Microsoft Pre-GDC press conference announcements (All in OP)

S

Soldier 95B

[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 5453361]i'm just saying the voices should be spoken so that MS can hear it and do things right by the consumer.[/quote]

No question there. Gamers are vocal too :)

[QUOTE="radgamer420, post: 5453515]First you say its a bummer that 2011 has such a quiet lineup but then in your reply to me you say 2011 for the 360 looks amazing. So which is it?[/quote]

It's apparently quiet for some who don't like the line up. For me, I am loving the games I can buy on the 360 this year. So which is it? Depends on who you ask. Quiet for some and great for others.

Secondly what first party games are you referring to? 360 has only 2 core exclusives in 2011 and only one is first party. Everything else is multiplats and Kinect.
I don't know the quantity, but I like what we see so far, IMO.

Hardly what I would call "amazing".
That's cool. We all have different viewpoints.

So basically the other console not only gets all the "killer lineup" of multiplats that the 360 gets but also a bunch of awesome exclusives as well.
Which is why I love owning both consoles, so I can enjoy them all.

Not hard to figure out which console gives you more choices of games.
I didn't think we were talking or comparing other consoles, and I don't think that is permitted in this thread.

But I guess less games is good?
Less games is not good. But the 2011 360 line up of games is going to empty my wallet. That is good.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
I will let ONE more small warning come into the thread.

Is it so hard to discuss MS's announcements without having a PS3 vs, 360 pissing match?

Leave list wars and console wars out of the thread.

Posts like "my 360 is just gathering dust, but my PS3 isn't" adds nothing to discussion and will only derail the thread.

J3ff3

Elite Guru
Dec 30, 2006
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5454059]ohhh. Lol yea. that makes so much sense.i am the one taking this seriously when people are defending xbox 360 with sales and such.

having less ip is better?? yea... how do you feel about that one??

the real reason behind your post is pretty darn obvious...[/QUOTE]

yeah, i'm sorry, i was just a little cranky - i think its because i'm thirsty.

you got any milk?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5454036]again... source??

one of my friends literally bought about 3 games this gen.(UC2, MW2, GT5)

and 2 of them are exclusives. does he know they are exclusive?? i dont know.... he just heard what games are good and bought them...

So i am not exactly sure what your point is... More games= better

Bigger library = better..

doesnt matter it is for hardcore or just regular core gamers. and huge portion of quality games are IN fact exclusive. in one console, above 90 + meta rated gamers are 1/3 or slightly less are exclusive.
of all games above 90+, probably more than half are exclusive to one console or another.

you are missing out huge chunks without exclusives. saying less game= good is just silly nonsense..

If you are buying 5 games, you are likely to get more value if you are choosing from library with exclusives and get less value if you are choosing from library with only multiplats...

think about that last sentence[/QUOTE]

Honestly i would rather take one really well made and well polished game with lots of replay factor etc, over quantity.

I think This is what microsoft excells at. All their games with added co op etc really work. Devs that make exclusicves on the 360 really focused with the online from the beginning.

I love uncharted 2. LOVED IT!!!!! but i completed it twice. Thats it. Ive gone through gears of war 1 and 2 countless times. Halo countless times. That's becuase of co op campaigns. It might just be me, but i love that stuff. I think that really puts those games ahead of a lot of games for longevity.

Gears 3 with 4 player campaign co op will honestly blow a lot of other games away and will be worth about 3 excluisvees on another platform in my eyes.

J3ff3

Elite Guru
Dec 30, 2006
[QUOTE="BoyBettaKnow, post: 5454085]No one has said having less is better? Unless I'm missing a post where someone said that.
And I don't doubt for a second that the average gamer doesn't care about exclusives as much as a core gamer or someone in the know.

As I've said the only way to enjoy this generation is to own all three consoles.

Stupid Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

don't spoil his fun. its his only point. and its completely fabricated as far as I can see.

@dasimpse - the point is not which you'd rather, because on the whole you can't tell the quality of the games until after they've been announced. so its always better to have more :)

Last edited:

LfCpS3

Master Poster
May 22, 2009
[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5454187]Honestly i would rather take one really well made and well polished game with lots of replay factor etc, over quantity.

I think This is what microsoft excells at. All their games with added co op etc really work. Devs that make exclusicves on the 360 really focused with the online from the beginning.

I love uncharted 2. LOVED IT!!!!! but i completed it twice. Thats it. Ive gone through gears of war 1 and 2 countless times. Halo countless times. That's becuase of co op campaigns. It might just be me, but i love that stuff. I think that really puts those games ahead of a lot of games for longevity.

Gears 3 with 4 player campaign co op will honestly blow a lot of other games away and will be worth about 3 excluisvees on another platform in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

You think the xbox 360 produces games that are more polished and are that of higher quality than ps3 games?

So because the ps3 has many exclusive games coming out, it means most games are standard games in terms of quality?

Last edited:

LfCpS3

Master Poster
May 22, 2009
I'm just hoping for Alan wake 2 to be announced and hopefully they stick to their original plan, making it open world.

The environment and location of Alan Wake was truly amazing, i hope they keep it similar but have it more large and open world ( with day/night cycle)

For Alan Wake 2 i just want: it to be free roam/open world( like gta), more guns and vehicles, RPG elements(?) and just keeping it similar to Alan Wake 1, since that was almost perfect.

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="LfCpS3, post: 5454209]You think the xbox 360 produces games that are more polished and are that of higher quality than ps3 games?

