk involved, but truth of the matter is that there was a huge risk factor involved through and through the whole process.

secondly, no one is advocating for the fact that less games = good. what people have been saying is that these have to be quality, there is no need to get a load of games out with a good number being mediocre or average. look at the ps3, LBP2, KZ3 have been huge, but not the other titles that have been put out like DCUO or echochrome 2 have not been all that. more isn't always better.

secondly, as a gamer, there are lots of games that i want to play, last year, my library was split 50/50 between exclusives and third party titles, and that says a lot about the quality of third party titles coming out, there are a lot of games i have not played in previous years like AC 2, VF5, and im still thinking of getting exclusives like AW along with titles that are coming out this year....is the library thin? i dont think so, is MS not publishing a new IP? i dont think so, Kingdoms is one, they have kinect games coming out, and there are quite a good number of hardcores with the kinect, so i think you are reaching for something that doesnt exist. Bulletstorm
Rage
Crysis 2
dead space 2
NBA2k12
FIFA 12
Batman: Arkham city
Homefront
COD: MW3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
L.A Noire
Dragon age II
Battlefield 3
Deus Ex: Human revolution
Portal II
Bioshock infinite
Shift 2
FF XIII - 2

and a whole host of third party games are going to set platforms alight....there are way too many quality games coming out that i dont think i am going to get everything just like in years past, neither do i think that a lot of people over here can afford it. add that to the fact that i want Forza 4, gears of war 3, Kingdoms and XCOM (if the latter 2 deliver) then there is a lot of games to go around.

i buy platforms to play games in them, not just exclusives, so too do a lot of other people, this obsession with the 360 not having games is a fallacy

Last edited:

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
Kinect and Move were the best rish taken by both of them, because they have opened a motion tec consoles war

This means we get line up's that we can say nice line up and OMG always wanted to play that type of game with motion tec.

J3ff3

Elite Guru
Dec 30, 2006
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453513]Lol.. what i always find if funny is that people who obvious are in love with 360 will always defend 360 to the death. they are so devoted that they are willing to say Less game= good.[/QUOTE]

when will you realize that maybe some people take this slightly less seriously than you do? yes its a shame there aren't more good exclusives, but does it REALLY matter? in reality some of the biggest disappointments I've had this gen have come from exclusives, (alan wake and infamous spring to mind), and I don't really have much time or money to game at the moment. this doesn't mean "i'm in love with the 360, or will always defend it to the death, or think that "Less game = good" - what ever that broken English is supposed to mean.

it just means that i'm not wasting my time crying over spilt milk

*edit - your obsession with the *Love* of 360 owners, and the decline of your English, remind me of an old member here.....

Jun 4, 2007
The exclusives are the most important thing to me on the 360. I don't own one yet but I want to for a few titles but just those few titles isn't worth the money of a new console imo. I don't care about the multiplats being slightly better or live(a really strong selling point) because I can play all the multiplats on the ps3 and I don't game online. I've played everything on the 360 that I was interested in besides halo:reach and the splinter cell game. I won't be going back to play halo 3 or gears 1 and 2. Fable and forza are a no go because I'm not really into those genres. Kinect is certainly a no for me.

So for me, I'm sitting back waiting to see something besides Gears 3. Hopefully the halo remake is true and isn't all screwed up. Maybe project kingdoms will fall through with something amazing. Xcom can go **** itself. I don't like the gameplay I have seen nor the art direction.

Pez_555

Master Guru
Feb 3, 2006
[QUOTE="J3ff3, post: 5453612]when will you realize that maybe some people take this slightly less seriously than you do? yes its a shame there aren't more good exclusives, but does it REALLY matter? in reality some of the biggest disappointments I've had this gen have come from exclusives, (alan wake and infamous spring to mind), and I don't really have much time or money to game at the moment. this doesn't mean "i'm in love with the 360, or will always defend it to the death, or think that "Less game = good" - what ever that broken English is supposed to mean.

*edit - your obsession with the *Love* of 360 owners, and the decline of your English, remind me of an old member here.....[/QUOTE]

I agree, it doesn't matter to most but it will matter to the hardcore 360 only owners (im not sure there are any of those on these boards).

Threads on this site have turned into pissing matches. There used to be a time where good discussions took place but now its just PS3 vs 360 all the time and its getting really boring now.

