Microsoft Security Essentials is out now

Copyright

Elite Guru
Feb 19, 2007
There are many for Windows 7, not sure about 64 bit though, thought that was meant to be the new best thing, compared to 32bit, and its not even supported well :lol:

Is this normal, or is it as supported as 32bit?

[DT]

Forum Guru
May 1, 2008
Vilano Beach, FL
It seems solid, cross checked it on a couple of things and it picked them up correctly, the footprint seems good, 32/64 bit versions, and _free_. Seems like a winner so far.

re: 64-bit

Generally incompatibility is relegated to drivers and a few system utilities (things that tend to intercept low level OS calls or interact directly with drivers), so most productivity type 32-bit apps run fine on/under a 64-bit OS.

A

Anbu_Evolution

Got rid of Avast! on my main laptop and will temporarily replace it with this. It's super easy to use so anyone who has family members who aren't too computer oriented, this can help them out without you having to explain much. It's also very lightweight. It's using no more than 3-4MB of memory according to Task Manager.

As far as how effective the software is, we'll have to see what the security researchers say about it after putting it through rigorous testing by throwing hundreds if not thousands of viruses and other malware at it to see it's detection and cleanup rate.

Vip3r

Super Elite
Apr 22, 2007
[QUOTE="Kopkiwi, post: 0]I just downloaded it now.

It's the only free anti virus I could find for Windows 7 64 bit.[/quote]

There's a 64bit version of Bullguard that I'm using which work fine.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="Anbu_Evolution, post: 0]Got rid of Avast! on my main laptop and will temporarily replace it with this. It's super easy to use so anyone who has family members who aren't too computer oriented, this can help them out without you having to explain much. It's also very lightweight. It's using no more than 3-4MB of memory according to Task Manager.

As far as how effective the software is, we'll have to see what the security researchers say about it after putting it through rigorous testing by throwing hundreds if not thousands of viruses and other malware at it to see it's detection and cleanup rate.[/quote]

[QUOTE="iBean, post: 0]Gonna try it. I'm fed up of using Avast.[/quote]

Whats wrong with avast?