So because the ps3 has many exclusive games coming out, it means most games are standard games in terms of quality?[/QUOTE]

yea... his logic makes no sense either...i already told him about 90+ exclusives..

so i guess MS exclusive above 90+ rating is somehow magically so much more better than PS3 exclusive above 90+

[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5454187]Honestly i would rather take one really well made and well polished game with lots of replay factor etc, over quantity.

Gears 3 with 4 player campaign co op will honestly blow a lot of other games away and will be worth about 3 excluisvees on another platform in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh... so i guess Uncharted 2 Co op doesnt count. sure.... what you are saying still makes no sense.

i already pointed out that huge portion of 90+ rated games are exclusive.

are you saying that MS exclusive rated 90s are better than PS3 exclusive rated 90s?? and PS3 has more of them for your information.

AND I DO NOT KNOW why you are bringing up PS3 exclusives.

this is not PS3 vs Xbox 360.

I rather much have Gears 3 + Forza and Game A, B , C as Xbox exclusive rather than just Gears 3 + Forza.

twist it all you want....more games= bigger library= always better. and i literally loled "will be worth about 3 excluisvees..."

come on... man.. that is just....
well, w/e helps you sleep at night :)

Last edited:

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 5454187]

:lol::lol::lol:

U

UberMadness

i just want to make it clear. this isnt about PS vs Xbox. so stop preemptively attacking PS3 exclusive. it just shows that you are insecure about xbox line up.

the point i am trying to make is same as

[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 5453361]
And by no means am I saying that people should stop supporting MS or buying there stuff or anything like that as that'd just mean you'd all miss out on some really great games, i'm just saying the voices should be spoken so that MS can hear it and do things right by the consumer.
[/QUOTE]

and no more dumb excuses as "i like having less games"

then we maybe able to have a real discussion going :)

J3ff3

Elite Guru
Dec 30, 2006
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5454353]so stop preemptively attacking PS3 exclusive. it just shows that you are insecure about xbox line up.
[/QUOTE]
what are you on about? where is anyone attacking ps3 exclusives?

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="J3ff3, post: 5454437]what are you on about? where is anyone attacking ps3 exclusives?[/QUOTE]

hmm?? i dont think i brought up PS3 exclusive.. only responded to them

good example is Dasimpse.

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
Guys stop the fighting and lets get back to the thread and topic in hand and focus back on the 360 line up and talk about it again. This pitty argument is getting us lost in a mess of ' you said this, that and the other ' and ' i ment this, when you ment that'

so the games, dlc's are good or not so good.......

J3ff3

Elite Guru
Dec 30, 2006
[QUOTE="UberMadness, post: 5454451]hmm?? i dont think i brought up PS3 exclusive.. only responded to them[/quote]
what? who said that?
good example is Dasimpse.
the only thing i've read him say is that he 'LOVES' uncharted.

S

Soldier 95B

Any chance we can stop the PS3 chat in here as the mods have requested before this thread gets closed?

U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="J3ff3, post: 5454506]what? who said that?

the only thing i've read him say is that he 'LOVES' uncharted.[/QUOTE]

LoL.. yea. for my counter argument i am going to say- I LOVE gears but i think it sucks.

he talks about PS3 exclusive just how he only played it through 2 times compared to Gears which he played countless times.
and how gears counts as three exclusives.

Are you trying to be a blind on purpose?? he does this all the time. "I love KZ3 but this and that is trrible"

"I love that. but it was bad."

funny how you are trying to start things after what i just said..

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
Just let it go. This is entirely off topic.

This thread is not about the PS3, Sony, or its exclusives. Anymore posts pertaining to those topics WILL be removed.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
I feel the line up is barebones. I would really like to see some quality exclusives.. Real heavy hitter IP's that are entirely new.

It would be nice.

May 20, 2008
Well so far it looks like its gonna be a good year for ms. I dont know if this will be the last gears but im hoping that epic and ms could work something out in creating a new IP. They have a really good relationship.

S

Soldier 95B

It also seems that Crytek has been throwing some bones towards MS with their timed exclusive beta of Crysis 2, and their upcoming Codename: Kingdoms exclusive. Maybe we will see more from them at the next conference. Maybe it's a new future of other games to come the 360 way as well. Seems like a good combination.

J3ff3

Elite Guru
Dec 30, 2006
ms need to sort things out really.

why tease KI3 if you don't intend on having it made? why have we got the joke that is Dirt, but no rallisport? too many good franchises have fallen by the way side.

i

May 20, 2008
[QUOTE="Soldier 95B, post: 5454569]It also seems that Crytek has been throwing some bones towards MS with their timed exclusive beta of Crysis 2, and their upcoming Codename: Kingdoms exclusive. Maybe we will see more from them at the next conference. Maybe it's a new future of other games to come the 360 way as well. Seems like a good combination.[/QUOTE]

Yea..i agree with that. Hopefully Crytek and ms will get even closer in the years to come. Im excited to see some footage of Codename kingdoms. Looking at crysis2 im expecting this game to look really good. Hopefully there will be plenty of blood.:D

ms need to sort things out really.

why tease KI3 if you don't intend on having it made? why have we got the joke that is Dirt, but no rallisport? too many good franchises have fallen by the way side.
KI3 id definitely coming sooner or later. Im looking forward to it.

Last edited:

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
Gta 5, forza 4, skyrim to name a few, are extremely stronge games for ms and i know forza is a ms game.

but e3 just creeping towards us slowly and gives them plenty of time to increase their appeal and improve the future line up's come e3