J3ff3

Elite Guru
Dec 30, 2006
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 5453627]J3ff3,

lol, you speaking about me buddy boy or someon else

lol :)[/QUOTE]

nah, not you :D

although i do like the term 'rish' !

[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 5453629]The exclusives are the most important thing to me on the 360. I don't own one yet but I want to for a few titles but just those few titles isn't worth the money of a new console imo. I don't care about the multiplats being slightly better or live(a really strong selling point) because I can play all the multiplats on the ps3 and I don't game online. I've played everything on the 360 that I was interested in besides halo:reach and the splinter cell game. I won't be going back to play halo 3 or gears 1 and 2. Fable and forza are a no go because I'm not really into those genres. Kinect is certainly a no for me.

So for me, I'm sitting back waiting to see something besides Gears 3. Hopefully the halo remake is true and isn't all screwed up. Maybe project kingdoms will fall through with something amazing. Xcom can go **** itself. I don't like the gameplay I have seen nor the art direction.[/QUOTE]

you need to hope forza 4 is good, or that something else that has good longevity comes out. i agree though, i can't see it happening.

Last edited:

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="Pez_555, post: 5453630]....
Threads on this site have turned into pissing matches. There used to be a time where good discussions took place but now its just PS3 vs 360 all the time and its getting really boring now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, there's very few threads where game X can be mentioned before member Y comes in comparing it to game Z.

If there's one thing I hate about this generation, it is the platform rivalry. I can understand when your younger and have to settle for a single console but surely as you get older you owe it to yourself to get both of the platforms to truly enjoy the generations finest games.

Though as others have said exclusive games don't hold that much weight for me. Last exclusive 360 game I bought was Halo:ODST and for the PS3 it was Uncharted 2. And out of all of the exclusive games this year the only one I'm actually forward to is Zelda:Skyward Sword and also Pokemon Black/White (and I don't even own a Wii!!) otherwise I'm going to be having most of my gaming time with Multiplats. Unless something spectacular is released from either MS/Sony.

Eitherway it's not the strongest line up of games but it certainly isn't the weakest. Some solid games coming out that we know will sell well

Stupid Tapatalk

[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5453513]Lol.. what i always find if funny is that people who obvious are in love with 360 will always defend 360 to the death. they are so devoted that they are willing to say Less game= good.[/QUOTE]

Im not making a list of all the games coming out this year, but maybe you should realise that 90 percent of the everyday public that are the greatest number of people that own these consoles, and not us hardcore gaming fans, have no idea what an exclusive is.

if i could record to you how many times i get asked for forza on the ps3 or gt5 on the 360. Or Halo on the ps3, uncharted on the xbox.

The majority of people see a game as a game and don't look into the bottom corner of the box to see who published it.

Man ive had people argue with me that the people who made call of duty made Apache air assault. They have no idea that its made by someone else. They just see Activision in the corner.

I wish you would just see that some people see things different. There is Tons of games coming out this year, exclusive or not.

cpitt

Super Elite
Mar 14, 2007
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Pez_555, post: 5453630]I agree, it doesn't matter to most but it will matter to the hardcore 360 only owners (im not sure there are any of those on these boards).

Threads on this site have turned into pissing matches. There used to be a time where good discussions took place but now its just PS3 vs 360 all the time and its getting really boring now.[/QUOTE]

I must of been on a different forum than you, but this boards were always the same but the tables have turned. You all know my stance on which console I prefer.

But still bought a 360 as a blind leap of faith, even not being nursed on its declining franchises. My first halo game was halo reach primarily because it had everyone so riled up case in point haven beat it.

Back in topic the general discussion on a pro Sony forums, (basically like a refuge back then because everyone hated in the ps3). Was this xbox owners rubbed it when thy had exclusives like bioshock, acquired past 3rd party, etc.

General idea was that being a 360 owner and paying for LIVE, you were in a private club which you were automatically enlisted for, betas (COD 4), exclusive dlc, and even real exclusives it was believed that paying into the club. Besides giving you social gaming perks like party chat, and apps like Netflix

Also went to fundig games like gears which is a big game for th 360 fanbase. Well all of a sudden, studios get disbanded, fees go up, around the time COD BLOPS launches presumedly since they struck a deal for a percentage. Which is a shame to those that don't like COD.

Nowadays exclusives games are overated, 3rd party will suffice, kinect success is good for the core 360 fanbase. And 500 million on a block party is all good rather (courtesy of LIVE fees). Than secure future exclusives or fund the next ip that will differentiate the 360. Other than settling for the status quo of best 3rd party to party chat.

Microsoft has secured its place in gaming industry, and brought heat to the ps3 all I'm asking is to bring more to the table. You know like a game of catch with everyine throwing it at sony rather than fumble, threw it back then regadless of which console you prefer we will all benefit because of competition

Last edited:
U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5453697]Im not making a list of all the games coming out this year, but maybe you should realise that 90 percent of the everyday public that are the greatest number of people that own these consoles, and not us hardcore gaming fans, have no idea what an exclusive is.

if i could record to you how many times i get asked for forza on the ps3 or gt5 on the 360. Or Halo on the ps3, uncharted on the xbox.

The majority of people see a game as a game and don't look into the bottom corner of the box to see who published it.

Man ive had people argue with me that the people who made call of duty made Apache air assault. They have no idea that its made by someone else. They just see Activision in the corner.

I wish you would just see that some people see things different. There is Tons of games coming out this year, exclusive or not.[/QUOTE]

again... source??

one of my friends literally bought about 3 games this gen.(UC2, MW2, GT5)

and 2 of them are exclusives. does he know they are exclusive?? i dont know.... he just heard what games are good and bought them...

So i am not exactly sure what your point is... More games= better

Bigger library = better..

doesnt matter it is for hardcore or just regular core gamers. and huge portion of quality games are IN fact exclusive. in one console, above 90 + meta rated gamers are 1/3 or slightly less are exclusive.
of all games above 90+, probably more than half are exclusive to one console or another.

you are missing out huge chunks without exclusives. saying less game= good is just silly nonsense..

If you are buying 5 games, you are likely to get more value if you are choosing from library with exclusives and get less value if you are choosing from library with only multiplats...

think about that last sentence

Last edited:

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="cpitt, post: 5454018] Was this xbox owners rubbed it when thy had exclusives like bioshock, acquired past 3rd party, etc.

Nowadays exclusives games are overated, 3rd party will suffice, kinect success is good for the core 360 fanbase. And 500 million on a block party is all good rather (courtesy of LIVE fees). Than secure future exclusives or fund the next ip that will differentiate the 360.[/QUOTE]

Funny how that works.

cpitt

Super Elite
Mar 14, 2007
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="radgamer420, post: 5454043]Funny how that works.[/QUOTE] agree, hopefully by e3 something cool gets announced. If they open up e3 with justin beaver, were in for a world of pain. Unless Justin beaver is your thing.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="J3ff3, post: 5453612]when will you realize that maybe some people take this slightly less seriously than you do? yes its a shame there aren't more good exclusives, but does it REALLY matter? in reality some of the biggest disappointments I've had this gen have come from exclusives, (alan wake and infamous spring to mind), and I don't really have much time or money to game at the moment. this doesn't mean "i'm in love with the 360, or will always defend it to the death, or think that "Less game = good" - what ever that broken English is supposed to mean.

*edit - your obsession with the *Love* of 360 owners, and the decline of your English, remind me of an old member here.....[/QUOTE]

ohhh. Lol yea. that makes so much sense.i am the one taking this seriously when people are defending xbox 360 with sales and such.

having less ip is better?? yea... how do you feel about that one??

the real reason behind your post is pretty darn obvious...

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
No one has said having less is better? Unless I'm missing a post where someone said that.
And I don't doubt for a second that the average gamer doesn't care about exclusives as much as a core gamer or someone in the know.

As I've said the only way to enjoy this generation is to own all three consoles.

Stupid Tapatalk

The Sith

Forum Sage
Nov 15, 2007
Dallas, Texas
with the lack of core titles on the 360 i find myself playing the ps3 more. Imagine 18 months ago the 360 was the most played at my house now it's the ps3 that'gets all the attention.

Last edited:

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="The Sith, post: 5454089]with the lack of core titles on the 360 i find myself playing my ps3 more. Imagine 18 months ago the 360 was the most played at my house now it's the ps3 that'gets all the attention.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. On the PS3 I can play all the multiplats that the 360 has as well as several awesome PS3 exclusives not to mention free online play. 360 on the other hand is reliant on multiplats and Kinect games. My 360 is just gathering dust nowadays. If not for Gears 3 I would propably sell it.

Last edited: